Post your audio sytems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the box looks too small to port.

you need to build a new one. I would go for 3.5cu.ft total.
first off find the specs on your subs. lets keep this simple since your not to worried about the details. :)

find the specs such as
- mounting displacement (how much it takes up in the box)
- vented airspace required per sub.

....... ok so i looked them up for you. these look like your subs.
Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - SWE-1243

click on the top right hand side for the owner's manual. open it and scroll down until you get to enclosures.

IT TELLS YOU THE BOX DIMENSIONS FOR YOUR BOX! All you have to do is build it double since you have 2 of them.

build it ported and listen to it slam and get low.... :)

im horrible at building boxes lol we dont have the right tools, i might just buy a bass slammer or somethin that's the right size

noooooo! you can do it.

get your cut out sheet. go to home depot and have them cut it out on the cutting machine. then all you have to do is put it together.

top/bottom - 16.5x33
front/back - 31.5x14
sides - 16.5x14

vent - 11.25x14 (2 of them)

the vent opening must be 2.5 wide. once you assemble the box just take a jigsaw, router works best, and cut out the vent hole.

use glue and i guess your prolly gonna screw the it together.

you wont be dissapointed

lol is that the actual measurements i would want? and i like the port in the front between the 2 subs, do they work well or just for looks?

building it in the middle is the best. It because it serves 2 purposes. vent (duh) and bracing. you also bracing the front face AND the top and bottom from flex.

and yess those are the exact measurements. Someone double check just to make sure but i think they are the correct cutouts.

:)

My tahoe has a clarion indash touchscreen with 2 1000/1s and 3 12w7s. I'm looking for a 4th. My integra has a pos sony cd player with a alpine running clarion front and rears and a 1000/1 with 3 12w6v2s and 2 cases of dynamat. My eg has a dual touchscreen dvd indash with a clarion amp nunning clarion front and rear speakers and a 1000 watt insignia running 2 12 audiobahns. It also has 2 cases of dynamat. All 3 cars has clifford alarms.

and you could't post pics? c'mon man, you dont temp me with JL candy and not show the goods!

and you could't post pics? c'mon man, you dont temp me with JL candy and not show the goods!

Oh you like JL? At some point last month I had a loooooong post I was putting into here, but the site timed out and I lost it all. Everything in the S2000 is JL except the head unit, and it's all hidden. :)

taco- i think im puttin jl's in my truck :ph34r: and hid's :ph34r:

If you go HID, make you sure do them right! No plug-in kits. Those piss me off.... along with everyone else on the road. Retrofit true HID optics into your headlight housings. That's the only proper way to add HIDs to your car. Either way, it's still illegal, but at least the retrofits won't have you blinding everyone on the road.

Oh you like JL? At some point last month I had a loooooong post I was putting into here, but the site timed out and I lost it all. Everything in the S2000 is JL except the head unit, and it's all hidden. :)

If you go HID, make you sure do them right! No plug-in kits. Those piss me off.... along with everyone else on the road. Retrofit true HID optics into your headlight housings. That's the only proper way to add HIDs to your car. Either way, it's still illegal, but at least the retrofits won't have you blinding everyone on the road.

I still want to to the h.i.d black housing idea. I dont have the downtime to do the projectors but its something want in the future. Hopefully if i make money i can get some real JDM ones.

Nice setup Cal. post some pics if you can see anything :)

Besides the monstruos amps and sub in my hatch i too like the hidden,clean oem. Its loud as hell and you can't see whats in it. :)

I'm thinking of stepping down to Diamond 8's (3 or 4) to save some weight.

l_56d7563ffd2c467c8feee4d0858ce1e1.jpg

l_0378fdc4cfdf465bb41823364e10f3fa.jpg

l_9f3e97950a5a469d909d6c5e41131a52.jpg

20643_266401326762_510286762_4341935_3404817_n.jpg

Motorized face Video by Day N Nite - MySpace Video

you honestly didnt want to pay for a dash kit? :huh:

looks good though. Seems to have worked out better. Look like it would have covered the ac vents with the dash kit.

I still want to to the h.i.d black housing idea. I dont have the downtime to do the projectors but its something want in the future. Hopefully if i make money i can get some real JDM ones.

Nice setup Cal. post some pics if you can see anything :)

Besides the monstruos amps and sub in my hatch i too like the hidden,clean oem. Its loud as hell and you can't see whats in it. :)

I'm thinking of stepping down to Diamond 8's (3 or 4) to save some weight.

Well, get cheapo aftermarket projector housings, then throw the HID projectors in. But I think I already told you that. ;)

Nothing's visible. I'll post pics when I finally install the subwoofer that's been sitting around for the last 6 years unused. That'll be interesting, and require some metal-cutting.

so what i really want to know, is if that new fold out head unit you have can tell you your g-force and other cool useless shit like that. i have seen some kenwood stuff that can do that.

so what i really want to know, is if that new fold out head unit you have can tell you your g-force and other cool useless shit like that. i have seen some kenwood stuff that can do that.

Some Kenwood single din models does do all of that. I had one too and hated it. It was a $400 deck that was trade to me, it had complicated controls and ugly design. The g-tec was fairly accurate but really, cmon!

Jensen is usualy for people on a budget (No offense Turbo ). They dont include alot of convenience features like that.

its all on the 1) brand 2) model

you get what you pay for is what i'm trying to say. :mellow:

Last edited:
Back