1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my 89 sedan sleeper build

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by 89y49rexsi, Aug 7, 2009.

1. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

ok guys some of you allready know about this but im building an 89 sedan here is the progress ive made so far special thanks goes out to brady for the wheel and dc2r for the front end and the trunk lid and dustpan cuz alot of my parts came off of the hatch that i bought from him including the rotorsright now i am working on getting a new trailing arm and lca and brake set up for it so that i can get it legal so i can go back to workhere is a pic of the car when i first bought it[​IMG]old gauge cluster[​IMG]new guage cluster[​IMG]new eclipse head unit and tsudo shift counter whieghted shift knob[​IMG]and here are the new wheels that i took off my crx YES THEY ARE retarded THANKS FOR NOTICING[​IMG]yes its rusted and i dont give a f**k but here is the car before i lower it next week[​IMG]and here are the cheap ass race seats that will make their way into the car once i fab up some brackets[​IMG]here is the bay after a front strut bar and yes i know that my intake is not fastend down it is a cai but i just placed it in for fitment[​IMG]here are some pics of the front suspension that will make its way onto the sedan (no they are not new they are from my hatch that i bought from dustpan lol)before cleaning[​IMG]after cleaning (only a light one to get the grease off)[​IMG]eibach baby hell yeah[​IMG]it is starting to look better but still not quite there yet [​IMG]

2. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

ok i just put in my dash clock out of my crx and will prolly do the struts tonight[​IMG]this is the current pic of the car before i start some of the body work[​IMG]here is my messy ass trunk filled with tools and parts lol[​IMG]and here are my rusted ass crossdrilled rotors before getting them resurfaced they will be resurfaced once i get back to work or get some money[​IMG]

3. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

the rear suspension[​IMG]and the lower strut bolt that was apperently rusted to the inside of the lca bushing and is the reason that im replacing the whole trailing arm lca assembly on the car later this week[​IMG]and here is the trunk lid i picked up from dc2r[​IMG][​IMG]here is a pic of my neighbors stock sedan vs my lowered sedan lolmine is the closer one btw and also the one with rust covered by black paint for now lol[​IMG]and here is his wheel fender gap[​IMG]and here is my wheel fender gap much better dont ya think[​IMG]

4. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

got the fenders, bumper and hood here is the pic before install[​IMG]here are the pics of them on the car[​IMG][​IMG]here are the steering columnsthe one on the left is from my crx and the one on the right is from my sedan can you tell the differenceit only took me about an hour and 20 min to swap out the column and remove the old one[​IMG]

5. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

and here is the shift knob im going to buy tommorrow its a civic type r aka shift knob lol its pimp as shit im lovin the green on the know its very suttle but its green and then the red h pattern is just bad ass[​IMG][​IMG]and here is the rear view mirror from my crx its better than the one that came stock in tha car cuz tha stock one mounts to the windshield and takes up alot of visibility and i found out that there are holes in my headliner and the roof for it so i put it on lol[​IMG]

6. buttered corn

buttered corn New Member

looks nice, good job. are you going to paint it too?

7. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

yes im goin to do the body work and get an lx rear bumper and rattle can the whole car satin black until i get back to work then its goin black black lol

8. nofxSOHCcrx

nofxSOHCcrx New Member

right on man, Lookslike going to come along nicely. Keep it up, I'm watchin!

9. GlassHeadlights

GlassHeadlights West West Yall

What happened to the CRX?

10. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

it is moving along slowly cuz i was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis right after i bought it and now i am on medical leave so i dont have income until i get back to work so i still need to get it legal aka liscenced and insured. then i will really start moving on it real quick. any ideas on how to get those seats in tha car without buying $100 brackets for each side im thinkin about welding them to the floor lol

11. GlassHeadlights

Take the brakets off of the stock seats and see what has to be done to fit them on the new seats.

Sorry to hear about your condition bro.

12. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

allready did that they wont work for the pure and very simple fact that the stock rails have one side that bolts up underneath and the other side bolts up on the side now i have been thinking about cutting off the part that bolts to the side but i still dont know if they are the same width apart as the stock seats and my crx got rear ended by a friend and also hit by a lady that wasnt paying attention

13. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

yeah thanks man it really sucks cuz it comes and goes whenever it feels like coming on.. at points i cant walk or see but ive had a good couple of weeks and i think im going to be able to go back to work by the end of the month if i can find the money to get my car legal

14. GlassHeadlights

Hmmmmm, that's tricky....glue the fuckers down! Otherwise you might just have to buy the brackets. The seats are kinds gay no offence, I would stock with stock.

And the y49 curse strikes again...

15. 89y49rexsi

89y49rexsi New Member

yeah thats another reason i am getting rid of my rexand i am not going to buy the brackets im prolly just going to weld them to the floori cant stand the stock seats that are in the car and whats even worse is that they are falling apart and the racing seats are kinda gay but are very very comfortable

16. blackdahlia6

blackdahlia6 New Member

i enjoyed reading that!

i think the longer you look at older civics the more attractive they become haha

17. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

So... in what way is this a sleeper?

Looks like a stock dx engined civic fodo to me..

18. 95b16coupe

95b16coupe New Member

it's sleeper because everybody looks at it and thinks "sleeper".

it's a sleeper sleeper.

p.s. that word got really old, really fast.

19. Magana559

Magana559 The Warden

Thats a bullshit lie, thats a "nice car", not a sleeper. its a stock engine.

you want a sleeper slap a boosted b20 or a boosted single cam. that would be a sleeper.

calling it a sleeper would be just like adding a bunch of multi-colored stickers with shit it dosent have......AKA rice.

Nice car but dont call it a sleeper unless it has something making over 200 WHP.

20. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Joke is on us.. Thats a supercharged K24 with a d16 valve cover and fakie dual point intake.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted