Need Help--Crx w/ b16a bogging at idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mrme

need some advice on what might be the problem.. have a 90 crx hf w/ a jdm b16a...starts up, but when u step on it, it bogs untill like 2500k, sumtimes up till 4k. when its cold, it dont bog till its alittle warm... dont know what could be going bad..any help is great!!! :D

you're probably right. hook it up right, and it will work like it's supposed to. 2 sensors, two wires. and make sure both sensors are going to the right pins, and that they're not backwards.

if the cam-crank timing is off by a tooth will it cause this problem??? and wiill it cause it to back fire through the intake??

and for the o2's does it matter b/c they are the exact same o2(same part #) one wire also.

it does not matter what o2 sensor is in what spot. it DOES matter that you have the wires going to the right pins on the ecu and going to the correct o2 sensor. you can switch the o2 sensors, but you have to keep the wires in the same location. see what i'm saying? each wire reads the ratio for either 1&4, or 2&3. so, if you have the wires backwards, the ecu will be tricked into thinking it needs to adjust a set, and it'll end up adjusting the other set. so, it is important that you have everything going to the right set from the pins on the ecu all the way to the sensors being in the right spot! they are the same sensors, and you CAN switch them, but your wires need to still be going to the correct set of cylinders.

your welcome. i went through something similar myself(hence the reference post).
if you still for some reason have the problem, be sure to let us know.

yep still got same problem..o2 are in correct spot, gonna redo the cam/crank timing, i think tats off a tooth.....also its back firing frm the intake(loud poping noise)...will let u guys know when i find out mo info thanks :D

Back