Official Fishing thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I love to see that slick calm water when im putting my kayak in. Reminds me that Ive got some pictures i need to upload for this thread....

1415469_10201995147153552_8283058489962829354_o.jpg

10256610_10201995147913571_411609427451482874_o.jpg

10264082_10201995128073075_3102711508460847489_o.jpg

10296481_10201995137153302_3866697394528104520_o.jpg

Paddled this beast yesterday over 3 miles...arms were dead, covered a lot of water...and felt completely comfortable all the time. It was a pain to fight against the tide and wind half the time to stay on a spot. Great yak, just bulky to put on the car, but a yacht once on the water. once the water hits 70 degree's, then its standing time in the deep water while anchored next to some rips where the fish are active.... in the ocean.

For freshwater... this yak would be a beast, but I'm a salt water guy.

Yeah that's a serious kayak, dude. Id like to upgrade to something a little better but its hard to justify when the one I have works pretty well for my purposes.

Heres a couple pics from a super calm day on the lake, no real big fish, but I did get 17 bass that morning.

The rest of these are from last week when I went and paddled a local river, caught 5 bass, some bream, and a baby snook, but besides that, its a great place to see a lot of wildlife. I love getting out in natural florida, its my unwind time. Im one of those "at one with nature" kind of people lol

LOL ^

So despite my wife hydrolocking her car late last night, i decided to go fish this morning since i had already planned to and had my gear ready to go. It kinda sucked. Got rained on pretty bad and only caught 5 fish. couple decent ones though, like this guy...

nice...

the green beast finally got slimed the other day. 27-28" bluefish, couldn't believe the fish gave me a good tow. I launched around 1:30 am, in a new area I never fish, by myself most of the day, kayak felt completely safe all night. Had a great view of our solar system, as I pretty much watched stars all night once away from the lights. It was just amazing. did about 4 miles...but most of it was slow strokes here to there...no current or wind to fight...Damn relaxing. wish more fish was around.
DSCN0367.JPG

I know some of y'all have been fishing this summer, let's see some pics!

Last couple salt water trips for me kinda sucked, but I've been catching plenty bass. Several good trips lately in the kayak. Caught this guy today, weighed 6 3/4 lbs, awesome fight.

Went steelheading last weekend. The group limited average around 10 lbs. Might be going back this weekend too as they raised the limit from 2 to 3.

Attachments

• 20140816_102524.jpg
    20140816_102524.jpg
    886.8 KB · Views: 204
I cant get over how badass of a day that was @BigJ . I dont think anyone who hasn't steelhead fished can grasp the accomplishment achieved here

Yeah man. It was the best steelheading I've ever done, but you're right. It's a dream for a guide to load the boat like that, yet alone us schmucks. This was first time I've actually hit the steelhead and didn't have a rod passed to me to reel in. Lots of salmon before, never steelhead. Didn't make it saturday but hoping I get a pass to go this coming Saturday.

I had fun. feet got sunburn. Turns out, if you take your shoes off after you spf down, you should probably do those too. ooops. Otherwise i came out with just a little bit of color. getting up at 530am was aweful though. lol

end of summer tan, new body....the chicks will not be able to resist the new B....:geek:
and he can catch fish.....:D

Good job B!

Took the boat out this morning for the first time in over a month, shits been crazy. Started out slow, the full moons arent great for morning fishing, better for night fishing. Once the sun was up I found some action... caught two snook, and lost two others. Also caught a few jacks. Got some amazing snorkeling in too, water was even more clear than usual, approaching 100ft visibility, it was amazing. Lots of life around too.

I thought that B didn't like to fish.

Where are you guys going?

Back