new to me crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Do you have a rag under the head pushing up on the valves?

just fyi... 1 roll of electricat tape under the cylender your installing valve retainers on works better then a rag. it is stiffer and still lets it give so its not harsh on you....

i love the CRX. what about pix lowered all the way down?

i also wanted to build the SOHC before i found my ZC complete for $100..

thanks again for the help...

Last edited:
ok so the weather was good today and i figured id get some bodywork done..the dings and small dents have gotten a light coat of bondo and tomorrow will get sanded and recoated..
i started working on the surface rust and its not all that bad...
replacement rear wheel arches are coming for christmas so the car will have no rust,no dents,and new paint...

15s ahaha

i couldn't get this off my head unless i responded to this....

dont spend countless hours and money on a SOHC only to run 15's at the track.

^lol lol lol................. my buddys del sol ran 10 psi on a t3 turbo... s100 nda basemap. stock fule pump and stock injectors. ran 13.7......

^lol lol lol................. my buddys del sol ran 10 psi on a t3 turbo... s100 nda basemap. stock fule pump and stock injectors. ran 13.7......

I was talking more about N/A but yeah i didnt specify. I just dont see the end result being worth the money. to each his own i guess.

good luck.

and his buddy doesnt seem to be the brightest bulb.

wrong turbo, no tuning, under fueled. wonder if he even bothered to run the oil lines.

D16a6 with Eagle H-Beams and Vitaras running a .63 A/R Turbo runs 12s when Tuned with Turbo Edit. DSM Injectors it had around 400hp on a Stock Head.

I would not bash the SOHC, It's a good and cheap Engine with great potential when given to the right owner... Good Luck with it INJEN. I am running high 15's with mine and it's a stock DD. Fun Stuff!

With everyone swapping the B's, H's and K's it's really easy to find parts now days too!

Here is a 10-Second Z6 with a Basic Setup.

Last edited:
well i did some sanding,and bondo today and yesterday..my drivers side quarter isnt bad at all..just surface rust that bubbled the paint..so ill just be fixing it..now the passengers needs to be cutoff and a new one welded in..pix soon

pics fool!!!

i still will never dump my money on a SOHC unless its its a shit load of nitrous and i dont care about it blowing up. I'm a b-series man myself....mostly because i'm too poor to get a K: (

i thought the same as you do until i realized i can build a dseries that will make just as much hp as a bseries would for less...
and pix tomorrow maybe..

l_f7f7cfe280704afb920ed5d926c7674b.jpg
yea those seats are hit..ive got these that are going in when im ready to put them in.

well i just got my paint kit..
came with a gallon of paint,the reducer,the hardener.strainers,mixing sticks,and a face mask thing..
all came out to $89 shipped
its acrylic enamel. from paint for cars.com..brand name is starfire??

and the color is metallic black,might post pix of everything later..also car might be going to a new home..

You're getting rid of another car!!? Damn Injen, your crazy but hopefully you get a good deal on this one.

yea..i dunno i like the car and all,but it pisses me off everytime i look at it,and think of what i had..
if i get rid of it im not going to fuck myself again..its gonna have to be for something that isnt in bad shape..

Back