1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Megan racing or DC Sport Header?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by MJ93Hatchback, Sep 17, 2008.

1. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

So my problem is this. I have a b16 sir2 I need to open up with a decent header and exhaust. I was told the megan racing was just like the dc sport but half the price. Then i was told the Megan racing was crap, to get at least a dc sport header. I was told the megan racing showed nothing on the dyno, but when I looked it up it showed 6hp/10 lbtq...however the dc sport claims 12-14 hp. I am gettig mixed results and advice, can anyone help me out on this situation, maybe get a few opinions...

2. a7x3815

a7x3815 New Member

idk abought dc my friend has one on his b16a3 but i use to have a spoon sport header and that in my mind is the best but also pretty pricey : (

3. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

if smog is an issue, DC.. if not, Megan.. they're basically the same thing, just one is smog legal

5. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

If megan is better than DC how come the info. I found on the internet has the DC making twice the HP that megan does? or is this information incorrect, because one making 6 hp and one making 12 hp, would to me make the 12 hp one worth the extra money. Im not trying to be ignorant just looking at it from all angles...but In your opinion why is Megan>DC?

6. George777

George777 ^^ Likes Bewbies

I noticed that you found some supportive evidence towards Megan, but did you get actual dyno information on the DC claim? Lots of products will claim a certain number that it can be. Some will even say it can be "up to" a certain amount. Also, if the applications were tested using different setups, that number could be off, too. An B18 with a Megan will result in different numbers than a B16 with a DC Sport.

To to find similar setups and compare their numbers on an even playing field.

7. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

:withstupid: MEGAN>DC
    ive never heard of anyone having a problem with megan's products

8. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

yeah this was just one guy around my area, he specializes in honda/acura stuff, and he just said that the megan racing did not prove to make any more power on the dyno, but ya know I would say you all have been doing it a lot longer and with several of you saying megan racing, including Blanco in the past, I will most likely have to go with megan racing, unless I somehow find a good deal on a dc sport

9. Ethan

Ethan Well-Known Member

I'm going Megan with my 93 accord.

10. AHHVTEC

AHHVTEC Well-Known Member VIP

if the dc was 100 bucks cheaper than the megan i would still buy the megan

11. eg6sir

not me.. only reason i say Megan > DC is because of the price.. if the DC were the same price as the Megan, i'd take the DC

12. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

well I am gonna have to go with whatever is available..if I can get a DC I will, but as soon as I can get my Apexi World Sport, or WS 2 exhaust I will order whichever one is available to me at the time. But there we go again with one saying DC and one saying Megan lol GeEeZzzzzzZ! but we'll see how it plays out, I do feel comfortable now thought if I have to get the megan.

13. eg6sir

i live in CA.. and smog is an issue.. so thats why i say i'd take the DC over the Megan.. but they're basically the same thing

14. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

Yeah, what everyone else said.

If you have to smog test:
    DC>Megan

If you don't have to smog test:
    Megan>DC

If you only have an exhaust sniffer:
    Megan = DC

15. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

right on works for me. Now here is another thing, is the megan racing 1-piece header good enough,or should I try to find the 4-2-1

16. awptickes

awptickes unimpressed by you VIP

the differences between the 1-piece and the 4-2-1 are so small that it doesn't really matter.

The 4-2-1 will blow out the 2-pipe gasket if you aren't careful when you install it. I wouldn't bother installing the gasket to begin with. I'd machine both surfaces, and make a copper gasket.

17. LightWeightChamp

LightWeightChamp Honda FTW!

98+ jdm itr :) both megan and dc are a copy of this header

18. MJ93Hatchback

MJ93Hatchback New Member

any suggestions on where to find one of those bad boys? and it would just bolt right up?

19. MaSSaCrE

MaSSaCrE New Member

go with megan alot cheaper and there is nothing wrong with megan racing parts one bit and they make fine numbers.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted