Mr. and the future Mrs. Bob Vila's new house?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
Well, the time has come where we are thinking of purchasing a new home. The condo is nice, but we are thinking of starting a family in the next 5 years and well, condo living isn't that great for small kids. So while the condo market is still somewhat hot we're looking to jump ship and take the plunge...

We foudn what we wanted and in great time - New Construction in the same side of town as Brian is.

Details: 2000 sq. ft. 1 Car garage, 3br, 2.5 bath. Great Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Breakfast Nook, Office, Full basement, MBR/ Walk in closet, MBR Bath, Cathedral Ceiling in MBR, laundry on 2nd floor. Central Air. HW Floors, choice of cabinets, etc.

We're really excited as we were going to build this style of house after the wedding however the rpice is right as long as we agree to the monthly mortgage price when we get pre-qual'd.

Here's some pics:

DSC01779.JPG

Great Room into the kitchen
DSC01795.JPG

Powder room into the Office:
DSC01797.JPG

Front door into the dining room:
DSC01799.JPG

Kitchen into the Great Room:
DSC01801.JPG

Front Porch:
DSC01805.JPG

MBR:
DSC01817.JPG

Future Mrs. Bob Vila's WIC:
DSC01810.JPG

View from our MBR:
DSC01818.JPG

Foyer:
DSC01820.JPG

Garage/Basement (partition has to be built yet
DSC01828.JPG

We sent info over to the mortgage broker to get pre-qualed. Shouldn't have any problem as I did some prelim calculators and have been given estimates of 450k plus :) Should find out in a day or two :):):)

Now is definately THE time to get out of a Condo. You see some of these prices ? Gawd DAM

So that's your prequal, but what's the price of the house ?

so you are basically buying a pre-constructed house and can pick what you want inside?

thats awesome!

Whoa what's that about?

But shit I like the style of the house. Almost like a craftsman. For the exterior what are you going to do for a finish? Might I suggest some high end sanded shingles atop some nice cedar bevel with white brick style trim? :yum:

And I love the idea that you can design and do whatever you want to the interior. Honestly, you're at the point in the process when the owner comes into play and tells the builder what they want, what color, etc. Do it!

well christ man, throw a fucking smiley in there or something before I pinch a fit and start throwing shit. :)

And yes, we pick everything out from this point forward. We can add/change/delete walls if we want as well.

my bad :mrgreen:

i think this would be the easiest house buy ever. the hard work is already done, just make it what you want inside. its probably cheaper in the long run as well.

Quoted post[/post]]
well christ man, throw a fucking smiley in there or something before I pinch a fit and start throwing shit. :)

And yes, we pick everything out from this point forward. We can add/change/delete walls if we want as well.

It also looks like the electrical and isn't done. Are you up with coping with that?

Also you should look into hardwiring the entire place, and doing all your home theatre, etc. while you still can. It'd make life real easy for you down the road.

nice looking place steve
is that first pic the front or the back??? looks like a back but it doesnt make sense that the garage would be behind the house
:hmm:

Quoted post[/post]]
Now is definately THE time to get out of a Condo. You see some of these prices ? Gawd DAM

So that's your prequal, but what's the price of the house ?

I don't even see how you would have read that wrong. :) But damn man, that house looks bad ass. It would be so easy just to point and tell everyone where to put everything. You can have a say in pretty much everything, and that can save a LOT of headaches.

seriously...have that shit wired for ethernet now...it was a bitch to do my house...texas...august...every room getting a network plug (living room, family room downstairs, family room upstairs, my room, moms room and then hub everything in the office...took me over a week...basically did one room a day for a week. Its worth it...especially if youre a gamer...then i got my laptop and now i have ethernet in everyroom AND wifi.

I did that in my mothers old house and it was nice, but it was a bitch to maintain. I think I might just stick with my wifi as I will have an office for my setup...we'll see though

First pic is of the front...

My father did the whole development deal... He said he would never do it again. They give you offers on what is available but as soon as it is done it changes. Like windows on both sides of the house. You would think you could do it but they didnt want us looking into our neighbors windows at night and all. Alot of options on the kitchen, basement and masterbath. The stress cracks are bad at times, and they are still coming out to fix unpainted drywall, squeky doors, and electrical wiring. They slapped out house together in 14 weeks. Pennsylvania is alot cheaper than CT for sure though... he got a 4000 sq. ft house for 239,000 after closing. So not bad but we get no yard, or quietness ubtill the development is done building.

Yeah, luckily, I know the developers as the contractor built my mothers house and his father moved next door to her. Hopefully he'll be cool and give us some play money or something. We are also getting a warranty with this above the normal 1 year that comes iwth new home buying in Ct. A 4000 sq. ft. house in Ct, regardless of city would start around 550k and thats for a run of the mill house with no architectural design elements that would make it unique.

Should hear today on our qual status, we should be no where near our max purchase limit with this.

good luck!!!! looks sweet :worthy:

so when is B going to open up Mortgageswap.com??? :laugh:

Back