Mild rant thread, more just curious than anything: the male mind

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

God, I haven't seen that movie in a long ass time. No wonder I didn't get it.

Btw, I keep forgetting to ask, wtf is up with your avatar lol?

One thing I've noticed: when a guy that you don't particularly know that well says something like "you're cute/hot/sexy," he is administering a field test. What he wants to do is see you're reaction to a seemingly harmless comment. It is this reaction that plants the seed of the "maybe I can fuck her" bush. If you giggle and blush, he thinks he will have a good chance. If you suddenly get distant and withdrawn, or ignore the comment all together, sometimes it gives the observant ones an idea that it'll take a bit more than that.

From the looks of your prior threads/comments that I've read, since that's about all I have to go by, you've come quite a ways as far as growing up, but you still have a lot to learn and see. Right now it's the boys you're age that will tell you what you want to hear to reach their hidden agenda, but you'll soon learn that it doesn't stop there. A car salesman will start a small talk conversation with you to feel you out, figure out how to approach his proposal and unless you're on top of things he'll sell you something that you didn't even know you needed. Waiters at resteraunts will make the evening special sound exquisitely appetizing, but only because their managers have some contest going on with a prize to whomever sells the most smoked salmon, since the salmon in the cooler goes bad in two days. All through life you are going to encounter the same situation with different names and different pursuasive techniques. It's up to you to figure out who's bullshitting and who's not. Consider the guys that you encounter throughout life as different tax brackets: as you get older you're more prone to different ages and different attitudes/reactions to rejection. And really, the only time I ever found someone that was right for me was when I had already said fuck it and stopped looking entirely.

But try to remember one thing, as some of the guys have already said. A lot of guys can be real dicks, it's because of the hormones/instincts. At the same time (no one will ever be able to sway my oppinion on this), all women.. and I do mean all... are insane. We think we like a guy who seems nice, he starts to get attached, then he's smothering us. We say we need space, he keeps trying for a few days, maybe a week, then says fuck it and stops calling. Then girl thinks, "why did he stop calling? he's a dick." It's a constant circle of not knowing what we want, or thinking we want something that we have no idea about. Guys might be naturally stupid, but girls are just plain crazy. We're indecisive, insecure, and pretty much neurotic from birth, it can't be helped. Even when we say we're super secure about our looks and our lives, it's mainly because we're insecure about being insecure.

Ok I'm done now..

You are a female? I did not know this... :shrug2:

ff3.jpg

to some people, that's more important.

LMFAO! I wish I could rep you for this one, B. haha!

Lol, true. I dunno, I just want people to like me for me, not because of how I look.

A great writer once said, "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind." -Dr. Seuss

It's the truth... i think. Works for me anyways. :D

yea i have dealt with before and its scary but its retarded at the sametime.. i dont get why the hell guys are like that. sometimes i wonder if they will ever grow up lol.. but not all guys are like that i have a great man that is nothing like that thank god lol

Back