Paranoia: Worrying about my Civic getting stolen someday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the owl started from a pic with the caption O'RLY, then another pic surface with another caption YA'RLY. the owls faces reflected the captions. now the owl is running rampant. its not just here, its on a few dif msg boards i frequent, its the thing to do on the net these days

original
funny_owl_13.jpg

response
funny_owl_21.jpg

Quoted post[/post]]
I read a lot on the forums about guys having their Civics stolen, and I get kinda worried. I've dumped a lot of time and money into my car, and I enjoy the hell out of the damn thing. But I wonder if one day mine might get stolen and stripped too. It bugs me. I don't relish the idea of having to start all over again, especially when I think about the money aspect. I could get over losing this particular one, but it's the money I don't think I could come up with again.

Your honda will get stolen, and then you will see the light and buy something else.

Quoted post[/post]]
I read a lot on the forums about guys having their Civics stolen, and I get kinda worried. I've dumped a lot of time and money into my car, and I enjoy the hell out of the damn thing. But I wonder if one day mine might get stolen and stripped too. It bugs me. I don't relish the idea of having to start all over again, especially when I think about the money aspect. I could get over losing this particular one, but it's the money I don't think I could come up with again.

One word INSURANCE.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

One word INSURANCE.

One more word RECEIPTS.

My insurance company sux ass. No receipts (regardless of pictures) are accepted as proof of ownership.

Better yet, just install your own GPS tracking device in your car.

If it gets jacked, go home and grab the .45, turn on your receiver and let the games begin :)

Quoted post[/post]]
they are everywhere now...

you can pay like $10 a month to watch your car through a website.
Ha!

so, the website gets ten bucks a month, AND everything in your car when they steal it, cuz its a big scam, and they're just waiting till they get the right cars, and then they're site is gonna mysteriously "go down" one day, and a lot of cars are gonna go missing, then one week later they'll say they're closing the website, cuz they're not makin enough money. meanwhile, your car is stolen and they're drinking mai tai's in mexico.

nah, but really, i have no clue. i just felt like a rant.

Get LoJack- the new version that notifies you when the car has been moved without your authorization. Tie it in to a good alarm system.

On insuring a car for "declared value", most insurance companies won't do it for a car unless it's over a certain number of years old. State Farm won't run a "declared value" policy on a car unless it's 16 years old or older. I tried to get a quote for a declared value of $40k on the Civic, and the system rejected it because the car was only 10 years young... I can insure Katie's 88 Civic like that though!

Quoted post[/post]]
I wish they would allow people to put bombs in their cars...with a remote detonator....so when the car gets stolen, police can find it quiker from the smoke and the dead criminals still strapped in the seat burnt to a crisp....or the chop shop and the friggen chop shop guys dead from the scrappnel...then maybe insurance would go down a little...and we can finally keep the nice things that we have.

I had the exact same idea.

I hate fucking theives.

I would not hesistate to pull my gun and shoot one in the chest or back if I caught them in the act. Assuming that noone is around to witness it....and if need be, I can dispose of the body quickly without anyone being the wiser.

Then, I would go make myself a sammich and pat myself on the back for a job well-done.

Quoted post[/post]]
I hate fucking theives.

I would not hesistate to pull my gun and shoot one in the chest or back if I caught them in the act. Assuming that noone is around to witness it....and if need be, I can dispose of the body quickly without anyone being the wiser.

Then, I would go make myself a sammich and pat myself on the back for a job well-done.

you could part out the body on 101deals :mrgreen:

the plastic window is shitty, you can barely see through it.. but then again i haven't even tried to clean it... the driver side fender is a slightly different color, which i didn't see when i bought it, it is rather subtle... and i'm going to live in columbus for grad school and the S DEUCE isn't the most practical car, but i am going to keep it, or get a newer one next year... but on a student stipend, i doubt i will be able to afford a newer one.

i thought about getting an acura 3.2 TL type S, I could sell my S and have enough money to get the 3.2 w/out putting anything down... would be a pretty even swap and then I'd have more of a luxury type vehicle for the long drives from Columbus to my parents house in mid michigan

Back