Meet The Fockers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 24 2004, 05:14 AM
I'm not a big fan of classic films so much as martine- i can appreciate-- but at the same time, i like today's technology and effects in actioin movies.
really, the only old movies i like have deniro, pachino, harrison ford, or sean connery in them :D
[post=436728]Quoted post[/post]​

Yay to De Niro, Pachino, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Tommy Lee Jones, Gene Hackman... and as to the special effects, well they just can't carry the whole movie. That is why a I prefer older James Bond movies.

But the Ben Stiller thing is also how COMEDY movies are approached these days in general. To me, they developed from the primitive Three Stooges school of comedy. Just cheap physical humor. I prefer drier more sophisticated cerebral material. After watching the Three Stooges or a Farrellly Brothers or old Jim Carrey movie I just feel dumber. I can watch them, but it's only going to happen maybe twice a year at most. In terms of recent Hollywood movies, I really liked The Bourne Identity. I watched The Butterfly Effect and Fear Dot Com with friends and we just ripped those movies apart the the storylines.

:werd:

although, i do like Peirce as an actor. he was real good in the thomas crown affair :)

True. Brosnan has come along way from his days of Remington and Steele. And I really liked Rene Russo in that movie also.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 24 2004, 06:14 AM
:yes:

that apt movie was fucking t3h suck. how it made more than $20 at the theatre is beyond me.

i just really can't stand the guy.

owen and luke wilson are next on my list.
they drive me fucking nuts too. STFU!

I'm not a big fan of classic films so much as martine- i can appreciate-- but at the same time, i like today's technology and effects in actioin movies.
really, the only old movies i like have deniro, pachino, harrison ford, or sean connery in them :D
[post=436728]Quoted post[/post]​

me and you got almost the exact same taste in music and movies, it scares me.

i have almost every deniro flick there is.... and thats a SHITLOAD of movies, lemme tell you.

i'd have to say one of my favorite actors [dont hate] is Johnny Depp. :thumbsup:

donnie brasco, pirate of the caribeanne, edward scissorhands, blow, fear and loathing, from hell, the list goes on...

napoleon dynamite is fucking hilarious.

i even went out and bought the motion picture soundtrack. the music rocks.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Dec 25 2004, 12:07 PM
napoleon dynamite is fucking hilarious.
[post=437047]Quoted post[/post]​

werd... and i got it today for christmas B) but to get back on topic meet the fockers was funny but it had alot of dumb parts i could have dealt without.

I think the Cohen brothers are a good example of the last good, modern fimmakers. Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O' Brother Where Art Thou?, they're all amazing movies.

As far as actors go, I really like Edward Norton. He's pretty versatile, he can play a total sensative pussy (Death to Smoochy) or a total sociopathic badass (American History X).

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 26 2004, 06:55 PM
I think the Cohen brothers are a good example of the last good, modern fimmakers. Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O' Brother Where Art Thou?, they're all amazing movies.

As far as actors go, I really like Edward Norton. He's pretty versatile, he can play a total sensative pussy (Death to Smoochy) or a total sociopathic badass (American History X).
[post=437488]Quoted post[/post]​

or a mix of both in Fight Club

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Dec 26 2004, 09:09 PM
or a mix of both in Fight Club
[post=437512]Quoted post[/post]​
Norton is pretty badass, hes up there on my list as well.

norton is very good, im also a fan of kevin spacey. i saw meet the fockers, while the end was a litle long, the rest of the movie was hilarious.

I thought Dustin Hoffman was the funniest person in the movie. He usually plays serious roles, but he did a pretty good job in a comedic role.

Heh, I love most 70's and 80's and most 90's comedies. Big comedy freak.

I look forward to this movie though, I enjoyed the last one.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 27 2004, 12:22 AM
i liked him in it, as well as barbara streisand surprisingly
[post=437581]Quoted post[/post]​
I'm going to see it tomorrow with my cousins and i'm psyched, but theres something about that bitch Barbara that annoys the living shit out of me. Hopefully, I'll live through it. :ph34r:

finally saw Napoleon Dynamite. the first hour i was like 'wtf...' but halfway through i was nearly crying it was so funny.

"This suit..... It's incredible"

Originally posted by Prowler@Dec 27 2004, 09:42 PM
finally saw Napoleon Dynamite. the first hour i was like 'wtf...' but halfway through i was nearly crying it was so funny.

"This suit..... It's incredible"
[post=438035]Quoted post[/post]​

yessssssssssssssssss

Meet the Fockers was pretty good, saw it Sat. night in Tampa...I don't think it was as funny as the first one, but it had some pretty funny parts.

Went to see Meet The Fockers on Xmas day. It was pretty funny. Just saw Napoleon Dynamite today. that was hilarious, thinking about buying it. Also got Dodgeball for Xmas, and love it.

My brother got Napoleon Dynamite on DVD for crimmus. It has to be the best thing that MTV has touched in YEARS.

Originally posted by dveit@Dec 27 2004, 02:51 AM
but theres something about that bitch Barbara that annoys the hell the living shit out of me.
[post=437645]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

fuck that mullet 80's hair cutted biotch.

her + ben stiller = b not spending 8 bucks on it.

Back