Nippon Racing pistions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

natecivic92

I have a b18b1 engine I am building for turbo and I came across some cheap pistions that are 81mm and the guy says they are.20 over ls low compression pistion.Do you think I should buy them.what other question do I need to ask the person.I kow on stock the ls can handle 12 to 14 psi I want something more then stock internals to handle some more psi

Thanks,Nate

I haven't seen any b-series using the nippon racing piston. I'll be safe and just get some forge piston and rods especially for turbo. Turbo build too much heat in which will melt any cast piston. I think the nippon racing piston is just like or the same as the vitara piston for d-series. But then again it's all in the tune.

Here is a pic of the pistion attached to this.I am preety sure it is .5 cause the Ls won't handle that much bore.Bigger is better where turbo's a concered so i must likely will be going with a biger one.

Attachments

• pistion box.jpg
    pistion box.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 296
  • pistion.jpg
    pistion.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,978
OEM .5mm over pistons usually say .5mm on the pistons themselves.

So do you think I should pass on these pistons and look for something else?I dont want to sleeve the block and I want to build with turbo in the 300 hp for racing and less hp when just normal driving.Any good ideas for pistons for my ls in what Range I am looking for.

If your engine isn't bored and the cylinders are fine; just hone the cylinder and run those stock sized pistons. The .25 and .5mm oversizes are for people who have messed up cylinder walls and have to bore it to clean it.

Back