New EG i just picked up from another member

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
I picked this bad boy up from another HS member (thank onestopcustoms...AKA nacho.) Clean as fuck exterior/interior. pretty stoked to finnaly have a clean 5th gen. I'm sure no of you reallt car, but this for some reason is the first car I've been really excited about working on in a long time....even more than my TSX. Anyhow without further adue......

gallery_8228_117_1094744556.jpg

gallery_8228_117_1094744471.jpg

gallery_8228_117_1094744532.jpg

92 Civic CX hatch
100% stock (except replaced Cat and aftermarket tape/cd changer.
254 k on car.

the only thing I have done so far is wash, scrape old bubbled tint off and throw my new rotas I had laying around for my rex.

Looking for suggestions on where to go with this one. I want to keep it very OEM (5 lug conversion, type r seats, etc....also want to get it BAR tested in Cali with a crate type r motor, with AC and PS.

matt

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Sep 9 2004, 11:40 AM
That baby screams for a front Lip..
[post=387914]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree...also a 4x4 session...needs to come down!

I know, I have a CX, it needs a swap so bad. I did get it to do 102 today on my way to work.

You got a deal though that's a great car for that price.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 9 2004, 11:59 AM
I know, I have a CX, it needs a swap so bad. I did get it to do 102 today on my way to work.

You got a deal though that's a great car for that price.
[post=387921]Quoted post[/post]​

can't complain at all about the price. specially the shape of the body and paint. It still blows me away. my good buddy just bought a 92 hatch (si mind you) and still paid 4k and the paint is toast with a lot of dents/sratches. I feel luycky tro have found this.

Originally posted by hybrid89@Sep 9 2004, 11:06 AM

Looking for suggestions on where to go with this one. I want to keep it very OEM (5 lug conversion, type r seats, etc....also want to get it BAR tested in Cali with a crate type r motor, with AC and PS.

matt
[post=387901]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, i like the B18c5 idea . . . . with that motor and basic boltons you will triple the horsepower of the car (from 70 to 210) . . . . and that would be sick.

Originally posted by Cashizslick+Sep 9 2004, 12:08 PM-->
@Sep 9 2004, 11:06 AM

matt
[post=387901]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, i like the B18c5 idea . . . . with that motor and basic boltons you will triple the horsepower of the car (from 70 to 210) . . . . and that would be sick.
[post=387924]Quoted post[/post]​

...and smog legal w/ AC if i do it right!

Matt that hatch is begging for a turbo setup :D

If you decide to go that route and want some help just let me know.
Bring it to the next HS Cali BBQ.

Looks really clean and for only 2k, that's a good deal. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Sep 9 2004, 12:44 PM
Matt that hatch is begging for a turbo setup :D

If you decide to go that route and want some help just let me know.
Bring it to the next HS Cali BBQ.

Looks really clean and for only 2k, that's a good deal. :thumbsup:
[post=387944]Quoted post[/post]​

where here's the deal. I don't want a car that I have to worry about smogging evry 2 years and changeing shit around. This is also sort of a project car for my girlie. I'm either want to do a ITR stock with working AC and such or build up a 95 si motor and get the edelbrock kit. Trust me, I would love to go boosted....

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Sep 9 2004, 12:55 PM
Nothing wrong with an ITR in the hatch. :thumbsup:
[post=387952]Quoted post[/post]​

but a boosted ITR is better.....

Matt - The hatch looks clean you definitely need to bring that to the HS BBQ.
I will put in my .02 and say go with a H22 all motor setup (I had to change it up a bit).

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Sep 9 2004, 11:59 AM

[post=387921]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, and you can do that in 3rd gear, too. ;)

Originally posted by hybrid89+Sep 9 2004, 12:57 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Sep 9 2004, 12:55 PM
Nothing wrong with an ITR in the hatch. :thumbsup:
[post=387952]Quoted post[/post]​

but a boosted ITR is better.....
[post=387955]Quoted post[/post]​

BUT an itr swap will be kleen, and thats ur goal right? Just do the ITR swap basic boltonz, and see what happends. . . .besides, the only thing you have to sell off is the header if you do decide that tripleing the HP of the car is not enough lol.

I paid 800 for mine. I think I got a great deal on it. Although it did/does have it's problems. Front end was faded, a little wax cured that up nicely. Some minor rust on the QP's (now repaired). Driver seat severly worn and the cup holder broken (gonna get that jdm tape holder thing). And the interior is extremely dirty (nothing a nice cleaning can solve). There is a nice sized dent in the passenger side (it looks easily removeable). I have some pics of when I first got it but they're pretty shitty. I'll take some better pics one of these days.

Back