Need some help with shaved gas door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i pay 2.00 for 89....when its cheaper at gas stations i get it there but when it shot up a few weeks ago to 2.20 i was still getting it for 2.00 at work

wow you guys pay alot for gas 93 in ct is like 2.20ish cheap shit is like 1.98

as far as the door relocation id just find a nice bike gas tank door and use that. im goin to use my old 99 cbr one. lokks better than shaving and a huge pipe in your trunk
It would also look stupid when he opens the trunk or hatch.

Originally posted by Estorvito@May 8 2005, 08:05 AM
in NJ "Full-Serve" is a law

wow that sux'....

where the tail light is. :ufucktard:

I was just going to ask you the same question.....VTEC POWER asked the question before i did and (where the tail light is) was your answer...Now WHY IN LIVING HE** would you go and relocated your sh*t to the tail light?
WHat the he** are you thinking boy... You might aswell do it behind the liscense plate like the old cars... WHy dont you save that money andd get some, power into that engine or something..Turbo, nos, whatever but dont waste your money on that sh*t....You'll regret it...my .02

either way

Good luck :D :gayflag:
[post=496509]Quoted post[/post]​

how would that be a waste of money, wouldn't cost me more than 20 dollars to do shave my gas door? especially since i can do it in school where i can get all the material free, except the pipe to extend and the system i'm goign to use to hinge the tail light. hmmm whats all yall problem with custom work?

Originally posted by driver1@May 8 2005, 09:38 AM
as for being back on topic, ill just put another few cents worth in as to why this mod is still gay. When rerouting the filler hole ti would be nearly impossible to get it to head in a good downward angle and into the gas tank. Now tkink about how shitty gas nozzles will pump if they are not headed downward and the gas backs up on itself.....the nozzle will simply keep shutting itself off
[post=496526]Quoted post[/post]​

thats whay iwould do a custom filler tube. yall can't even say nothing good, and why does it gotta be rice if i wanna custom body? hmmm i'm shaveing everything, front doors, rear doors, antenna, gas door. and probably the trunk, and i may shave the top of the roof, the rain lines.

Something about putting a gas filler nozzle where a tail light is says... well... BOOOOOOOOOM (vapor + electrical) to me, but I guess its up to you.

he means the door handles

but theres nothing wrong with custom work.

door handles, moldings, antenna and even the trunk - ok show car, acceptable

but when you go and shave the gas door it's a little "too" custom...it's reducing functionablility just like shaving the door handles...it's going to be a complete pain in the ass to get in. And in the winter they WILL freeze. I had shved doorhandles and I'd never do it again.

Shaving the gutters are also reducing function....they are actually useful and after you do it you'll realize what I mean.

I advise against the gas door, everything else is acceptable. Not tasteful in my book though.

How old are you? Everyone wants to do this same gay shit when they are younger but then they grow out of it and realize it was a waste of money and then you want more horse power. Then you grow up even more and realize you were a complete idiot for dumping money into a Honda.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 8 2005, 06:32 PM
he means the door handles

but theres nothing wrong with custom work.

door handles, moldings, antenna and even the trunk - ok show car, acceptable

but when you go and shave the gas door it's a little "too" custom...it's reducing functionablility just like shaving the door handles...it's going to be a complete pain in the ass to get in. And in the winter they WILL freeze. I had shved doorhandles and I'd never do it again.

Shaving the gutters are also reducing function....they are actually useful and after you do it you'll realize what I mean.

I advise against the gas door, everything else is acceptable. Not tasteful in my book though.
[post=496690]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm not in NY anymore, i'm in texas, so i don't have to worry about winter.

Originally posted by swanny@May 8 2005, 06:42 PM
How old are you? Everyone wants to do this same gay shit when they are younger but then they grow out of it and realize it was a waste of money and then you want more horse power. Then you grow up even more and realize you were a complete idiot for dumping money into a Honda.
[post=496696]Quoted post[/post]​

and i'm 20 and i will always own a honda, until i die, no american crap for me sorry.

I can gaurantee you wont "always" own a honda.

But no matter what you do I still think you should go against that little F&F dude on your shoulder tells you to do and NOT shave the gas door.

Actually I tell you exactly what I did..

1st car - 79 Rabbit, Attempted to rice it

2nd Car- Dodge Caravan, Made the shit fast as hell

3rd Car - Saturn, Didn't last

4th Car - f-100, Wow, I beat the hell out of that truck...it was my pile of garbage to go fucka round with

5th Car - Saab, Just a DD, put a shitty little system in and and was done

6th Car - Saturn, Riced it the fuck out

7th Car - Civic, shaved moldings, handles and rear plate holder and
relocated it to the bumper...Swapped an LS, Turboed it, crashed

8th Car- Porsche 944, I kinda bout it in a box...put it together got it running ok, painted it then was about to start buying some SC parts when I uhmm cra....no it got stolen

9th Car- Civic, LST, shaved moldings (current)

10th Car- Prelude, DD beater, shitty ass system (current)

11th Car - Civic, Was going to get a fully built LSV-T. Then my sister jacked all my engine/turbo parts so I sold it

I know I'm missing some but you see the pattern.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 9 2005, 09:36 AM
Actually I tell you exactly what I did..

1st car - 79 Rabbit, Attempted to rice it

2nd Car- Dodge Caravan, Made the shit fast as hell

3rd Car - Saturn, Didn't last

4th Car - f-100, Wow, I beat the hell out of that truck...it was my pile of garbage to go fucka round with

5th Car - Saab, Just a DD, put a shitty little system in and and was done

6th Car - Saturn, Riced it the fuck out

7th Car - Civic, shaved moldings, handles and rear plate holder and
relocated it to the bumper...Swapped an LS, Turboed it, crashed

8th Car- Porsche 944, I kinda bout it in a box...put it together got it running ok, painted it then was about to start buying some SC parts when I uhmm cra....no it got stolen

9th Car- Civic, LST, shaved moldings (current)

10th Car- Prelude, DD beater, shitty ass system (current)

11th Car - Civic, Was going to get a fully built LSV-T. Then my sister jacked all my engine/turbo parts so I sold it

I know I'm missing some but you see the pattern.
[post=496927]Quoted post[/post]​

Are you fucking serious right there???? if so thatssome fucked up shit

completely serious....she stole more than 2.5k worth of parts....then moved to NY.

I just left her alone....Since I've spent some time in jail I'm not going to put it on her too. It's was just material things, i got over the money I spent. I just don't associate with ehr anymore.

He could re-route it so that it goes into the back seat, so then you just get the nozzle and climb through your car and fill it up but pass out on fumes and spill gas all over your car.

The best thing to do would be to leave it where it is, or if you really feel it necessary, make a custom hatch that fits the hole so perferctly, that when closed, you cannot tell that it is there and then get a switch in the front that will pop it open when you stop. but taking it back to the tail light isn't cool unless you are driving a 1957 chevy pickup..

Originally posted by Lantis@May 12 2005, 04:00 AM
He could re-route it so that it goes into the back seat, so then you just get the nozzle and climb through your car and fill it up but pass out on fumes and spill gas all over your car.

The best thing to do would be to leave it where it is, or if you really feel it necessary, make a custom hatch that fits the hole so perferctly, that when closed, you cannot tell that it is there and then get a switch in the front that will pop it open when you stop. but taking it back to the tail light isn't cool unless you are driving a 1957 chevy pickup..
[post=498249]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:

Originally posted by driver1+May 12 2005, 07:45 AM-->
@May 12 2005, 04:00 AM

[post=498249]Quoted post[/post]​

:blink:
[post=498273]Quoted post[/post]​

what?

Actually thats still not a good idea...

Why? Because it will still allow fumes into the car. It'd have to be sealed REALLY well, and the gas would still end up spilling inside the car.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@May 12 2005, 05:02 PM
Actually thats still not a good idea...

Why? Because it will still allow fumes into the car. It'd have to be sealed REALLY well, and the gas would still end up spilling inside the car.
[post=498543]Quoted post[/post]​

that was the point, I was being sarcastic about putting it inside the car.

Back