New to this board...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by khrisb+Sep 14 2003, 07:41 PM-->
civicgirlracer97
@Sep 14 2003, 05:12 PM
Yeah I had to remove my "tits" so you gotta lose the pics.

Excuse me?
Could you elaborate, please?!?!

My avatar was an anime (sp) picture of tits kinda like the one of the car with the tits painted on in the other thread. I had to yank them from circulation though, oh well.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 15 2003, 12:41 AM
I don't agree- the D can still be fast, and for not too much money... the B is just a hell of a lot easier, and still my weapon of choice in the car that matters to me though.

:lol:

I'm very glad to see dirty91crx over here from the D series boards- welcome!

Define not too much money. Define fast. I'm not saying they're slow; they can be quick when boosted, but not fast.

150-160whp all motor with all OEM internals and an aftermarket cam... maybe $1000-2000 tops on top of what most people already have in their cars. Couple that with the lightweight 4G platform or 5G hatch platform that a lot of people are building these engines into, and you have a pretty good combination- comparable to swapping in a B16.

unstreetable in an unstreetable car? hmmmmn shes my daily. and as you can see in the picture shes not boosted(yet) as far as a vid.....heres one of me tryin out my new slicks My Webpageyou may have to copy and paste it though. so uh since when was 13.2 on the 1/4 not fast on street tires outta 1.5 liters? i dont intend on gettin into a piss fight about this but it can be done. although i will admit that im damn near non streetable with this set up....still gettin 33mpg though! the only reason i will go to b series powerplants is if i get my hands on an LS block to boost heavily outta. and hey thanks CALESTA for the warm welcome!

ok, lets do a price comparison.... do a part for part list of the mods you have done and have a total price one from a b18 build and a sohc build then give a time....

I have a 98 ex coupe with about $400-500 worth of parts added on and I managed to go 14.89 in the 1/4. Keep in mind the weight of the 98 ex's (about 2700lbs with me in it) and I was running that pass on $30 walmart tires. If you don't think sohc's are capable of being fast....check out some of bisi's times... If he can pull N/A 10's on an fseries....I'm thinking 12's will be easy on my d...

One Life
One Love
One Cam

i havent had a chance to read everything but i sware i feel like im over at RS and Bisi is mouthing off at Rich about SOHC POWER... jesus!!! anyways...

Originally posted by dirty91crx@Sep 14 2003, 08:10 PM
lemme see a n/a b18 pull a 13 sec run on street tires.

sorry, but uhhhh, been there done that!! so far my best on street tires is a 13.40@102mph... my current best on slicks is slightly improved from that with a 13.23@107mph

and in case any of you SOHC happy guys out there wanna try and bash me for "hating on SOHC's" get your info straight cause i have no problem with SOHC's... shit personally im building a full on race car to be powered by a turbo single cam... AND i talk to bisi on a regular basis when im over at RS, he helped tune my original LSVTEC when i had my first motor built over at RS, so best believe i know what a SOHC can and can't do

B)

Originally posted by 98SilverCivic@Sep 15 2003, 04:10 PM
I have a 98 ex coupe with about $400-500 worth of parts added on and I managed to go 14.89 in the 1/4. Keep in mind the weight of the 98 ex's (about 2700lbs with me in it) and I was running that pass on $30 walmart tires. If you don't think sohc's are capable of being fast....check out some of bisi's times... If he can pull N/A 10's on an fseries....I'm thinking 12's will be easy on my d...

One Life
One Love
One Cam

I think your getting WAY ahead of yourself here....they are talking about D series i nthis discussion , NOT F series which has more displacement to begin with. A person will ALWAYS make more power with a bigger displacenemt as a base.......

Originally posted by 98SilverCivic@Sep 15 2003, 11:10 AM

One Life
One Love
One Cam

yeah, do those extra parts have a 10lb bottle and a stainless steel hose?

There is no way a d16 with IHE would pull a high 14.

99-00 Stock Si's can do it with a new clutch and drag radials, however
+

edit: you must have done a shitload of weight reduction at the same token since the coupes weigh around 2600 off the factory floor.

Originally posted by sisteve+Sep 15 2003, 08:51 AM-->
98SilverCivic
@Sep 15 2003, 11:10 AM
I have a 98 ex coupe with about $400-500 worth of parts added on and I managed to go 14.89 in the 1/4.  Keep in mind the weight of the 98 ex's (about 2700lbs with me in it) and I was running that pass on $30 walmart tires.  If you don't think sohc's are capable of being fast....check out some of bisi's times...  If he can pull N/A 10's on an fseries....I'm thinking 12's will be easy on my d...

One Life
One Love
One Cam

+

edit: you must have done a shitload of weight reduction at the same token since the coupes weigh around 2600 off the factory floor.

oohhhh, i might have to disagree with you steve...

<_<

my buddy mike and al both ran 14.7x's with there 92 civic's... d16 powered, no nitrous, retaining all the stock glass, and just removing the rear seat... and as a honda owner, i know the back seat dont weigh jack shit! lol

but yeah just had to let you know :)

A person will ALWAYS make more power with a bigger displacenemt as a base.......
tru dat. you dont see lil blocks runnin 4sec passes like u see john force running.
sorry, but uhhhh, been there done that!! so far my best on street tires is a 13.40@102mph... my current best on slicks is slightly improved from that with a 13.23@107mph
nice!....still 13.2 on 175/70/13 down at 15psi i say is pretty fast for my d15b2. just tryin to give a comparison of my 1grand budget to what most put into a b block to make it that fast. im not talkin swapin the engine into a lighter car neither.
A person will ALWAYS make more power with a bigger displacenemt as a base.......
heh ill bet on your budget you could make a 1.3 rotary faster than a b18. on a certaint budget you cant always get away with more displacment.

Originally posted by dirty91crx@Sep 15 2003, 08:57 AM
tru dat. you dont see lil blocks runnin 4sec passes like u see john force running.
nice!....still 13.2 on 175/70/13 down at 15psi i say is pretty fast for my d15b2. just tryin to give a comparison of my 1grand budget to what most put into a b block to make it that fast. im not talkin swapin the engine into a lighter car neither.
heh ill bet on your budget you could make a 1.3 rotary faster than a b18. on a certaint budget you cant always get away with more displacment.

yeah i wish i could run 13" slicks... my times would be a lil better... right now im running the 15" slicks cause 13 and 14 inch rims wont fit over the type-r 5 lug conversion i have

:ph34r:

Originally posted by 2 litre EG+Sep 15 2003, 04:56 PM-->
Originally posted by sisteve@Sep 15 2003, 08:51 AM
98SilverCivic
@Sep 15 2003, 11:10 AM
I have a 98 ex coupe with about $400-500 worth of parts added on and I managed to go 14.89 in the 1/4.  Keep in mind the weight of the 98 ex's (about 2700lbs with me in it) and I was running that pass on $30 walmart tires.  If you don't think sohc's are capable of being fast....check out some of bisi's times...  If he can pull N/A 10's on an fseries....I'm thinking 12's will be easy on my d...

One Life
One Love
One Cam

+

oohhhh, i might have to disagree with you steve...

<_<

my buddy mike and al both ran 14.7x's with there 92 civic's... d16 powered, no nitrous, retaining all the stock glass, and just removing the rear seat... and as a honda owner, i know the back seat dont weigh jack shit! lol

The heaviest coupe from 92 was the ex and that weighed in at a bristling 2300 lbs. The lightest hatch was only 2000 lbs. Very easy to get a D powered car in the 14's no bottle, but you still have ALOT less weight than what the other guy was saying with a 98 coupe which weighs in at 2550.

Originally posted by dirty91crx@Sep 15 2003, 04:57 PM

I'll take that bet and win just about EVERY time, since having both motors, I bet I can get more power out of less money in the B18 than I could out of the 13B (comparing the NON turbo 13B out of the 89-91 second Gen RX-7 since Mazda had maded the engine more powerful for those years without upping the displacement). The main problem is running these motors reliabliy, meaning, more than a 1 time pass. I can certainly make more power out of the 13B for a 1 time shot, but my motor would be junk after that. B18 motor I can make more HP for more reliabilty.......especially sonce go fast parts tend to be fewer and farther between than the B18 parts.....

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Sep 15 2003, 11:56 AM

yeah, your comparing a 92 civic, which is farther smaller and LIGHTER to a 98 Coupe which is a lot HEAVIER.

Apples do not = oranges.

the lightest hatch Eg chassis weighed in at 2090 in teh vx/cx trim, followed by the dx in 2190.

I don't know why this debate started but like we all know.

With the proper research, money, and planning, you can make anything go fast.

1/4 mile is about power to weight and traction

D series are fast if they want to be, so are B's, H's, and F's. shit even K's.

did the oz kid leave/quit....

Originally posted by sisteve+Sep 15 2003, 09:16 AM-->
2 litre EG
@Sep 15 2003, 11:56 AM

yeah, your comparing a 92 civic, which is farther smaller and LIGHTER to a 98 Coupe which is a lot HEAVIER.

Apples do not = oranges.

alright im just making sure... cause i thought you were talking about a d16 civic hatchbacks... thanks for the clarification

B)

Bisi also ran a 10 something sec 1/4 mile w/ his old d15 setup! I also wish Mista would post a slip for you guys. I/h/e on a stock z6 14.85 in the 1/4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back