My driveway FTL!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i hate jacking lowered cars..my crx i have to use a jack to get it up enough to put te heavier duty jack under..its just a bitch

having to use only two jacks and hating it?

wahhhh

try doing what I just said I have to do lol. it's a PITA.

Ya i have that issue with some of the arm lifts, usually you have to lift the fenders a bit to get it under.

Thats creative. I'm glad you found a way. it'd probably still be sitting on a jack if i did it.
As far as airbags go, I wouldn't do it. I have an s10 on bags, and the suspension sometimes sways randomly, unless you could rig a way where they could just raise your car coming home and leaving, then simply rely on the springs and shocks. Still to consider, that's a lot of extra weight if you do it right. You'd need:
4 Air ride suspension bags,
1 or 2 air compressors,
A decent sized tank,
All fittings and hoses required,
not to mention a control panel,
a pressure sensor,
and all the wiring required.

thats what air shocks are for... simply to raise and lower the vehicle

It must be a maryland thing to have a shitty driveway.

Every time I back out of my driveway since reading this thread (Keep in mind I've only been in this house since OCT 26) I thought "Wow, I'm glad my driveway isn't that bad." Until yesterday when I scraped the front of our STOCK HONDA CIVIC.

This civic is completely stock in every way, except for some bosch plugs, and a k&n. Stock height tires, stock magloy rims, etc. I scraped it getting off the driveway. Now Jeffie has me thinking......

I'm going to play around a bit in Inventor and see what I can figure out.

Here's what I'm up against, I think Jeffie got the better deal, heh. That's a 19mm 3/4"-drive socket.

EDIT: Yes, it's not even level with the road. I just realized that from trying to correct the horizon in the photos.....

Attachments

• 20081103-DSC_0001.jpg
    20081103-DSC_0001.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 82
  • 20081103-DSC_0002.jpg
    20081103-DSC_0002.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Geez, that's a crappy driveway.

i see euro plates .. did you have a Civic shipped over here?

That's my dad's civic, or since he's in Kuwait, the family car. It got shipped, and I haven't gotten around to going to the DMV and paying the stupid 2.5k car tax. The plates are good until March, so it may take that long.

<rant>
Although, with those plates, everyone wants to talk to me about "Driving the Autobahn." News: Autobahn is just the German word for 'Highway', so when you ask "Did you drive the Autobahn?" it's like asking "Did you drive the Interstate?". </rant>

My civic couldn't be shipped, since it's European spec. I cry myself to sleep every night about it. But, it'll be waiting for me patiently.

I don't think its a Maryland thing, I see those types of driveways all over, its mostly found at townhouses. Pretty rare with single family homes unless its a newer planed community.

heres how to go over speed bumps:

slow and at an angle. if you go over one like that, you wont rub (as much).

i still say you should get the air ride for it for strictly height adjustment....

heres how to go over speed bumps:

slow and at an angle. if you go over one like that, you wont rub (as much).

i still say you should get the air ride for it for strictly height adjustment....

My car has no way in hell of making it over speed bumps unless they're the very long speed humps. No matter how I hit a speed bump, my body would drag. Before going as low as I am now and before the body kit, I would still scrap speed bumps even when hitting them at an angle, add another 1.5-2" worth of a drop and yeah... no way in hell.

I've yet to see anything good about the air ride, it sounds great for show cars but the last thing I want to do is make it so the car wont handle as well. Keep in mind my car should be pulling 1+ G in turns.

My car has no way in hell of making it over speed bumps unless they're the very long speed humps. No matter how I hit a speed bump, my body would drag. Before going as low as I am now and before the body kit, I would still scrap speed bumps even when hitting them at an angle, add another 1.5-2" worth of a drop and yeah... no way in hell.

I've yet to see anything good about the air ride, it sounds great for show cars but the last thing I want to do is make it so the car wont handle as well. Keep in mind my car should be pulling 1+ G in turns.

Are you going to track your car at all? Or just have fun on the street?

Back