1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My HP Jornada 820 (now dead)

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by Z6CRX, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Z6CRX

Z6CRX übber ɐɾuıu etarip

Anyone have a use for some spare parts for one?

I cracked some more of the plastics from the cases to find out if i could replace whatever went up in smoke, and it was reeked of burning plastic.

I was just sitting across the room with it plugged in charging. It was not for a while. When it died it triggered my surge protector and turned everything off. It sounded like somebody drop kicked it. I figured at this point I'm not taking the time to revive it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CB450

CB450 New Member

do you have the power adapter for the Jornada? ( did it blow up too ? ) If its still working, what would you want for it ?
    Thanks

3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

maybe look into a netbook and an external DVDRW drive?

4. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

My vote goes towards a netbook as well.

5. Z6CRX

Z6CRX übber ɐɾuıu etarip

I still have the adapter, I just have to find out where it is, and I will double check if it works. All my stuff is packed up in moving. If it works, its yours, just pay for the shipping.

I'm looking at gettinga netbook later when i get everything settled. Probably an Aspire One unless solid sate memory gets really cheap.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted