Paranoia: Worrying about my Civic getting stolen someday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

confusatron

I read a lot on the forums about guys having their Civics stolen, and I get kinda worried. I've dumped a lot of time and money into my car, and I enjoy the hell out of the damn thing. But I wonder if one day mine might get stolen and stripped too. It bugs me. I don't relish the idea of having to start all over again, especially when I think about the money aspect. I could get over losing this particular one, but it's the money I don't think I could come up with again.

I wish they would allow people to put bombs in their cars...with a remote detonator....so when the car gets stolen, police can find it quiker from the smoke and the dead criminals still strapped in the seat burnt to a crisp....or the chop shop and the friggen chop shop guys dead from the scrappnel...then maybe insurance would go down a little...and we can finally keep the nice things that we have.

If you live in a high-risk area and it really concerns you, protect your personal investment by increasing your insurance. Most companies will allow you to insure for a "declared value" or appraised value on any vehicle. Mostly classics, customs, or modified ones.

I feel your pain, and i live in a super-risk area.. but well.. karma will get them back later.
A guy i know, who steals Hondas, died last month ... it always comes back to get em.

Pageing Alarm

Quick release steering wheel

Clutch lock

if they can get past all that without getting caught, they deserve the car

lol

paging alarm
clutch lock
removable steering wheel

the most important thing is a GPS tracker...
so even if it is stolen you can locate it quickly, and hopefully get the guys in the act...

ebay search for gps tracker

Clutch lock "saved" my gf's car...
they got it, but couldn't press the clutch in, so they just parked it down the road.
Assuming they're not retards, they could use shiftpoints... but they were retards.
They didn't even take her money, keys, cd player, not one thing.

I was toying with the idea of running chloride gas from a tank in my trunk via tubes (same kind the bars use for the automatic bottles) and into my air conditioning system, and tying it all into my alarm.

Still needed to address the issue of "false alarms"

but the idea would be that once the theif breaks into the car, the doors would automatically lock and stay locked for good.

then the chloride gas would start shooting out of the air conditioning vents.

few minutes, dead thief.

since chloride gas is invisible, passers-by would only see some mexican/black guy slumped over your steering wheel.

then just open the car via remote control, let that sucker air out, then drive to an industrial area to drop off the body.

no more theif, and he wont be stealing anything from anyone anytime soon. lol.

I used to have a nice car audio system in a `92 hatch I would compete with. I had a cheepo alarm that I modified. I set it up so it would go off if you opened the door and didn't turn the key within 30 seconds. It ran off a battery backup with one of the high inputs wired to the positive on the battery so if you disconnected it would go off (had a small lead acid battery with a diode to prevent it from discharging keeping the alarm on). My favorite was that I took these high output peizo sirens (120dB @ 1Meter, 3 of them) and put them under the dash. So even if some dumb ass got the stereo out, he would at least pay for it by not being able to hear for weeks.

Quoted post[/post]]
I was toying with the idea of running chloride gas from a tank in my trunk via tubes (same kind the bars use for the automatic bottles) and into my air conditioning system, and tying it all into my alarm.

Still needed to address the issue of "false alarms"

but the idea would be that once the theif breaks into the car, the doors would automatically lock and stay locked for good.

then the chloride gas would start shooting out of the air conditioning vents.

few minutes, dead thief.

since chloride gas is invisible, passers-by would only see some mexican/black/Puerto Rican guy slumped over your steering wheel.

then just open the car via remote control, let that sucker air out, then drive to an industrial area to drop off the body.

no more theif, and he wont be stealing anything from anyone anytime soon. lol.

Quoted post[/post]]
mexican/black

you should change that.

Better?

what about crackers?

punk kids stealing shit these days...

god damn honkies..

arabs should be read as terrorists...
and don't forget the owls

Quoted post[/post]]
what about crackers?

punk kids stealing shit these days...

god damn honkies..

arabs should be read as terrorists...
and don't forget the owls

Yes, everytime I turn on cops, or happen to drive down the street, I see the SWAT team pulling over some white kid for bike theft.

A real problem those damn white kids are...

What is the Owl and where did it come from?

I was away from HS for a long while....out of the loop.

its the media man, they don't report the honkies misbehaving...

the owl man, they're everywhere these days...
funny_owl_02.jpg

Back