My own Breakfast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yep. goes to show, you don't have to have a fancy name to drop some knowledge.

Chew on this: http://economics.uchicago.edu/pdf/Prostitution%205.pdf

And the short form... The Economics Of Prostitution, Analyzed, Researchers Study Chicago Prostitutes; Social Workers Dispute Preliminary Findings - CBS News

In my eco class this semester, the professor was recounting how at a certain school's MBA program, one of the professors brings in a high end prostitute to discuss the economics of prostitution. During one of her talks her phone rang and she said it was a client. The professor asked why she didn't take the call and if she got excited about making money when the phone rang. She said she did not. The professor then recommended that she raise her rates. She did.

Last edited:
That's because the phone was actually her pimp waiting for her ho ass in the parking lot.

Prostitution isn't a career, nor should any economy lessons be learned from it.

Long time ago there was a special on HBO about hookers and pimps. One pimp wrapped up prostitution economics:

"Bitches want a percent, I had dis bitch wanned a percent - so she got her ass in jail. I went to da jail and said 'i only pay twenny percent da bail, ho' sheeit bitches want percent? I get one hundred mothafuckin' percent, ho"

pimps buy shit for the women, but they don't get any control or pay. Fuck that.

If you people aren't giving Klyph rep for every post he / it makes, then you're wasting the entire Rep function.

Prostitution isn't a career, nor should any economy lessons be learned from it.

Sometimes you should think before you type. First of all, if a group of respected economists managed to piece together a large work detailing the economics of prostitution, then apparently there are some lessons. Second, economics doesn't refer to broad soap-boxing topics like GDP, balance of trade, etc. We're talking good old fashioned basic supply and demand; the economics of personal choice. There are lessons in economics to be learned from whether or not you shower in the morning, which route you take to get to work, and how many times a day you fuck your girlfriend. Everything has a cost and a benefit tied to it. For example, the first time you fuck your girlfriend, you will most likely realize the greatest benefit. Each successive time, the benefit will decrease as you become more tired, begin neglecting other important daily duties, and start getting bored with plowing the same puss for 18 hours straight. The worst case scenario, you stay home and fuck your girlfriend all day every day and never go to work. You will not make rent, or car payments. Your health will suffer. Don't get me wrong. I wish I could stay home and fuck my girlfriend all day too. But, there are costs associated with such actions. If these girls are engaged in prostitution, then clearly they realize some sort of benefit from their actions. They are most likely uneducated so their career choices are limited. They probably make more than the $7 and hour they would working in retail or fast food. They accept the problems that come with the job for the pay of the job, still valuing prostitution more than gainful, legal employment. Now, if you examine the differences between a high end Vegas girl and some Detroit crack-whore, the dynamics will change substantially. And the girl in the class room was high end, and had no pimp.

She had a pimp.

She's a fucking cum dumpster for hire. Her bonus comes from sticking things up her twat for a couple of bucks. Severe damage will put her in retirement in a short time.

as far as thinking before I type, I've been "thinking before I type" since you were toilet training. I didn't JUST come up with this shit when you presented it to me, I have a life and I've lived more lives than most. I can run corners around the basic, and mostly incorrect, economics taught at the College level (Why do all college students think that THEY'RE education is the best thing in the world ? ) and I can tell you, without a doubt, that this hooker has NO economics thoughts or suggestions, and she (as the students she teaches) are ignorant as all fuck.

She takes money to put things up her twidget. I don't care how much she does it for, doesn't matter. This is not economics, this is desperation. And tell your professor that Celerity said he's a fucktard.

You are in this class so that you can understand what economists tell you - You are NOT there so that you can too can become an economist. A LOT more than classes are involved in becoming a pro in any collegiate field. Science, Statistics, Psychology, etc. They are all taught so that you can keep up with the big boys in a conversation. There are NOT taught so that you may offer suggestion or correction over the big boys. And this is the downfall of college students, and the brick wall BANG they hit when they graduate. You degree is worth the paper it's written on, it plus 2 dollars will buy you a coffee. What you choose to do AFTER that education is what makes your opinion and advice count.

You've got great opinions and I like talking to you - and text doesn't always let that come through. Please don't think I'm attacking you, and then counterattack instinctively.

You are in this class so that you can understand what economists tell you - You are NOT there so that you can too can become an economist. A LOT more than classes are involved in becoming a pro in any collegiate field. Science, Statistics, Psychology, etc. They are all taught so that you can keep up with the big boys in a conversation. There are NOT taught so that you may offer suggestion or correction over the big boys. And this is the downfall of college students, and the brick wall BANG they hit when they graduate. You degree is worth the paper it's written on, it plus 2 dollars will buy you a coffee. What you choose to do AFTER that education is what makes your opinion and advice count.

You've got great opinions and I like talking to you - and text doesn't always let that come through. Please don't think I'm attacking you, and then counterattack instinctively.

I won't and I don't think you are attacking me. I too enjoy posting with you. I do not think I am an economist. I was merely reacting to your statement that there are no economic lessons to be learned from prostitution. There are in fact many. Yes they are whores. But drug dealers are pieces of shit as well, and there are many things to be learned about the dynamics of capitalism from them. I have only taken eco courses at two schools so I can not speak for any others. I am not trying to be condescending when I post. As far as big boys and whatnot, most of the economists that you see spouting off on CNN etc. are douche bags with an agenda (liberal). I love economics because economic truth makes sense and the results can not be refuted. And please do not lump me in with the majority of mindless twats that are pumped out of degree factories. I am no Harvard MBA but I do take all things into account and do not take anything from any class as infallible doctrine. I know my place. Do I really sound like one of those people who just left Econ 101 with some great new and untamed thought?

She had a pimp.

She's a fucking cum dumpster for hire. Her bonus comes from sticking things up her twat for a couple of bucks. Severe damage will put her in retirement in a short time.

as far as thinking before I type, I've been "thinking before I type" since you were toilet training. I didn't JUST come up with this shit when you presented it to me, I have a life and I've lived more lives than most. I can run corners around the basic, and mostly incorrect, economics taught at the College level (Why do all college students think that THEY'RE education is the best thing in the world ? ) and I can tell you, without a doubt, that this hooker has NO economics thoughts or suggestions, and she (as the students she teaches) are ignorant as all fuck.

She takes money to put things up her twidget. I don't care how much she does it for, doesn't matter. This is not economics, this is desperation. And tell your professor that Celerity said he's a fucktard.

She doesn't teach a class. She is a guest speaker in a class dealing with the economics of crime. This class is not at my school. I do not think my education is the best. The previous comment about hookers being cheaper than being married spurred my reply. That comment itself demonstrates that their are economic considerations. Minimum wage increases, taxation increases, unnecessary governmental intervention, and so many other factors all create an incentive for crime. I could write a brief essay if you'd like..?

Do I really sound like one of those people who just left Econ 101 with some great new and untamed thought?

That one post back there did. We agree to disagree on this one - But the arguments of how much money women cost and how much money men can provide are utter horseshit, from the get go.

the cheapest living in the world is being a hermit with a job. I know lots of these people, and they are one staticy cable channel away from eating a bullet.

When you interact with people in today's world, money exchanges hands. If you feel it's necessary or worthwhile to spend more money than others on your interactions, then it gets expensive.

The parallels between hookers and marriage are apples and oranges. It's not a comparison, it's trendy rhetoric. The two are nothing alike.

Marriage and interpersonal relationships are NOT an economy, in their romantic essence. When it comes to married couples getting more taxes back, etc etc then it starts to have numbers attached - and economy is formed. I used to routinely hand my girlfriend $1000 just to help her with whatever she needed - but it wasn't a payment for sexual relations. God knows it wasn't for that.

That one post back there did. We agree to disagree on this one - But the arguments of how much money women cost and how much money men can provide are utter horseshit, from the get go.

the cheapest living in the world is being a hermit with a job. I know lots of these people, and they are one staticy cable channel away from eating a bullet.

When you interact with people in today's world, money exchanges hands. If you feel it's necessary or worthwhile to spend more money than others on your interactions, then it gets expensive.

The parallels between hookers and marriage are apples and oranges. It's not a comparison, it's trendy rhetoric. The two are nothing alike.

Marriage and interpersonal relationships are NOT an economy, in their romantic essence. When it comes to married couples getting more taxes back, etc etc then it starts to have numbers attached - and economy is formed. I used to routinely hand my girlfriend $1000 just to help her with whatever she needed - but it wasn't a payment for sexual relations. God knows it wasn't for that.

Costs and benefits are often accrued and expressed in non-monetary terms.

In certain situations. It's the job of a project manager (of which I'm recently trained, about 7 years experienced) to give dollar figures to abject concepts and events. Risk analysts, among others, are also trained in doing so.

To put a dollar amount, or any number, on life experiences is unfair at least. But I'm being subjective.

You're absolutely correct: Costs and benefits are expressed in non-monetary terms. But for there to be a taught science, in an economics class setting, there MUST be quantitive values. Bringing in this hooker to discuss a portion of her life, while ignoring the whole "I'll put the handle of a snowblower up my love canal for a few bucks" dynamic is VERY unfair to the students of the class, who came to learn how to quantify such things by assigning figures and tangible values to them.

This type of philosophy, pushed by the economics professor, is right on track with "We won't drill ANWAR because it feels wrong". Most liberal items on the menu are based on this sort of feel-good economics. The Hooker was a poor example at best, poor taste at face value, and potentially destructive to the future of American economy at worst.

Subjecting students to opinion and loose-formed ape shit, concealed as legitimate lessons, is the style of the new Professor. I was exposed to this drivel for 2 years at Yale on the faculty side. I've been in more public fights with more published and famous professors than I can describe. (As a sidenote: The sexual harassment policy at Yale was formed and taught by one of Bill Clinton's lawyers, I attended the class because it was required of managers, and I walked out - making sure to give her the bird when I got to the front of the auditorium)

Goth girl.... Ah... Goth girl.

She's an interesting cat. Oh and she's 19.

Luckily, since I've lived quite a life, I was into, and out of, the things that she's into. Metal, horror movies, ghost stories and the like. Her heros on "Ghost Hunters" are personal friends of mine. I do psychic recordings, haunted houses, items and photography.

Last edited:
Back