Military, save your next check!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No.

Gov workers will get paid days off.

Military workers will get back pay.

Thousands if not hundred thousand of contract workers will be told not go to work until its settled, and all pay stops. Once work picks back up, pay will start back up but with no back pay.

This really doesn't effect Gov/Military people outside of having money pushed back, the people who do the real work are getting fucked.
when you say govt contractors, do you mean people who work for a contractor? IE Lockheed, Honeywell, NG, etc employees? or are you referring to something else? if the govt shuts down, im still getting paid, im also essential personnel technically though too...

I dont think people have any idea of just how big this is although most likely just for a week or two.

Do background checks on non americans?
TS background checks for future gov workers?
Work a county funded park?
oil changes for county or state?
IT for any gov funded building?
serve food at any gov funded building?
clean at any gov funded buildings?

Unless you're a full blown gov worker or military you will not get back pay.

when you say govt contractors, do you mean people who work for a contractor? IE Lockheed, Honeywell, NG, etc employees? or are you referring to something else? if the govt shuts down, im still getting paid, im also essential personnel technically though too...

Any essential personnel will either be paid or recieve back pay at a date to be determined. All non-essential civilian personnel will not work, nor recieve any back pay.

Depends, if lockheed is only dealing with X contract and the money just shuts down.... I don't see you getting paid.

Lockheed is a massive company, I'm sure they have many different contracts. If they do shut down I'm guessing it would be on a small scale VS other companie. The company the old lady works for is pretty much shutting down. Few thousand employees.
But I believe they're contract is 100% based on X work with the gov.

well im honeywell, not lockheed, but we do have lockheed employees on the same contract. i really have no idea what lockheed is doing.

as of right now, my manager says business as usual.

well im honeywell, not lockheed, but we do have lockheed employees on the same contract. i really have no idea what lockheed is doing.

as of right now, my manager says business as usual.

Honeywell does many things for many different companies.

You have thousands of companies that are hired by the state or fed to do random jobs from cleaning toilets to doing security at entry points in state/fed buildings to people who work on future weapons... and everything in between. A lot of those companies do nothing but contract work for the gov that makes up 100% of their work. Those companies are shutting down 100% until the budget gets passed. No one for those companies will see a penny for lost work.

HAH! no. It just means, that your refund won't go through as fast, unless its electronic.

I still havnt been told if I'm working or not. During previous shut downs my position has been considered essintial but no one has actually told us anything.

Honeywell does many things for many different companies.

You have thousands of companies that are hired by the state or fed to do random jobs from cleaning toilets to doing security at entry points in state/fed buildings to people who work on future weapons... and everything in between. A lot of those companies do nothing but contract work for the gov that makes up 100% of their work. Those companies are shutting down 100% until the budget gets passed. No one for those companies will see a penny for lost work.
yea i guess that makes sense.

but if the security guards arent there, who will be there to check my badge and let me through? i DO work in a govt facility lol. i cant imagine security isnt considered essential.

I say shut it down. When people [most] realize life goes on w/out the government in full operation, they will realize how overrated most of what government does is.

:concur:

off-switch.jpg

yea i guess that makes sense.

but if the security guards arent there, who will be there to check my badge and let me through? i DO work in a govt facility lol. i cant imagine security isnt considered essential.

Do you have any idea how many agents stand around all day waiting to be told to do something?

Gov workers who would normally stand around will now be working a position....

Also access will be limited to must do things. So I'm guessing traffic will be down 60-70-80-90% depending on what agency we're talking about.

i work for a government defense contractor as well and we havent been told anything yet either. i guess we will see whats gonna happen soon...

I say shut it down. When people [most] realize life goes on w/out the government in full operation, they will realize how overrated most of what government does is.

Problem is people have no clue what the government does and how the money is spent, they hear war this and useless programs that. They'll see all their little parks close down as with other small offices that they like to use, they'll whine about how they need the government back and the people up top will be happy. Lots of little government run programs that cost them very little money VS other projects they run that can be 5-10-15-20x the cost of the stuff we normally see and like to use.

1 higher up government workers pay could allow for maybe 5 lower end people to get paid, if not even more.

i'd love to see a true tax bill showing where all the money goes to the last penny. How much money is spent on salaries and also expenses for those people making stupid high salaries. Not just what % to each project but a true breakdown.

Someone could be making 180K a year + have a $10K weekly spending account. As long as it fits into their budget they'll keep spending it because if the random department doesn't spend all their money, they risk having it lowered the next year.

i work for a government defense contractor as well and we havent been told anything yet either. i guess we will see whats gonna happen soon...

Guess your job is essential and you will either feel like nothing has happened, work and not get paid, or end up being told not to go in Monday =0

As of right now, there's still time to pass the budget, 3 more days before the freeze kicks in. So depending on how open your boss/pm is about it....

I was hearing teachers complaining they wanted to take their students to D.C. so they could vist XYZ museum and they are all fired up about them closing them down. Its just lame, there are a thousand things to do in D.C. that don't require going into a building. I've spent 5 hours two diffrent times walking around D.C. and didn't step foot inside of a buiding and felt like I still hadn't seen enough.

And for anyone feeling this is all the republicans fault or has friends that blame them just remind them if the previouse congress would have done the job they where elected to do we wouldn't be in this situation. Congress os the one job where you can simply show up and make a boat load of cash. Or hell even be elected President of the United States.

really makes me laugh that this battle is about a budget that was due 6 fucking months ago
but they let it slide because it was right before elections
the whole gov't is a fucking crock of shit, getting paid for not doing their fucking jobs

the biggest factor in a gov't shutdown is a clear sign to our debtors that we're complete fuck ups and i personally feel this will dramatically affect the US "credit score"
we're currently at 100% of GDP vs debt right?
has any other country every pulled this off and come back from it?

and fighting over 30 or 40 or 60 billion...
what a fucking joke
drops the zeros and we're fighting over 30-60 dollars out of 1400 (billions of spending vs trillions of national debt)

i could cook the fuck out of the books too but that doesn't make it right
i wonder if they considered the last trillion dollars the fed just printed off as income, lmfao

Back