Modern Warfare 3 Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

As long as it's fun, challenging and I get new achievements. I could care less... but that's also because I'm the most easy going person you'll ever have the pleasure of knowing. Ever.

Woops, sorry, I meant ID Tech 3. Unreal 3 is much more recent.

Anyway, I guess I'm not as easy going. I like CoD, but I think it's kind of shitty that they're still using the Quake 3 engine to build these games. I mean, watch the preview videos for Medal of Honor: Warfighter. It looks AMAZING. It's almost embarassing how bad CoD looks in comparison to what's possible with a newer engine, even on consoles. PC is always going to look the best obviously.

It's honestly amazing that CoD looks as good as it does, considering the technology is 13 years old. Even Doom 3 runs on newer tech than CoD does, and that game is old as balls at this point. We could have had a better looking CoD at this point, but they'd rather pump one out every year with a few new guns and killstreaks added in instead of actually improving the game at all.

We'll see I guess. If this next gen CoD isn't a huge improvement over the current ones, I think that might be the point where people start losing interest. Who knows though...

Also, I used to be one of those dudes who was all against camping and who took this shit all seriously. Well...I've done an about face on that, LOL. So much more fun if you don't give a shit. Recently I've been playing all FFA, and just camping like a beotch. Dudes getting pissed off left and right, LMAO...

I was the same way.. then i started using the sniper and it all changed.. they will literally run around corners right into your sight.. lol

I know, I love it! I love all the hard-asses that start bitching about "skill". If you're bitching the entire time you're playing, then shit, take a break and play something else. It's a game, it should be fun.

And honestly, to do well camping or rushing you still have to be a decent player. Noob that puts Assasin on and waits in a corner somewhere will get maybe 5 kills a game from people who run past, but to actually do well you need good reflexes and knowledge of the maps and spawns.

I typically roll with an SMG or AR and just stake out an area of the map where I can run back and forth and check all the entry ways. People will just keep coming back for revenge, but if your spot is good and your reflexes are good, you'll get a bunch of kills, easy.

And fuck all the dudes bitching about skill, LOL. I mean, you know where I'm going to be, right? If I'm such a skill-less, cheap ass bitch, then shouldn't you be able to easily come and get me?

Last edited:
i just wished they would fix it to where ppl on your team cant destroy your equipment/ choppers

yeah, hard core, you think it would be fixed to where it kills you as if you shot a team mate, but its not.

Depends on the game type on hardcore, most of them are ricochet, where if you shoot a teammate you inflict that damage on yourself instead.

thats what im saying i wish they would make it to where if you destroy teammates equipment it would kill you.

Thats why i stopped using claymores.. my teammates would just blow them up

You know that little message that flashes in the lobby as the game is setting up, the "Finding the Best Host" one? They should just change that message to read "Finding the Person Who's Going to Get Fucked Over the Hardest".

Seriously, being host in this game sucks SO bad. What happened? Host used to have a slight advantage in the earlier CoD games. Now I'll get in to a game and start dying a bunch of BS deaths, like where I lit somebody up with bullets and then on the kill cam it shows me firing one shot or not even shooting at all. Leave the game, and sure enough...host migration.

As a host on Black Ops you also have the advantage of if you kill teammates too many times, it won't kick you. You can basically do whatever you want. On MW3, it rarely makes me the host anymore. Not sure why.

Did I miss something? There are 20 prestiges now?

Yeah, that's what I was talking about a page back, when I asked if anyone had gone beyond Prestige 10, and if there was anything new to unlock. They added five more at one point, and then an additional five. From what I can tell though, they didn't add any new emblems or titles with these new prestiges, so I don't really see any point to it. I'm already Prestige 9, level 35 or so. I'll probably go to 10 and then quit prestiging and work on finishing challenges...

Yeah as I switched over to prestige 15 I noticed someone with the 10th prestige and an x above it. Then it dawned on me they added 5 more. I'm staying on 15. It's getting boring prestiging. I was working on my L118A, got and finished off the variable zoom scope for it. I recommend getting that scope for your snipers if you like sniping, it helps tremendously.

I finally hit prestige 10 on Monday.
I will probably keep playing and prestiging until the new Blops2 comes out and then never play this again. Last weekend I played the first blops for a couple hours just to check it out again, fun game.
My newest go to class is the Acr/kick/silencer, akimbo 44's, grenade and portable radar, sleight of hand pro, assassin pro and marksman pro.

I think my cable company recently increased my speeds up to 3mb because I have noticed a drastic improvement in podium finishes. I'm even pulling some 30&<10 games that appear as if i am the host because there are some times i just know i should be dead but pull off the kill first.

Back