Minecraft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dont "zombies" or whatnot come during the night period in the game?

Zombies and creepers, yeah, but stay indoors at night and you're usually fine. That's usually when I do my iron/gold smelting and rearrange my inventory, cook some pork, etc. When I find more diamonds I'm going to put on a full suit of diamond armor.

If you find a giant cave and link it to your house, you should put a door up so you can keep your house/castle/whatever secure from them.

Creepers are good miners, they explode when they get close enough. It's a good way to clear out a nice size chunk of a cave.

by the way. I figured out you can turn it to peaceful so there aren't any spiders, creepers zombies or arrow bones.

So I was hanging out on top of my mob grinder (water trap) and I saw a skeleton riding a spider. I have heard that there is a rare spawn involving a spider with a saddle but as you can tell from the screen shots I wasn't about to run my ass over there to try and get on it.

And I threw in a shot of my strip mine at level 12. Ive pulled almost 50 diamonds out of level 12 and have three stacks of red stone and a few stacks of iron. Level 12 being 12 layers above bedrock. If you hold F3 it will show you what level you are on. Lava exists on level 12 so you dont really have to worry about it dropping on you but you do have to worry about falling into it. But a bucket of water takes care of it right quick. Ill take some shots of my base and mob grinder though.

Attachments

• Skeleton riding spider.JPG
    Skeleton riding spider.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,935
  • skeleton riding spider 2.JPG
    skeleton riding spider 2.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,216
  • Level 12 Mining.JPG
    Level 12 Mining.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 238
I've yet to find a mother load of diamonds like that. I usually hit anywhere from one to five blocks of diamond anytime I stumble across it.

I stopped mining Redstone though. When I had 18 blocks of 64 redstone (1154 units) and really have no use for it until I figure out how to make the rail work with it, I stopped wasting my Iron and diamond pickaxes.

I did however find myself a mob spawn point with two chests. That netted me a saddle, a music disc and 30 some units of Moss Stone.

You can ride pigs with the saddle. But if the pig despawns you lose the saddle. I had my guy stand in the bottom of my mob grinder all night and woke up to two stacks of feathers, a stack and a half of "sulfer" and a stack of arrows. Not bad for 6 or 7 hours of just standing in one place. However, I broke the dirt block that was blocking my ladder out of my grinder and three creepers fell in and blew me up. I need to make the ceiling glass so I can see if there are any creepers hanging out.

Made myself a gravel tower to take a screen shot of my home base area. The big cobblestone structure is my mob grinder. The sandy area off to the right is going to be a village. The bond area in the lower left is at the bottom of the entrance to my base. I built it into the mountain and have been clearing and leveling the area around it.

Attachments

• Base.JPG
    Base.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 168
Most of my shit has been chaotic. I built up a house with a few walkways, then got bored and wandered off, built a second house and ended up linking them with a giant above ground walkway. Then I built this giant walled in area and started excavating it.

Drake, get on this server. 69.162.73.101 It's a public server, Greatmiah and I have been building on it a little. We somehow managed to connect our two basements.

The spawn point on this server is a mess ha ha. Some building is on fire, holes every where. Ill try and track down your house/base.

greatmiahs is wood, mine is stone next to it... its far from the spawn though. if youre on tonight ill show you my secret hideout.

they're making some changes tonight. I can't wait. you can dye wool now, and there will be more crafting recipes.

Its been laggy as hell. I patched the holes up in my house/base and thats about all I got done tonight. I read some place that Notch left debug code in the release and thats where the lag is coming from.

Some dude set our entire forest on fire. lol Then he burnt down that one guys house, we all managed to save most of Miahs, and he had that thing rebuilt in 5 minutes.

so on this game ... from what i can gather ... you walk around with a little person. and build and mine?

Yup. It sounds stupid and pointless, but no less stupid and pointless than any other game. It takes the sand box concept to an almost literal level. Plus their are servers for just about every play style. PvP, RPG, theme based etc.

i got to the point where you had to pay, but honestly idk if i can afford to spend so much time on something ... i think i would get sucked in

can you die??

and is it a one time payment or a monthly thing? it might keep me from going out and spending money which could be good.

Its a one time fee. And yes you can die if you set the difficulty to easy or higher. Or if you play on a "normal" server. Some servers have PvP enabled as well.

Back