Mild lsvtec buildup: how to & pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ya know i just sat here and read this whole thread cause i got a 94 integra ls with plane stock b18 i've been thinking of doing the gsr head and 3 stage vtec just happened to read something and just starting my research but i was thinking the same thing as new to me as all this i don't know how you can score the journel like that with rod stud!:confused::confused:

ya know i just sat here and read this whole thread cause i got a 94 integra ls with plane stock b18 i've been thinking of doing the gsr head and 3 stage vtec just happened to read something and just starting my research but i was thinking the same thing as new to me as all this i don't know how you can score the journel like that with rod stud!:confused::confused:

how do you scratch a paint job with a metal zipper? perfection meets cold hard steel....

::subscribe::

Hey LS VTEC, i just saw your vacum cap rod bolt covers, good idea. Another thing ive used to help me is 3/8" rubber hose. you can cut it at any length and use it to help guide the rod through the bore. Its cheap to begin with and ive always got some layin around. just an idea for you. good luck with the rest of the build.

*waiting for updates as well* lol this build has me rlly interested..i have an ls sitting outside i really wanna tear into and see how it al works

hmmm no updates in a long ass time???? its okay everybody makes mistakes.... but i just dont see how you did all 4 the wrong way.. anyways lets see some updates... come on now.. dont be shy

FYI, the 3-stage VTEC was only available on the single-cam engines...

OKAYE!!!! its been like 3 weeks, no internet at home. i am at work about to leave. hopefully the internet is back up within the next couple weeks.... short block is finished. I will be waiting for my internet to do the head swap and engine swap. itr oil pump is on, gsr water pump, new tb tensioner is on, ctr crank pulley

this friday my internet should be fixed and running. Verizon is horrible but they are giving me 6 months free. :D see you all soon with pics of the finished short block.

Finally my internet is working :D sorry for the delay in progress, a lot going on... the short block is finished and I only need an oil pan. Since I have been gone I installed a itr oil pump, gsr water pump, new timing belt tensioner, new keyway (mine was missing), CTR crankshaft pulley... It snowed the other day and it has been cold as hell so I havent done much with the shell yet. I will be pulling the head soon ... since I will be dropping the engine on the street, it will make clearance issues a lot easier with no head on it. Still need head studs and ls/vtec conversion kit and i can swap it all out and get it wired back up. Tomorrow I will post pics of the finished short block...

Well, unfortunately I will not be finishing this project. The block is up for sale. I will be starting a new job next week and I will not have the time to finish this. The bright side of this will be boost... I just got a great deal on a brand new t04e, intercooler, TT manifold, tial wg and piping. I plan on pulling the head on the b16 anyway to do the head gasket, injectors and rail. If anyone is interested in the short block it will be for sale on eBay within the next week or so.

Back