new to me crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thanx man..but i broke down and rented a valve spring compressor..shit was fast and easy...got most of the swap done..now i need to figure out the cam cap torque specs//

i just torqued them to the specs i gave you..i should have it running today.provided the crank pulley bolt doesnt act like a bitch

on my LS i hit it with an impact gun and it came loose...
on all the sohcs ive had and my friends LS we jammed the flywheel and used a breaker bar with a cheater bar..
im hopin i can get it witht the impact gun

all i managed to do today was get all the sensors hooked back up.all the vacuum lines done..the fuel system finished up.manifolds are both on and tightened down..i still need to find valve cover bolts,and i need to do the timing belt..everything else is done

why??
the y8 flows soo much better..
anyways next up on the list is replacement quarter patch panels and a legit paint job..

why??
the y8 flows soo much better..
anyways next up on the list is replacement quarter patch panels and a legit paint job..
Mines a bit messed up tho...idk.

I wish my rex was black.:( Good progrezz tho!

went to the hardware store and got my VC bolts...swapped the timing belt out///timing is dead on.checked for spark and im getting spark..pull the fuel return line and no fuel at all..pump isnt even priming..so i checked everything and have it narrowed down to main relay(im hoping)
i dont have a spare anymore and advanced has 4 differant part numbers// this is fun

yep..stock injectors.stock ecu.stock harness..only thing differant is the z6 head,z6 intake mani,z6 fuel rail,and z6 TB...

well its running..swapped the relay and if fired right up..idles real nice..but when i went to drive it theres rlly not that muc power..like its lagging..so im gonna change the oil.sparkplugs and put some 93 in her...i have brand new 10mm wires on it so i know those are good..theres a little milk in the oil
from when i pulled the head some antifreeze got in there..sounds ricerish due to no muffler..

yda..well ill see soon..fresh tune up is coming within the next couple days

well when i got the car it had no muffler on it..so i decided to weld something on to hopefully quiet it down a little..so i welded on my option motorsports muffler tip..fuck that shit..ill be either cutting it off or getting a completely new exhaust..sounds alot louder and worse than just straight pipe..
and i decided to see how low the rex would go..i adjusted it down to where i just barely fit a pepsi can under the front bumper..i like how it looks..and it rides pretty good..

just an update..my main relay shit the bed when i was doing the headswap so ive been borrowing a friends..but i havent done anything with the car except clean it out and pulled the seats out..
whenever the weather clears up im going to mount my racing seats and replae the blower motor..
and then after christmas the body is getting all the dents and dings fixed.the rust cut out and patchpanels welded in..then shes getting painted metallic gloss black..found everything to paint the car for about $100 shipped..
maybe for christmas ill get a turbo setup..but im trying to sell off my stash of random parts and ill start collecting pieces for the kit..

Yay boost :)

Sounds like you're making some progress. Where's teh pics?

Back