Military, save your next check!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondadude141

¿pɐǝɥ ɹn ɥʇıʍ uıop nɥɔʇɐʍ
So our Admin NCO's (Non-commissioned officers) just sat us all down in a meeting and let us know that on the 15th we will be receiving 1 weeks worth of pay, and after that we are on our own. That is, until congress can get their shit together, and decides on a budget.

So I just thought I'd let any military here know that you might want to save that next check. God knows how long itll be until we get paid again.

Yep, what are we supposed to do about bills? Rent, Water, Electric, etc..? It's not like we can just call the bank/company and tell them "I'm not getting paid, so I can't pay you."

if i were in the military, i would file for unemployment, then start looking for a job.

it's not desertion if you aren't getting paid. it's common fucking sense.

What do you want to bet Obama, House, & Senate will still get paid?

Not paying your military with three wars going on? I am a veteran with NO beef with the military. But I wouldn't fight for free. The brass needs to grow balls and do more than look out for their next promotion...

there has to be some kind of legal point here that can get you out of the military if you wanted to.

they cant pay, they cant keep up their end of the contract.

the military is going to get paid.

for one simple reason. our government is too stupid to put a stop payment on that many accounts. they just wouldn't know how to cancel that many direct deposit accounts. it wont happen. i guarantee it.

jesus. thats ridiculous.

ive been seeing emails shot back and forth at work about the possible furlough tomorrow. I work for Honeywell who is contracted by NASA, we fly satellites. the latest news i have from my project lead is that NASA has not given Honeywell any specific instructions, so we are still planned to be business as usually for flight ops. but lots of emails aimed at govt employees are saying to prepare to be off work for an unknown length of time.

I cant really see NASA saying "we arent going to pay you" which would then be Honeywell telling me "we cant pay you". the spacecraft i work on has safing commands at the end of each days daily loads. if i dont load a new one each day, the satellite will automatically transition to a safemode. this is a billion dollar satellite we are talking about, and i dont think they would take that risk, safe/survival mode is not something you want to happen if you can prevent it.

and it might not be ALL millitary that will be getting pay withheld, maybe just reserves? or people on leave?

and it might not be ALL millitary that will be getting pay withheld, maybe just reserves? or people on leave?

Topic creator stated that non commissioned officers might be in trouble. Now is a great time to start your own contractor business....

As of right now Linh doesn't plan on going to work on Monday and doesn't know when she'll go back.

As with a few other hundred thousand if not more gov contracted workers.

It's ok, it will only last a week or two, and in the end it will help aid in pushing X many random things through that normally wouldn't get passed since it will be attached to the budget somehow.

The things I love the most are the gov workers who wont have a job to go to but will still get paid.

The only upside to all of this is I plan on getting all the little stuff around the house knocked out. some touch up painting here and there, removing all the railings and replacing the hardware and touching up the paint, remove some wood work and clean around it. 4-5 days off should give HER enough time to get it done =)

Lets hope this doesn't last past 1 week. All political games.

Why are you serving a man./country that won't pay you? revolt. take over DC. now is your time :X

This isn't one party, this is every politician. Republicans and democrats alike are trying to attach all kinds of extra things onto the bill because they know it has to get passed eventually, that's where most of the bickering is coming from.

Both sides are playing with the citizens and our soldiers, we're literally pawns in this power mongering game they've got going on.

It's always been this way, but they're alot more open with it lately because we just sit and take it. Why hide it if you don't have to.

Why are you serving a man./country that won't pay you?

I'm not serving Obama, atleast that's not my mind set. Here's the thing, whether we get paid or not, I still have something to protect, and fight for. If every military personnel just up and said "fuck it", We be in some deep crap, and a lot of lives could be potentially lost.

As long as I will be getting paid later on down the road for my duties today, that's fine. Because, like I said, I have a country to protect, as does everyone else. It is just ridiculous that it has even come into anyone's mind "Lets not pay the military", considering we are in three theaters, and that's taking a huge risk.

As of right now, they are saying we will get a weeks worth of pay on the 15th, and for however long the government is shut down, we will get "back-pay" which is essentially every check we didn't get, with our first check AFTER the government re-opens. I know my back will suspend all debt accounts on the 15th for any personnel relying on the military paycheck to pay their bills. Ie: credit cards, car/house loans, etc. So that'll help, but there has been no word on if any water/electric companies will do the same. If I have to I'll live in the dark will extremely limited water/electric use, just to lower my bill, and that doesn't bother me. I have a savings account, but this is NOT how I wanted to spend the money I've been saving for almost 2-3 years now, for a purchase I was so close to bing able to make.

Last edited:
i just dont get the point of this crap.

most of the people will just be getting a paid day off.
and the ones that dont get paid, will just get paid for those days later with back pay?

lol. whats the point?

i just dont get the point of this crap.

most of the people will just be getting a paid day off.
and the ones that dont get paid, will just get paid for those days later with back pay?

lol. whats the point?

No.

Gov workers will get paid days off.

Military workers will get back pay.

Thousands if not hundred thousand of contract workers will be told not go to work until its settled, and all pay stops. Once work picks back up, pay will start back up but with no back pay.

This really doesn't effect Gov/Military people outside of having money pushed back, the people who do the real work are getting fucked.

Thousands if not hundred thousand of contract workers will be told not go to work until its settled, and all pay stops. Once work picks back up, pay will start back up but with no back pay.

This really doesn't effect Gov/Military people outside of having money pushed back, the people who do the real work are getting fucked.

Yep, pretty much anyone who works for the government in any way is getting fucked worse than us. But at any degree its a bad situation.

Back