mmm new mirage sextoys.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ah, i finally decided to read through this 12 page thread. lol

cliff notes:
turning a mirage into a lancer.
newb made fun of a noob.
gas prices suck, but are getting better.

Lmao. I like the recap. Maybe cause Im in it, but its funny.

interesting fact. this weekend we will be mounting a blitz style evo8 bumper to the car.

its a decent close fit. the depth is good and so is the height. it is about 6 inches too wide though... but not for long.

03_evo8_tracer_fshowcase1.jpg

this dude on another forum said that fiberglass is no good for bumpers and such after i suggested that a guy zip tie, fiberglass and sand his bumper cuz there was a fat crack in it..
but then yesterday, he told someone to use fiberglass on their bumper..
i was like, wtf?
he said he went to school for body work.
now im confused.

considering the bumper IS fiberglass i dont see the problem.

this dude on another forum said that fiberglass is no good for bumpers and such after i suggested that a guy zip tie, fiberglass and sand his bumper cuz there was a fat crack in it..
but then yesterday, he told someone to use fiberglass on their bumper..
i was like, wtf?
he said he went to school for body work.
now im confused.

That guy is what I like to call a douche bag. Fiberglass isnt good to use on bumpers? Walk through a parkin lot, any parkin lot, and look at the number of cars that have fiberglass bumpers. From the factory or otherwise.

now i feel better about my improvisation skills.
cuz this dude lived in italy and he couldnt find another bumper for shit for his 90 prelude except an 89 which would mean hed have to swap the taillights, rear fenders and trunk lid or itd look stupid..
so i said the ziptie and fiberglass thing and a different guy said thats the worst idea hes ever heard.
he said the next rock he hit would break it all off..

now i feel better about my improvisation skills.
cuz this dude lived in italy and he couldnt find another bumper for shit for his 90 prelude except an 89 which would mean hed have to swap the taillights, rear fenders and trunk lid or itd look stupid..
so i said the ziptie and fiberglass thing and a different guy said thats the worst idea hes ever heard.
he said the next rock he hit would break it all off..

There's a difference between fiberglassing a plastic bumper, and fiberglassing a fiberglass bumper.

yes, plastic is more flexible, fiberglass is rigid, so if the plastic flexes, it will crack where the fiberglass is bonded to it. U unnastan?

the guy that does excllent fiberglass would be me!!!but chris hasnt asked me to do it yet,so i dont now if hes talking about me anymore:(
cant wait to see the outcome,if ya need any tips you know where to reach me:D

Back