New Car Soon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Don't....get....a .....Saab. My roomate has a 96 (00 SE Turbo, and its one of the most dissapointing cars ever.

Get a 4-door 3 series, or even look at getting a used like GS300 or LS430. Ballin'!

im open to suggestions, give me some ideas. im looking for something that is 4-door, slightly luxury, preferably turbo, good-looking, newer, and my price limit is around $13k

also i know i left this kinda vague but im just fishing for ideas right now cause like i said, i won't be getting one until school is over

Last edited:
im open to suggestions, give me some ideas. im looking for something that is 4-door, slightly luxury, preferably turbo, good-looking, newer, and my price limit is around $13k
my vote is still M3

I love these types of requests...

"Steve, I need to you out for a car for me.."

"Oh yeah? What do you want?"

"I want something below $5000"

"Ok, well enough. I know lots"

"It's gotta be a 4 door."
"Ok"
"And it's gotta have a good body, no dents or rust"
"um.. Ok"
"And 5 speed"
"Sure"
"And all wheel drive"
"uh huh"
"And turbo"
"Yeah.. uh, listen..."
"Something in black with leather and airconditioning"
"For $5000?"
"Yeah"

Then I show them something and it might not have .. like... power windows and I get: "No power windows? Does it have a stereo at least?"
"Maybe. Radios cost like $100"
"OH.. well thanks for looking"

Now the conversation goes alittle like this:

"Hey Steve, I'm looking for a car..."
"Lemme know how that works out"

im not asking you guys to pick the car out for me, i'm just undecided and i was wanting some ideas on what kinda car falls into the categories i have. ive been driving hondas for so long that i don't even know about other cars hardly.

General consensus is "STi". I hate those schiessewagens, but I'm alone in that. I owned a 2002 wagon. It was decent, but drank more premium fuel than Donald Trumps dad at a wedding.

I mean it was about similar to Ferrari Testarossa economy. And regardless of what these elitest pigs say, my Supra was dead-on par with the WRX as far as road performance (But got better fuel consumption)

The Saab is just mushy and bloated. And that's coming from a Supra owner.

The VW isn't a bad idea, it's safe, corners well, and is reliable, reasonable, and gets good gas mileage.

don't buy a vw. unless you want a headache of a car that doesn't hold shit for re-sale.

NO CAR should be viewed in it's resale. Cars are not, and only in a handful of them in the world are, investments. They are liabilities alone.

You buy what you drive, drive what you buy. If you think it's going to serve you "eight thousand dollars worth" of service, then go ahead.

You can't buy a car based on resale. Dude, last year 1980 Camaros were fetching 6000 without motors and rotted. They suddenly dropped and are back to their $800 range.

Meanwhile, have you really mapped out the Honda market lately ? They are on the up. And try buying a Subaru Brat. OR a Toyota Starlet. OR an FJ40. Try it.

brats and stalets and 80s camaros are rare.... in good condition. thats why they fetch a pretty penny.

there's a million vw's out there. and before you know it, you'll be upside down it.

i don't mean to think of resale as an investment, as no normal daily driver car is....
but rather, something that you won't loose your shirt on 3 years down the road.

ie, you buy a vw jetta last year for 12 grand.
its now worth 7 grand, but you owe 10,500 on it still.... and now you're stuck with it, even though its a total piece of shit.

ture story. he's a member here.

I can definately see the wisdom in buying something that won't be worth shit in the future. There are two ways you can take this:

"ture" story: A friend of mine at work bought an OZ Lancer (Just the tip of the iceberg). 1.5 years into it, she gets into an accident (t-boned) and it causes $8,500 ish in damages. The car is worth almost $9000. What does this mean ? This means that she's going to pay her deductible, and they will FIX this thing, it will never ride straight again, and she's stuck with it. BUT on the other hand, had she totalled it out, she still owed over $14,000 on it.

Lose lose.

But on the other hand if you buy something that's guaranteed to go down the shitter (Like a VW) and you're NOT (NOT NOT NOT) financing it, just take the money and run from the coverage. It'll immediately drop, but if you get at least $100 worth of driving out of it, then you're covered for the depreciation.

knowwaddamean ?

Congrats on the getting a new car deal.

It's exciting to go car shopping.

My suggestion. Drive everything you can. THen make a decision and narrow down your search, etc.

Research before you finance...you can come out ahead if you do the legwork

I bought my car in December for $13,700 (shopped around for a while)
Put down $2500 and financed the rest
Got a good rate (8.2%) so I owe a little under $15k on the note
KBB is $19,375.....so if I wreck the car, I'm in the clear
Even with the $2500 down and $500 ded. I'm only into the car for $18k

At the least, you want to try to make sure your total financed (with the interest) is MORE than the book. If its wrecked - you're covered...if you get sick of it and want to trade it in - you're covered

Most VW's aren't going to end up like that unless you find a retarded deal on an R32 or maybe a 20th AE. I don't even think the GLi's hold much value anymore...

BUT on the other hand, had she totalled it out, she still owed over $14,000 on it.

Lose lose.
gap coverage FTW y0

and resale is part of the reason i love hondas
good cars hold their value

Back