Military, save your next check!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aint it great that our military isnt getting paid, while those in congress are... love it. NOT.

revolution is near.

Troops aren't going to be getting paid. Who in their right mind thinks it's okay to throw an Anti-Abortion rider (for ONLY DC mind you, since congress still has control over DC's budget) on a Military funding bill.

I wonder why all the conservative talk radio is trying to deflect that.

The rider doesn't even have anything to do with federal funds. It's tax dollars only collected from district residents.

Feh, I hate this shit.

hahaha here's your fucking government.
No death benefits for military during shutdown - Yahoo! News

this is why i'm a capitalist douche. because i'm going to take every chance i get to earn as much money as possible. and when i can afford, i'm outta this bitch.

why vote when the cocksuckers don't go to work? why vote for them when they wont vote to pass bills.

and this isn't even partisan politics. they are just a bunch of assholes. america is so fucked. i remember when people were worried about the "grand theft auto generation" taking over. we should be more worried about these lifetime, career politicians.

all of these congressmen need to sit their fat asses in an unemployment line for a couple months. then, they need to go to iraq and get shot at. and after that, they need to have all of their taxes audit.

here's a big "FUCK YOU" to uncle sam.:fuckyou3:

I can't believe it was passed.

Obama hailed the deal as "the biggest annual spending cut in history." House Speaker John Boehner said that over the next decade it would cut government spending by $500 billion — and won an ovation from his rank and file, tea party adherents among them.

Why don't they list how many billions were spent in the last 24 months.
Glad we're saving that over the next 10 years....

It is just another CR. We are going to be talking about the same thing next Friday.

i read they agreed on maybe 38.5 billion?
and they are going to finalize it so it should be all said done
we shall see

i'd like to send in all my clients tax returns 6 months late and then site congress as precedent as to why they should not be penalized or charged late fees

I know some people that work for a very essential branch of the government and last time they had the shut down in 95, their branch wrote letters to their debtors on their behalf for skip payments. It was quite interesting.

Back on topic. What was the big issue with the budget? I've been reading/seeing a lot of bull shit about planned parent hood, etc. IS this true?

From what I can tell Republicans had a PPH rider attached which would have defunded it. Which is why there are all the quotes coming from dems claiming republicans wanting to kill women came from.

Back on topic. What was the big issue with the budget? I've been reading/seeing a lot of bull shit about planned parent hood, etc. IS this true?

On the one that passed, it reinstated a ban on abortions in DC (except for incest, rape and where it could cost the life of the mother). The last CR that was voted out tried to completely defund PPH

This entire thing is a stunt and a crock.

Let's break it down.

This is the 2011 operating budget. Aka, already 4 months in this year. I don't know the exact 'fiscal' year range.

Our deficit is 14,260 billion dollars.
United States public debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(14.2 trillion).

According to this:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2012/assets/tables.pdf
There is a 1,101 billion deficit in the budget for this year.

So, they fought over and cut out 38 billion dollars. But the rest of the 1,063 billion for this year will simply be added to the deficit to 15,200 -ish billion dollars.

receiptsare listed at 26% of this figure.

Which means,

in order to break EVEN on just the year-to-year budget, we need a 75% increase in taxes or reduction in spending, or combination of the two.

And then we'll still have 14, odd trillion dollars in debt to pay.

Perspective:
If the white house earned TEN dollars for every year since the big bang, it still wouldn't have enough money to pay for the debt.

This 38 billion to the budget is like you dumping your coin change in the 'tip' jar after buying a coffee. It won't be missed, won't matter, and won't change a thing.

Buy silver. America is over.

Last edited:
how does 1,000 billion = 10 trillion exactly?

Back