My LS turbo buildup part ?'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

I have a stock 1995 Integra LS. This spring I would like to add a turbo system. I have some goals in mind. Could someone tell me if they are possible and what level of parts I would be looking at.

Goals

1. Keep the engine stockish
2. Have a full interior w/ power steering; a/c is already gone (that makes me go faster)
3. Run mid 13's on the 1/4 mile with DOT tires
4. Not neccessary but I would my turbo to kick in at about 2500 - 3000 rpms

Like I said it depends on the condition of your motor.
Leaking, Burning oil/water motor is not going to be turbo worthy. Sure it will work for a while but it create more stress on the motor and you're not going to be keeping it much longer if you don't address the known problems first.

Your goals are very obtainable.

im starting a build with goals about the same as yours.

If you dont want to buy a kit for way to much money and end up spending a lot more because they didnt give you everything, Id check out Homemadeturbo.com

Also a good turbo for your engine and the goals you want is the T3 Super 60. It spools nice and quick, and will provide plenty for your goals. Do some research and you can come up with a good setup. Good luck

We have done numerous Turbo Kits on stock LS's.. All of ours have Dyno'd between 250-280whp..

And all have run Low 13's with real strong Trap speeds.. Our problem is the people that have done them can't drive worth dook.. I have beaten alot of them on the street..

Here is the one we just finished and final numbers are 258.1 whp and 198.9 ft/lb Torque. These runs were done with 8psi. And done on a very conservative Mustang Dyno..

Here is a picture of the car. This car has yet to go to the track..

DSC05381.sized.jpg

what are ya'll using for fuel management. I used the AFC hack on my last set up and made 253 hp at 8 psi if I remember correctly.

Well, I have no idea how to do uberdata. I'm Electronically illiterate, how much would you charge to make me a chip or whatever it is if I told you my setup and shit, I don't know where you guys are located but if it isn't too far I can stop by when I'm done so you guys could make one for me the right way.

I know, you can't give me a perfect one and tuned specifically for me if I can't get the car to you but it will still be much better than what I can do without any knowledge whatsoever on this or useing the shitty FMU or AFC shit.

Vafc Hacks work Ok.. We have had luck with them when trying to run the 450's.. But is only a temp. fix and doesn't really allow you to do much with the tuning.. Uberdata is great.. You should be able to find a shop up there that is willing and able to do the uberdata setup on your car.. It should be pretty cheap to do as long as your motor is OBD1 right now.. If it is then your golden.. If not you can get those conversion harness to fix that.. Which I am in the process of doing right now.

But to me Uberdata for the money is the way to go.. If ya have the cash Hondata is sweet alogn with others but if building the car on a budget nothing beats uberdata.. We have run many cars off of it and have experienced 0 problems with it..

If you do need someone to chip your ECU for you I am sure many on here closer to you can do it but its tough for us to get a good program and map without actually doing it on the dyno so you can see if you are actually helping or hurting the car.

thats what i thought, but then i had an inkling maybe your some sort of super geniotic-hypno-mind and car reading tuners. O well, I know you guys have had plenty of sucess thats why I wanted you guys to do it.

But I'll find someone here if I go the uberdata/hondata route.

But if you did need someone to chip the ECU to get it prepped for Uberdata I can do that.. But I would just figure someone where you live would be able to do so. But I have all the stuff here if ya need it done if ya need be.. You can ship to me I can chip it then send it back to you ready to tune with a Romulator and a laptop.. So if all else fails and need someone to chip it I can.. PM me if ya need it done, we have done many around here..

Cool. Its good to hear my goals are resonable. As far as driving skills go, my mommy always says that practice makes perfect. I have done a lot of searching and research so I am just about ready to plan out my build. As far as fuel management I am either going to uberdata or MYSTERY BOX X. My friend says he has a system that will actually reprogram an existing ecu so in the spring I am going to check that out since its free :). A few more questions

1. What size turbo / trim should I look for?
2. What size intercooler do I need and where can I get it cheap?
3. When do you need to use a missing link?

A couple of people around here are Running the Johnny Racecar intercooler's and have had decent luck with them.. Seems like not a bad intercooler for the price.

Thanks hcivic for the link, I know you don't need to use a check valve with a stand alone EMS. When does it become necessary to hide boost levels from the map sensor. I am looking at a t3 super 60 at the moment running around 7 psi

Alright I am looking for a little more info from the turbo exp. people. I want my b18b to start spooling around 2500 and go from there. I want to hit high to mid 13's on dot performance tires.(aziens or something). I am going ot have a stockish build

- What size turbo should I get? I need to know the specs you recommend so I can search for it.

azeni's are the WORST tire to drag on. period.

stiff sidewalls + haevy as fuck = worst tire ever for drag.

not bashing them here- cuz i have 2 sets myself-- but that is NOT their purpose. it's like taking a 10-speed in the woods

if you want spool by 2500, buy a v8. its not going to happen on a honda that will actually make any power up top.
3500 ish is about where moderately small turbos will start to break the 1-3 psi area...

i'd lookin into an 18g or a Garret disco potato if you got the cash for it.

Back