pissedoffsol dyno event

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

its just a color anyways.

"pink godzira" noone thinks they are gay. :rolleyes:

what the hell is the difference?

is this at the bristol dyno? is he having another $50 dyno day? :p

live from the dyno :) taking lunch break.

guess what- more and more problems.

lets see... avcr's suck.

i was running, ohh 27-30 psi on the stock 1.8 bar map. lol

unplugged the fucker.
running waste gate 11 psi.

had 1 good run so far that netted 275+

then we ran into some problems.... cna't break 150 whp.... but torque is in the high 150s.

something just isn't right. we're going to eat, and do some more brain storming....

welp, didn't get it anywhere near where we thought it would be...

i have all kinds of problems.

alternator won't stay tight
vacuum leaks like crazy, idel all over the place
keep blowing off charge pipes...
keep leaking boost

my wideband is total fucking garbage. totally inaccurate. worthless. waste of $500. it was reading 19:1 when the dyno a/f was reading 13:1.
it read "rich" (under 10:1) when the dyno showed 11.5:1.

either it's mis-calbrated, or its garbage.

the avcr- is fucking garbage. if anyone wants it, let me know. i think im moving to manual BC.

my 3-bar map sensor is garbage.
broken or someting- throting 4.8 volts when it should be throwing 1.6 with he lester.

kyle @ wired speed labs' base map- take a guess- fucking garbage.
I honestly don't know how the car ever ran....
it was NOT set for a 3-bar, when i had asked him for it.

at idle, i was reading in thr roughly 10 psi column on the rom editor. wtf. you can't make 10 psi at idel.

so we thew out the maps, and started fresh...

first couple runs, we hit 28-30 psi. thanks to the avcr. no idea how i didn't blow up. hell, i was running rich! lol. but i still didn't make dick or power. see run #1 below.

after fixcing some problems, we had 1 good pull- run #9. this was done pure waste gate at 11psi via the spring.... and it made almost the identical power to the 28 psi run.
wtf. look at the graphs.

one, on 28 psi
one, on 11.

be that as it may, i drove home with a screw drive holding my altenator belt tight, no brakes (from no vacuum) all kinds of shit unhooked... and $350 + a p28 ecu later, i'm pretty much back at square one....

...with a car that needs a shit load of more work to get it on the road....

.... again.....

such is.

and for the record- this was not my tuners fault. my hardware/car is just fucked.

dyno_8_28_2004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn man, sorry to hear all of that... The PLX's are great... Full-Race has two units... They work flawlessly and updates are super quick... Hopefully you get everything straightened out man...

Whats up with the AVC-R? I never had any problems other then blowing one of the vac lines off the turbo and spiking boost other then that my AVC-R ran like a top!

Even to this day it's still in the car

weird...

Make sure you use the right belt and tighten it. Ive fucked up a bunch of alternator belts :angry:

Where they coming from? Use zipties to tie up hoses. Get rid of that vaccumm manifold.

use T-bolt clamps and good couplers. Make sure the piping is lined up perfect. I had the same problem. If it keeps blowing, spray the inside of the couplers with hairspray.

keep leaking boost

Wheres it leaking from?

my wideband is total fucking garbage. totally inaccurate. worthless. waste of $500. it was reading 19:1 when the dyno a/f was reading 13:1.

What kind is it?

the avcr- is fucking garbage. if anyone wants it, let me know. i think im moving to manual BC.

I hate AVCR's too. IMO get a Turbo XS Dual Stage HP

my 3-bar map sensor is garbage. broken or someting- throting 4.8 volts when it should be throwing 1.6 with he lester.

Make sure it really is a 3 bar, I had 2 2bars, which i thought were 3 bars.

Let me or HRTuning know, and we will send you my Bin file

at idle, i was reading in thr roughly 10 psi column on the rom editor. wtf. you can't make 10 psi at idel.

hmm, weird

first couple runs, we hit 28-30 psi. thanks to the avcr. no idea how i didn't blow up. hell, i was running rich! lol. but i still didn't make dick or power. see run #1 below.

after fixcing some problems, we had 1 good pull- run #9. this was done pure waste gate at 11psi via the spring.... and it made almost the identical power to the 28 psi run.
wtf. look at the graphs.

one, on 28 psi
one, on 11.

be that as it may, i drove home with a screw drive holding my altenator belt tight, no brakes (from no vacuum) all kinds of shit unhooked... and $350 + a p28 ecu later, i'm pretty much back at square one....

.... again.....

such is.

Hey, if you need any help, let me know, call or hit me up on aim. I too ALWAYS had problems. But not as many as you :p . So, hit me up. and ill try to help out

b, i remember you saying you were running super cold plugs...why not try some bk7re's? obviously you were getting fuel from the wideband reading, but i really think something with your spark is wrong...

also what kind of wideband are you running?

wideband = plx m500
plugs = NGK stock no 5238, R5671A-9, as recommended by Geoff from Full-race himself.

Originally posted by EF8_Fan@Aug 28 2004, 07:08 PM

Make sure you use the right belt and tighten it. Ive fucked up a bunch of alternator belts :angry:

its my bracket- not my belt. Acura dealer prts guys are retards. thats all i have to say.

Where they coming from? Use zipties to tie up hoses. Get rid of that vaccumm manifold.

the main one was from the little outlet on the back of the JG. it was just too hot to even get my hand in there to do anything about it. toss the manifold? i don't see how i can. im using all 6 ports on it right now. should i just have all kinds of stupid T's everywhere?

use T-bolt clamps and good couplers. Make sure the piping is lined up perfect. I had the same problem. If it keeps blowing, spray the inside of the couplers with hairspray.

the piping is fucked, cuz i had to cut it to make it fit. none of it lines up right inside the couplers. couplers are all expanding and such.

keep leaking boost

Wheres it leaking from?

no idea. but as you can see on several of the runs, i was topped out at 150 hp. sounds like a 9:1 all motor gsr numbers to me... just wouldn't boost, even through it said i was. i dunno. this car is stupid.

What kind is it?

plx m500.

I hate AVCR's too. IMO get a Turbo XS Dual Stage HP

noted.

my 3-bar map sensor is garbage. broken or someting- throting 4.8 volts when it should be throwing 1.6 with he lester.

Make sure it really is a 3 bar, I had 2 2bars, which i thought were 3 bars.

i guess its time to get it direct from hondata...

Let me or HRTuning know, and we will send you my Bin file

that would be nice- to compare what you have vs what i have, and how come you made 1.8 times my power on lower octane gas :(

hmm, weird

that was due to the fucked 3 bar, and the fucked base map. since both were fucked, it unfucked it self to the point of being able to run in a fucked up way. Yeah.. :D

wtf. look at the graphs.

one, on 28 psi
one, on 11.

.... again.....

such is.

Hey, if you need any help, let me know, call or hit me up on aim. I too ALWAYS had problems. But not as many as you :p . So, hit me up. and ill try to help out
[post=383097]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, i know... you've been real helpful through the whole thing....

i'm just, well, frustrated with it again......... and parting it out is really loking good to me more and more every day....

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Aug 29 2004, 11:52 AM
B, can you get the charge pipes beaded?
[post=383255]Quoted post[/post]​

the ends were, before i had to cut them off to make the pipes fit.

Back