napster doenst work with ipods....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

A friend of mine and i were talking about those subscription music download services like napster to go. All of them (napster, sony, realplayer, etc) say they dont work with ipods. From what i can see is that all the songs you download are in .wma format. what if you download a .wma -> .mp3 converter, and covert all your songs and put them on your ipod that way? WOuld that work? we are arguing over if it will work and shit.

any ideas?

depends if it's encrypted or not. even iTunes comes in m4a format... ehich can't be burned to mp3, only to cda.
you can get by it, but its a pain in the ass.

DL song
burn mp4 to a cda (normal 12-20 track cd)
rip cd with a ripper into mp3 format

i dont see why not. i use a free program audacity and get with lame.dll mp3 encoder. its a pretty straight foward program.

then napster says you need their subscription service to have access to the songs you downloaded... wtf. So im assuming they are incripted somehow to recognize that. Oh well, i think he said he is gonna try it out anyways...

Download Napster.
Download a few songs.
Covert .wma to .mp3
copy to cd
rip cd to new folder
hopefully have iPod friendly songs...

can the ipod play anything but mp3 files? no wma or wavs??

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 16 2005, 04:06 AM
depends if it's encrypted or not. even iTunes comes in m4a format... ehich can't be burned to mp3, only to cda.
you can get by it, but its a pain in the ass.

DL song
burn mp4 to a cda (normal 12-20 track cd)
rip cd with a ripper into mp3 format
[post=555267]Quoted post[/post]​

You can easily convert M4A to MP3, I do it all the time, since now a lot of people are using it, I get a lot of then in Limewire.

ImToo Audio Converter :)

Back