My 91 Civic Dx Project

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is anyone else beside me getting excited from just following all of this?

7/30 UPDATE

Ok so here is the latest. I figured out the vacuum hoses and installed a "T" for the FPR and the vacuum hose coming from behind the #1 Cylinder. By doing this
I got rid of CODE 5. CODE 9 i'll work on this week. I also installed my exhaust system. SICK!! but there is a exhaust leak I think coming from the headers. Easy to fix.

heres a pic of the MC installed
MC2.jpg

DRAINED the old "DEATH" black oil and put fresh oil.

Also did the brakes, bleed them all.

my dad doing some last minute adjustments for the cooling lines.
PREP1.jpg

Since we didn't have the Del Sol rad hoses on hand. We used the metal zip ties with the bolt that tightens the strap...you know what i'm talking about just can't think of the name of the thing.

And here is the Rad
RAD.jpg

here it is installed and being filled up with antifreeze

RADFILL.jpg

I'm really concearned if the Rad is gonna have any issues with the hood. I haven't put the hood on yet but I want to make sure that there will not be any CLEARANCE ISSUES!!!

ALSO I'M GONNA MAKE IT MY MISSION TO UPLOAD A VIDEO OF THE ENGINE RUNNING AND THE EXHAUST! FYI....The cat has no restriction!!!

that rad does look kinda high...

but

it also looks beautiful and I can't wait to see the videos

7/30 UPDATE
ALSO I'M GONNA MAKE IT MY MISSION TO UPLOAD A VIDEO OF THE ENGINE RUNNING AND THE EXHAUST! FYI....The cat has no restriction!!!

who needs restriction, or a cat anyway? :)

nice thread... im really glad im not the only one that went through hell to change the DPFI to MPFI, i havent tackled a B16 swap yet.. (im going to boost the D-series)
but you did good man congrats and hope your busy driving and cant post right now lol

UPDATE 8/26

Hey everyone!! For those of you who have not FORGOTTEN about this thread let me just give you guys my situation.

I had some leakage problems with the brake lines and I took care of that.
(just needed to tighten the lines)

I was gonna try to do the VERY FIRST test drive on the car. The car had no hood, no doors, and i had to use a milk crate for a seat.

As i was trying to put the car in reverse I hear a spine tingling grinding noise *GGRGRRRGGGG**.

So I didn't even get the car out into the street before running into a problem.
Which i found out that I had torn the CV boot and the plates from the axle were knocked out!

Nothing really serious, just i have to buy a new CV boot and check to see if the axle was pulled out to far which would be the reason why the CV boot tore!

I post a pic of that VERY SOON!

I also found out that the radiator that I bought was for a 94 Del-Sol and won't fit into the engine bay.

I have seen alot of other guys post pics of their swaps and used a slim radiator which looks OEM but wanted to know what car that radiator is off of?

A 99 Civic Si, 93 ITR? Any help with this would help me finish my project!!!

Slim? You mean half-width? That's the 92-95 Civic radiator, and the high capacity one is the one from the del Sol VTEC. It's a dual-core half-width that copes very well with high heat loads.

thread jacking = bad, ask your questions about your own stuff in your own thread
but I would say use either the 92-95 one, unless your using a small turbo, then your stock one should fit

UPDATE 8/26

Hey everyone!! For those of you who have not FORGOTTEN about this thread let me just give you guys my situation.

sorry sorry. all i do is sign on and check my subscribed threads. if it dont pop up then i wont remember, hell, i dont remember my gf's name half the time.:ph34r:

sorry sorry. all i do is sign on and check my subscribed threads. if it dont pop up then i wont remember, hell, i dont remember my gf's name half the time.:ph34r:

so when you guys are doin the you know what do you stutter when you say her name?:eek:

so when you guys are doin the you know what do you stutter when you say her name?:eek:

lmao. no, i just dont say anything. and i call her sweetheart all the time so theres no fuck up. accidentaly called her by an ex's name once (not during "you know what:sex. we're adults, we can say that.) but she still wasnt happy.

I did that one time, completely out of habbit, got out of a long relationship and when I was in with someone else, out of habbit I said my ex's name and that'd didn't score me any points with her :( lol

9/28 Update

Sorry for the late update but i've been looking for a new job and that has been taking up alot of my free time.

So here is the picture of the CV boot aftermath and I took a pic of the new CV boot but I lost that...

photo.jpg

So i cleaned that up and then I continued to work!!

I bought a 93 del sol VTEC radiator and the thing would not clear the hood!!

489c0d4f.jpg

FYI: I really just want to go with a T3/T4 turbo and make sure that it doesn't rub against my radiator! I also plan on taking out the A/C, This car is basicly a week-end ONLY car and I can deal with out A/C....I did it in Iraq inside a Hummer I can do it in a Honda!!!

Sooo.... In the mean time i'm using my old radiator which is in really good shape and doesn't have any leaks!!
0e45de0f.jpg

1f750ece.jpg

I know it looks lop sided but i'm using the stock radiator mount on the driver side and the traction bar rad mount on the passenger side!

FYI: my thought was to buy two 14" fans and use then as pushers and keep my old rad and just mount the fans between the condenser and the radiator!

And this past week I painted all my vinyl shit.....

BEFORE
3e09cc6a.jpg

AFTER
17b4a2e0.jpg

be2b7278.jpg

Heres a look from underneath.... I hope i put the traction bar on correctly!!
I just want to make sure I have enough space between the engine block and the radiator for a turbo!!

ANDREW!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:(i'm getting frustrated with the radiator thing)

I really would like your opinion and advice!

So in the mean time i'll be prepping the body kit this weekend and leaving the radiator shit for later!

Laterz!!

AND I'M NOT SAYING THAT ANYONE ELSE'S OPINIONS ARE NOT AS IMPORTANT BUT I JUST BEEN READING UP ON ANDREWS THREAD AND I RESPECT ANDREW AS AN ENTHUSIAST, HE'S BEEN GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING AS ME....

Except for the the whole turning to the right and shaking! I drove my car and it didn't do that!

Last edited:
Back