OK, you have 12k to spend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

You have 12k to spend on a car. You want to spend almost all of it on the car itself, so no saying "a civic and a motor swap". You want something small, with good handling and gas mileage, with 4 seats.

What do you buy, and why?

Originally posted by Kcihcaton+Nov 15 2004, 04:54 PM-->
2004 toyota corolla ce, although might be a little over 12
and im not sure how well they handle
[post=417303]Quoted post[/post]​

New corollas are ugly as sin.

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 15 2004, 04:54 PM
4 seats, or 4 doors? my bad
[post=417304]Quoted post[/post]​

4 seats, 2 doors.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 15 2004, 04:57 PM
2000 - 2001 GSR with low miles and leather.
[post=417306]Quoted post[/post]​

He's been looking at Integras, but Hondas get stolen a lot in his area.

Originally posted by xyswany@Nov 15 2004, 05:00 PM
not 4 doors but SUPER fucking cheap.
http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...or=&cardist=190
[post=417309]Quoted post[/post]​

God Damn! If that were local, he'd be all over it.

B16
@Nov 15 2004, 05:00 PM
down payment on an evo 8 :)
[post=417310]Quoted post[/post]​

He wants a car for 12k, not a car payment. :p

Buy my mostly built AE86, then buy and install a few more toys like race seats, cage, sterio, tint, JDM rims, More suspention toys, more cool shit needed for the best awesome car, Bumpers, then spend a little time learning to handle it, and once you can learn not to hit anything...then paint it a wild MaD JdM TyTe Druiiiiiifffiittoooo colors...and...well...it has 4 seats ;) a little power, it;s turning into a collectors item as soon as a movie comes out, and and I would think that $12K's would cover it.....it just depends on what you want for the toy's toy's.

Or just buy a decent Jeep...and blend in with yuppies and tree-huggers.... :ph34r:

ASking what to buy with $12K's is like asking a kid to go into a candy store with $100.....what ever they buy...it will make them fat and they will get a lot of pimples.

For say what the cars main function is....for gas economy...get a Insight, and install a good sterio...

For fast, then a Supra, and a big turbo....

For handling, an old CRX, with a lot of suspention work and a turbo.....

basically any car can be hooked up....

Personally...I would just buy the most rust free Z car I could find...and dump the rest in go fast parts.... :ph34r:

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Nov 15 2004, 07:27 PM
He's going to look at a 2001 Jetta this afternoon.
[post=417324]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh. I thought he said small. With GOOD handling. :p

I think most of you are missing the point.

Let me give you all some background.

He currently drives a '92 Miata. He needs something a little bigger, because he has a baby on the way.

He wants something smallish, reasonably quick, manual trans, good mileage, and a backseat. And something he can mod slowly.

He wants to spend as close to 12k as he can, without going too much over or under, and spend it all on the car itself.

Datsun 280z 2+2 with a v8 swap.

edit - btw, he doesn't want a jetta, they have shitty reliability, my dad has one and it has too many problems to deal with. Stick with japanese cars if you want reliability.

Also, what about a late 90's Lexus. My friend drives a 1997 ES300 that he got for $12. Its an awsome car, decent power, really compfy, and it looks great, not a scratch on it. The only problem is they only come in auto....

That mazda is nice up above. My sisters fiance has one. It comes with alot of aftermarket parts stovk. He paid somewhere around 21 grand new. He has a blue one with a 14b turbo setup :D

check out a used Audi A4 98-99ish

2001 M3 when its not a scam will run you 35+K

2000 Mustang Gt

2000 Eclipse Spyder

2000 Jetta 1.8T

Maybe a used SVT Focus

Those would be my choices for $12K

Back