Neebie ? i know=( Best car to start with...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i love the station wagon idea!!! talk about a sleeper with the GSR engine pushing about 625 to the wheel...haha... BTW im not blowing smoke up my ass i know what i need to do for that much hp and how to control it i've had high performance car's before-btw

You would put an h22 in the accord. It is cheaper, way faster than a gsr and you dont need to replace the tranny.

and since im single right now... Hence no wifey any more...haha I can't go out in that... i mean with my boys ya because of how fast it would be i can't pick up a girl on a date with that next question is when your mom needs her car back...haha

and since im single right now... Hence no wifey any more...haha I can't go out in that... i mean with my boys ya because of how fast it would be i can't pick up a girl on a date with that next question is when your mom needs her car back...haha

I guess then if you really car what others think of you.

im from LA that's what also matters. Hence why im not buying a metro and droping a gst engine in there like my friend did

Ya thats why i wanted to know which outa the 3 i mention should i get... There's also a rex here with the gs-t engine in it=( i just cant bring my self to get that one because it'll bring back to many memories working on that engine=(

Get the del sol it's frickin sweet. And the b18c will swap right in, no cutting and all that bullshit.

So with the Del Small(my personal favorite outa the 3) i dont have to do anything for the Tranny to fit in though? Thats my biggest worry... Plus if i get that del sol the back will look like a supra( know a body shop that can do this) and found an Evo 3 front end for it... So from back its a supra front its an Evo...haha... its confused!!!

Nah no issues with the fit, the Del Sol vtec came with a B16a2, and all the B-series engines are the same fit other than the older prelude ones I believe.

That's one good thing about the 92-95 Civic/Del Sol, all D- and B-series swaps are direct bolt-ins but the B-series requires the shift linkage and mounts and all that.

Sorry im retarded when it comes to honda swaps never had even a honda before... So pretty much if i just find a Del Small with a B-Series engine i wouldn't have to worry about when i drop the B-18C in there the tranny would just pop in since its the same type of motor?

Yea you could even use the b16 tranny and not buy the gsr tranny if you wanted to save.

But even a D-series Del Sol would do, you just gotta get the motor, tranny, ecu, shift linkage, axels, mounts, that could be it I'm not sure.

Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com
If you buy from them, they sell the entire conversion package includes everything you need to swap a B-series engine into a D-series car. Or if you already have the B-series Del Sol, then you could just order the GSR swap without the extras which includes the engine, tranny, and ecu.

And yes, the B-series will bolt right into the bay of a Del Sol that came with a D-series only difference is axels, mounts, and linkage but it does all fit. The main difference really between D and B series engines is just that B-series and the rest have dual overhead cams, while D's are single overhead cam. D-series engines are also really low displacement engines at 1.5-1.6 liters while the rest are at least 1.8 liters. I think I've heard of a rare "Integra XSi" B17 engine with a 1.7 liter displacement that puts out pretty much the same power.

Last edited:
Oh ok... ya that axle will be swaped!!! Saddly i heard from Driveshaftshop.com that the axle i want that would hold the hp i need is going to cost... get this... 1800!!! and i still got the email to prove it!!! haha

Haha, not the cheapest. You see they're charging $3,000 for JUST the engine/tranny/ecu, then hundreds on top of that for the rest of the required parts to swap it into a del sol.

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc2000search.cgi?what=page&item=30009

They offer the entire conversion package, for $2,999 plus shipping with optional LSD for an extra $350. That's where I bought my jdm d15b sohc Vtec. Shipping was only $180 to Texas.
I paid total $1,049 shipped for my engine, tranny, and ecu shipped.

And just how much hp are you looking to make?

To be honest im looking for around 6 for an dd car, then upwords of 675 for the track... Yes i know its alot, and will take alot im not stupid. The axle though that i asked about will hold 8... I know thats over kill but i rather know its over kill and last for when ever i do thats why.

-edit sorry... Is that the same engine... The GSR V-Tec... Only reason why i also want the V-Tec is i heard you can control when that kicks in( if im wrong im sorry like i said i dont know hondas) thus to take away from turbo lag id have if any.

Damn straight that's gonna take a lot.

Shit I'd rather just buy a 240sx S14 and swap in an RB26 TT from a Skyline and turn up the boost since it makes over 300hp 300ft lbs stock and on a stock block would handle over 500 hp, and an RB26 engine swap costs less than a Type R which makes like barely 2/3 the power and stock can only hold around 350hp.

Ya thats my point you talk that kind of numbers people say that not a del small ;) plus to be honest i dont like the feel of racing with a rwd car i love fwd... I'm weird i know

Actually, I don't think it'd cost thaaat much. It's really basically just build up internals, build a turbo kit, engine management, tune it, and upgrade ignition, suspension, brakes, tires, etc. probably like $10,000 which isn't much when you consider the fact that it should push 600 hp and run 10's.

About daily driving it, trust me, a frickin 600hp del sol is NOT gonna be street legal. There's no way you can drive a 600 hp del sol all day, you'd have to get a street tune and a race tune and store them, so when you're on the streets you just keep it on your 200-250 hp or so street tune, then when it's race day, switch over to the higher setting.

See that's where my smartness about becoming legal comes in... I get it smoged and everything before i do the mods... Thus its "legal" and since im now in AZ im able to run a turbo kit with no problems. i had 500hp in my gsx and had no problem in it even with LA traffic. And plus if i get a del sol which is looking more likely no way would i ever sell it if i go homeless ima sleep in that being its my dream car...haha. It'll look legal all that would seem if a cop pulls me over is a turbo kit, he wouldn't know better.

Back