most power for least amount of cash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91tegrals

im new to honda i just bought a 91 integra ls after my 240sx was killed i was wondering if any one knew the stock 1/4 mile time and how could i get the most power on a $2,000 budget the only thing i have at the moment is intake because i do not know what direction i wanna go :bash:

Originally posted by 91tegrals@Nov 30 2004, 08:51 AM
im  new to honda i just bought a 91 integra ls after my 240sx was killed i was wondering if any one knew the stock 1/4 mile time and how could i get the most power on a $2,000 budget the only thing i have at the moment is intake because i do not know what direction i wanna go  :bash:
[post=424062]Quoted post[/post]​

If the motor is strong you could consider a turbo application. other wise consider a swap. I say that because the fact that your willing to slap 2k down souds like you expecting a good amount more power. so maybe consider a GSR swap motor only combined with your ls tranny, should be a lil more then 2k. Or if you dont wanna swap, consider geting a B16 trany or GS-R trany along with some cams and valves, cam gears, and some type of tuning device along with some dyno time. IE hondata or an Apexi SAFC though hondata will serve you much better.

The better geard trany will be a big improvement though.

Don't listen to Jeff. :slap: :D

Visit Homemadeturbo.com or ask some of the guys in the forced inductions forum about piecing together a home made kit. You should be able to do it for around your budget and then even if you blow the motor you have now, a new LS motor is only $750. You will be very happy with a turbo kit, but don't forget that fuel manegement is the most important part. You should be able to put down 250-300 wheel horsepower easy.

:thumbsup:

:werd: definetly the cheapest way to go. but if you have 2000 thats not cheapest type budget. i say do some research, piece together a turbo kit for around 1200 and use the rest for tuning like dyno and hondata ecu(uberdata is free)
and if thats the way your thinkin of going, go to hmt like sohcslammer said and all the info is there. parts you need to buy are all there.

thanks for ideas i think im just gonna put together a turbo kit

Back