Post your audio sytems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bitchin'

untitled1.jpg

so what i really want to know, is if that new fold out head unit you have can tell you your g-force and other cool useless shit like that. i have seen some kenwood stuff that can do that.

no, but it has an RCA video port so i can plug it into my microPC... going to use it for tuning my emanage.

meh, my accord has a kenwood kdc series deck with hertz energy's in the front, stock speaks in the rear, powered by a 300w jbl amp.
also have two jbl 12's in there powered by a kicker 400w monoblock, in a shitty sealed enclosure. sounds decent to me. thats all that matters.

the civic has a newer kenwood deck (idk what it is, but its the one with the option to change colors of the screen n what not), the civic has infinity perfects in the front, and alpine type r's in the rear. just the rears are amped right now by a rockford 250w amp. no sub as of right now because i cant really justify doing something like that in the hatch..

ive had some pretty big setups though. i had 4 12's in the back of my volvo wagon for a while, they were alpine type e's that i got for free. i built a spec'd box for them. powered them with a pdx 1000 mono amp and punished my ears with that for awhile. also had 2 kicker l7 15's in the back of my first green accord for about two weeks, each powered by a pdx 1000. decided that was probably a little too much and took them both out and downgraded to two 12's.

i'm thinking of downgrading to 1 10w7 now. As much fun as it is to watch my whole car flex and pound, I dont like the extra weight my car put on.

Acura RSX typeS should be...
-clean
-spacious
-quick
-handle good
-clean system

mine is clean but...
-slow (heavy)
-no hatch space
-no spare tire
-handles like ass

mehh, the dub7 is going out.

Uh, dude, get shallow mount's and keep the boom w/o the space! whats what i use!
- then again, i dont really need the shallow mount units, i should upgrade....

i'm thinking of downgrading to 1 10w7 now. As much fun as it is to watch my whole car flex and pound, I dont like the extra weight my car put on.

Acura RSX typeS should be...
-clean
-spacious
-quick
-handle good
-clean system

mine is clean but...
-slow (heavy)
-no hatch space
-no spare tire
-handles like ass

mehh, the dub7 is going out.

The thing I miss the least about when I was younger is having to upgrade sound systems.

11.jpg

built in HardDrive, built in sub, DTS support. and over all a great well balanced system.

My old Acura TL also had a kick ass system, one of the best out at its time.

I think I had my 350Z for around 24 hours before pulling it apart.
old civic might have lasted 1 week.

Thankfully now I'm into well rounded systems rather then loud.

Hopefully I never have to replace a single system again.

Linhs Civic SI does have a pioneer nav unit that has a screen that comes out and folds up.

My 350Z has a buzuka tube, forget what random speakers and also a pioneer head unit with a TV built into the dash. hacked to run movies while driving. also works as a nav unit but I never added the nav box to it. No reason for it in that car.

z9.jpg

There's a TV behind that pop up panel. Also missing is the Passport 8500 a must for any car!

the ring is on my thumb because it is the only finger it stay on.

Uh, dude, get shallow mount's and keep the boom w/o the space! whats what i use!
- then again, i dont really need the shallow mount units, i should upgrade....

the only sub out there that will actually perform well is the JL slim series. I have heard the memphis and they suck. I'm not paying $700 for a slim sub either.

I have heard 2 8's and 1 10 get down alot louder. I dont need shalow mount subs...i have an entire hatch. I just need to reduce the weight. right now i have taken out my spare tire and replaced it with my 13w7,box,2 big jl amps,and an optima yellow top where the spare tire used to be. Its heavy back there. :lol:

Chris isn't gay, he just likes it when I cuddle with him.

Jeffie: what radar detector do you have? Looks like a beltronics of some sort.

Yeah, I'm totally over building a loud system in a car. I'd rather have something that's well balanced and I can listen to anything on than something stupid loud. All the fit needed was some tweeters, and it's pretty decent... (for a base-model economy car)

didnt know we had so many audiophiles on here. also cant believe it took me this long to find this thread.

i have a pioneer deh-5000.
its alright, i have some objections to it, but all in all its a well rounded machine.

I'm a JL person too.
im running a w1 12inch sub on a 500watt Total Mobile Audio (made by jl)
stock speakers in the forester for now. going to add a factory tweeter set sometime soon.
my favorite part about the setup is that with tthe loud setting off its just a good sounding decently balanced system.
but, when im listening to certain types of music and i want a back massage i can just turn the loud setting to low and be as loud as needed.

its always fun knowing that i have much farther to go if i felt like it.

i have seen a lot of people do custom installs in 03+ foresters which hide the subs (8 or 10 inch) in the rear of the vehicle, so i have been debating on getting rid of the 12inch and get some 10's to do this install.
im always paranoid about my shit getting stolen, its the only reason i hate doing sound mods. luckily i have the rear cover for my car though. and the windows in the rear are at about 2.5%

Back