Mild rant thread, more just curious than anything: the male mind

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay I got the TN guy and the current guy confused.

Still some random guy is talking to you on myspace. Of course he just wants the sexy time. Some dudes are like that. Generally they are young and all that. Not all guys are just a sack of hormones when they are 19 though. You just have to look in the right places.

Yeah. All I'm saying is he's the current example. I'm not pissed at this specific incident, it's just him and some other guys I've encountered, through the internet, work, etc. have some kind of hardcore inferiority complex going on and can't just leave things civil.

Well the world is full of douche bags. 99% of guys wish they could find a chick that was not a headcase too. Most the guys your going for though probably want nothing to do with a relationship at all or they are trying to play hard to get or some stupid shit. If you are fine with yourself then dont worry about it and things will happen. If you go out and look for it you are going to end up with douche bags.

Yeah, I've pretty much kept to myself and not looked for anything like that. But, you know, since I'm talking to a guy, they're just gonna assume I want that shit all the time too. I'm all for a good lay once in a while, but fuck, seriously, it gets old.

Yay i finally read it all and get to respond. Im a young guy myself im about to be 20 so i guess i know where alot of guys like that come from. We fear rejection especially me and if we do get rejected there comes lashing out at the things that just pop up in our head. For you it would be your looks life and car cause thats all there really is on your myspace as of right now from what i saw. Some guys are assholes and just wanted to get banged its life. Some women are matieralistic when they are younger that happens aswell. Some people grow out of it others dont. I think you are quite pretty and you do have a cool car since i dont have one at all im envious. Dont really take what anyone says seriously in anyway.

I do know what its like to think hey if i talk to a girl maybe i can get let but hey im a virgin so i guess it hasnt been working out so well but im not one to talk to a girl and ask her to cmoe over to "hang out". Guys are just assholes alot of the time and get too cocky think if one girl might be able to do it then maybe another one will aswell. I think your pretty smart aswell and could probably put up a good arguement if the need came along which i have read some of your stuff on here. ill talk with you anytime on myspace or here or something if you want to talk. i know what its like to just rant about crap.

Youth and growing out of it is a really tough thing to understand. Humanity itself is really just something that noone can truly understand. You can only get so much knowledge in your life but as time goes by you will just say screw it and go on with your life. I say the guy is a dick and was just looking to get laid. You dont seem like the type to do that and since you refused and did told him to do his own thing with someone else then you handled it right and properly. You didnt let it get to you and you just moved on. Your growing up nicely.

hopefully i dont get introuble for language or anything. i could have used worse. hopefully your still awake and i can get a responce....yay for responses.

What happened to you is the same EXACT thing that happened to me from girls (any age) that I met in real life,

It's rejection, as everyone has said. Even this current girl, the MOMENT she thought I may be rejecting her, she blew up and tried to make it look like I did something. What's worse is that I almost fell for it, and then in the end had to pretend that I did to gently coax her back.

It took a real long time to get her to even think that I didn't hate her, and wasn't going to leave. things are getting a little better, because when I say the same things she gets panicked instead of "angry"

It's just a defense mechanism for the weak.

What you mean to ask here is not "the male mind" but the "weak mind'.

^^^^I agree with cel

sounds like the dick wanted to try to get some midnight desperate laid or something. you rejected him so he blew up like a retard.

Guys like that are just immature, period. You reject their advances, they get pissed and throw a bitch fit. They lash out at your looks and your life because those are two things that anyone might get upset over; they're easy targets. They clown on your car because it's obvious that you're into cars. It's your hobby so it's another easy target, when it comes to you specifically.

Just don't let it get to you, and go on about your business. If a guy acts like that then he obviously just wanted a quick fuck and isn't worth your time, either as a friend or a boyfriend...

hopefully i dont get introuble for language or anything. i could have used worse. hopefully your still awake and i can get a responce....yay for responses.

I don't think you even used any swear words at all dude, lol. Don't worry about language on here...nobody cares...

What happened to you is the same EXACT thing that happened to me from girls (any age) that I met in real life,

It's rejection, as everyone has said. Even this current girl, the MOMENT she thought I may be rejecting her, she blew up and tried to make it look like I did something. What's worse is that I almost fell for it, and then in the end had to pretend that I did to gently coax her back.

It took a real long time to get her to even think that I didn't hate her, and wasn't going to leave. things are getting a little better, because when I say the same things she gets panicked instead of "angry"

It's just a defense mechanism for the weak.

What you mean to ask here is not "the male mind" but the "weak mind'.

Just a head's up, that sounds more like abandonment/ insecurity issues to me than rejection. I mean that's part of it, but mostly the other two. That's a typical girl thing, as soon as they get initiated into "crazy world of serious relationships". I'm not saying all girls do it, but a lot. Until they figure out that it really doesn't fucking matter if someone loses interest or whatever. You're the only one who can make you happy.

My take on the whole bit:

We're wired to be macho. "kill food, drag home" "flex muscles, impress woman, breed"
But there is no place for that in today's society. As a species, we are robbed of so many of our natural instincts.

He, in his mind, pictured you coming over to his place, him sweet talking you, and it all ending in the bedroom knockin the boots. When you said "No" rejection set in. This sent his hormone fuled mind reeling uncontrollably. "Woman no like sloth! Sloth no need woman! Sloth Macho!!! Sloth put woman in her place!!" These things, no joke, are fueled not only by the mind but amplified 10x by said hormones.

Now sloth is vulnerable and feels the need to protect himself and strike back. Its cave man instinct. So he hits you where he believes you are weak, to put himself above you, and make himself feel better.

Problem is, sloth will end up in jail some day, because we can't follow our instincts like that. He'll be the one that robs people and beats women, because he has no self control.

You are walking around Wal-Mart's clothing section wondering where they hid the Burberry and Gucci. Why don't you GTFO and hop on over to a Saks 5th...

You are walking around Wal-Mart's clothing section wondering where they hid the Burberry and Gucci. Why don't you GTFO and hop on over to a Saks 5th...

I'm trying to get an opinion man. I'm not looking for perfect, I'm looking for exceptional. I think misinterpreting things, just like some the guys on here did at first.

I'm just trying to bounce some ideas back and forth, end of story.

And btw, I like some of wal-mart's clothes....when they fit. Size zero, my ass.

I'm just trying to bounce some ideas back and forth, end of story.

Don't get mad and instantly get defensive. Just hear me out. This is not a personal atack....You are misinterpreting things. You know the answer to your own questions before you even ask them. You know why this guy did what he did. It's because he thought he was going to get to nut all over your stomach then you shut him down so then he had all that pent up aggression and jizz and he had to release it and since you were the source of his frustration, you became the target. I guarantee he beat off that night and forgot all about it.

Here's an idea. Cancel your MySpace account and find safe viable outlets for your social exploits. (Once again, not a personal attack) You are like almost every girl I have ever met. You wax on about wanting to change this and that with the grandest of intentions, yet you make little effort to break the cycle. What effort you do make is misguided and more detrimental to the situation than just remaining stagnant (read: moving in with whoever it was from the site and all that bullshit).

Don't even talk to guys on MySpace. Cut that shit out. And to the rest of you who come on here and keep feeding the fire with your comments about how "ya, a lot of guys are assholes. They are just looking for one thing.." No fucking shit. If you think you are any different you are in serious denial.

Here's one for all the girls that bitch about guys being assholes:

Close your legs and open your mind.

Figure it out.

More Virtual rep for the R8D !

Thanks. I am always repping you in my mind. Even when I sleep. :ph34r:

Why does everyone assume I talk to random guys constantly on myspace?? That's really starting to piss me off. I'm not some myspace whore, and actually, most of the only people I talk on myspace are people I know in real life. When guys get in contact with me through the interweb, it's usually their own doing. I don't go looking for fuck buddies.

How the fuck am I not supposed to take that as a personal attack. You know, I'm done trying to explain what I'm trying to get acroos to you. All you need to know is I agree with a couple things you said, but the rest is just a huge cynical load of horseshit.

I'm sorry to say, but I agree with UNDR8D. I also think you may have misunderstood what he said.

Read it again, because it's not a personal attack on you. You have to cancel this myspace page, and you have to do it now. You all need to do that. It's nothing but trouble.

Nothing good comes of myspace unless you're an advertiser. And advertisers know to go after ignorant audiences.

Here's one for all the girls that bitch about guys being assholes:

Close your legs and open your mind.

Figure it out.

Thanks. I am always repping you in my mind. Even when I sleep. :ph34r:

That's the shit that gets me defensive. I'm not the village bike and that's what most guys don't seem to get. Just because most guys find me attractive somehow, automatically means I'll put out??

As for the opening the mind thing, I think I have damn open-minded for my age. I may be opinionated, but that's a little different.

And I'm trying to figure it out. Bouncing ideas off of people's one of the best ways to help the process.

I respect your opinion, but I think what you're saying it a tad different than the idea I'm trying to get across.

Cel- You hate myspace, so I think that opinion's a little biased. :D

Honestly, Phyre and UNDR8D both hit the nail on the head. The bottom line is that his reaction and your concern about it are becasue your both young and relativly immature. I can only speak for myself, but I am WAY more mature at 23 than I was at 19-20 (however, I am sure I still have room to grow).

In one respect, life is way easier now because I simply don't have the time of day for that bullshit. My advice would be just to ignore it and move on. Its b/s and not worth dwelling upon or even trying to understand. Chances are your not going to give a crap about it in a week anyhow, keep the big picture in mind.

For the last time, I used that instance as an example. I don't care about it. I don't talk to him, and I'm fine with that, I don't know him. This is a general thing for the guys I've encountered lately, therefore, I just wanted some general advice on men that act like this. They're basicaly carbon copies of one another, so one piece of advice will work for most of the guys my age.

Okay, I have better idea of what's going on. But I'd still like to say that there are some of us that get on myspace for it was originally intended, to keep in contact with friends and family. I typically don't add anyone that I don't know from anywhere. I add most HS people and only friends I know from around my area.

How am I supposed to emphasis this part of it on there??? I mean, being on here is almost the same deal for me. I still get guys PMing me with stupid questions, just to tell me they think I'm hot, or whatever. This site is virtually no different for me.

But I'm not even talking about myspace in the first place. I'm talking about men. I've had the same EXACT situations with men that I've met through work or whatever. The point of this thread is know why these guys treat me like this. Not why myspace is dangerous and not specifically for online situations.

Back