Price reasonable for swap?-> my car issue.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

heh I'm not that financially stable for me to own 2 cars, and have one preped for race. But i love honda's and teh way they feel, and believe me anything i do to the car..even stiffer springs..will make it more comfortable...my suspension is f*ked up .. not from me..from the last owner who used cheap springs.
Your .02 cents are good though.

heh I'm not that financially stable for me to own 2 cars, and have one preped for race. But i love honda's and teh way they feel, and believe me anything i do to the car..even stiffer springs..will make it more comfortable...my suspension is f*ked up .. not from me..from the last owner who used cheap springs.
Your .02 cents are good though.
then get yourself a really good set of coilovers and shocks. something you can adjust on race days and then back for daily driving. there are a couple other options. if you decide to go b-series and then turbo it, i would suggest that you keep the d-series available for when (not if) something happens. learning how to do a swap should be the minimum of your technical abilities. and learn how to change the tranny and clutch also. don't worry about building a block and all that yet, but you need to know how to get a d series in there overnight in case something happens.

I have a guy who knows how to switch d-series quick, and he will always be willing to work with me for free, and he can instruct me too. But swaping the motor should be the easier of all the other stuff, you're right. Thanks for all the help so far too, this forum can be a bitch sometimes with the flaming but atleast you get your facts straight and are actually helping heh. On honda-acura forums all they do is flame on bs things that don't have anything to do with my topic.. some kid told me to go learn more after i said i don't like non-vtec b-series blocks.. i didn't say they suck, or rock. i said i dislike them.. and he preceeds to tell me i'm an idiot.

normally i am a dick. but sometimes i just get the feeling that i should help. 2 years ago i posted all tech but now the noobs are getting stupid with the questions. you posted something that makes sense and is actually in english. i'm more willing to help when someone actually cares what is said.

heh i know, you weren't feeling like helping on my civic/240sx post =P
but then again, i had no idea wth i was talking about. i really should have considered the fact that i would've needed a dd car to build the 240sx.. but that's for a discussion when i actually get a 240 heh.. for now i'll just drive my friends. I always care what people say, it's just sometimes they post like a dick when my question is actually legit..and has nothign to do with what they are posting.

i do have the urge to be named borat atleast once though.

Last edited:
well, a lot of times people will be a dick if they don't know the answer or the noob is being a douche. i'll answer all the 240 questions you want. i'll answer all the honda questions i can to. just don't be dumb like some of the noobs and you will learn quickly. it's just shit like, "shood i git a zc or k-series for my 88 crx. i want vtech and have $25k to spend". that shit gets annoying.

haha, i try to explain myself as thoroughly as I can, there's still MUCH i don't know, but I try to handle it as profesionally as possible, Since there's only so much research that could be done in one day, i try to get informed before i ask questions like: "what does a vtech do and can it increase my tourqe?" heh.

OH wtfh.. my mom's b/f just called me n said he got me a car, 94 integra GSR.. with a new gsr motor.. for 3500.. i wana slap someone... slap me instead.. call me borat. I am about to get a new toy.. i think. I have to check it out first ofcoarse.. but if it's good i'ma hump on it.
he's a car dealer, so i still have to cough up the 3.5k, but still, i'm thinking of getting it if it is clean, and accident free/ no oil leaks, so forth.

Anyone want to buy a honda civic =)?

Last edited:
get the gsr if you can. put another $1000 into suspension/wheels/tires and call it good. don't blow the motor if it's new. maybe i/h/e and a really good tune and call it good.

UPDATE:
My dealer friend just picked up a 94 integra GSR with a new GSR motor in it, it's cheap and if i sell my car i'd be making money on the deal, so i told the owner of the shop that i am probably switching to the GSR if it turns out right.

Ok so the guy got back to me and to build the GSR motor here's what it will cost/include

CP or Eagle low-comp Pistons~500$
^ turbo Rods~400$
sleeved~1500$
total for motor build~2490$

Turbo(g30 garrett, the other components)~3900$

Install of motor&turbo~ 1100$

Chipped ECU & Tuning ~300$

Total: $7,500...

That's what he told me. and good for ~320hp (NOT WHP)

I'm thinking of going all motor, since it will be a better choice for autoX and the turbo is not NEEDED ..but very wanted heh. Still, that's a shitload of money for that turbo, everything else is reasonable i think, let me know your new input.

btw if i go turbo i get to keep my a/c

lemmie know what you think.

get the gsr if you can. put another $1000 into suspension/wheels/tires and call it good. don't blow the motor if it's new. maybe i/h/e and a really good tune and call it good.

Heh, i don't blow motors, i drive em gently when DD.

Yo, Get the fucking gsr engine and the typeR conversion kit for less! I bought my out of Japan with about 30,000 miles and i paid for shipping and everything and it all added up to about 4,500-5,000 for the full install. I did my swap with my bro and 2 of his friends and the swap from d series to b18 gsr engine was easy but cramped with some engine mounts all around. I got all with the engine ecu, axels, wiring harness, shift linkage, transmission. Everything and low miles! Thats a fucking deal! If i get a type R conversion i will be pushing 350 - 450 h.p. With all of the mods on my car iv'e got one of the fastest honda's in Palatine, IL. Besides my bro's friends 93 hatch. L8er

Last edited:
Yo, Get the fucking gsr engine and the typeR conversion kit for less! I bought my out of Japan with about 30,000 miles and i paid for shipping and everything and it all added up to about 4,500-5,000 for the full install. I did my swap with my bro and 2 of his friends and the swap from d series to b18 gsr engine was easy but cramped. I got all with the engine ecu, axels, wiring harness, shift linkage, transmission. Everything and low miles! Thats a fucking deal! If i get a type R conversion i will be pushing 350 - 450 h.p. With all of the mods on my car iv'e got one of the fastest honda's in Palatine, IL. Besides my bro's friends 93 hatch. L8er
wtf is an "ITR conversion"? and a fully tuned ITR wont have 350 hp. i'm confused here. oh and 4500 for a gsr swap that you have to install is a rip off. you can get a full swap from hmotorsonline.com for $3100 shipped.

I'm probably just going to go all motor, or put a small turbo on it.

Yo, The GSR engine is a naturally aspirated engine, Besides the fact it's fast with out the turbo. Don't install the turbo! You get the type R conversion then your car will be pushing 100-200h.p. more. Because it comes with push rods, pistons, rocker arms, rings, cams everything the whole set. If i did it to my car i will be making about 350 - 400 h.p. With all the stuff on my car. My gsr engine ratio is 12:1 and that is to high compression for a turbo and i gaurantee you it will blow up your engine! I know it for a fact. Get the type r conversion and put intake, exhaust, pullies, clutch, Mugen cams and B and M short shifter, and a Apexi V-afc 2 V-tech controller to tune your engine and take out the power steering. Then your engine will be fast as fuck. Don't bother with a turbo it's a waste of time. Go naturally aspirated it will be sick! get_nick, read about the gsr and untill then STFU! Because clearly you don't now anything about the gsr engine, besides its fast. L8er Meshca

Last edited:
Yo, The GSR engine is a naturally aspirated engine, Besides the fact it's fast with out the turbo. Don't install the turbo! You get the type R conversion then your car will be pushing 100-200h.p. more. Because it comes with push rods, pistons, rocker arms, rings, cams everything the whole set. If i did it to my car i will be making about 350 - 400 h.p. With all the stuff on my car. My gsr engine ratio is 12:1 and that is to high compression for a turbo and i gaurantee you it will blow up your engine! I know it for a fact. Get the type r conversion and put intake, exhaust, pullies, clutch, Mugen cams and B and M short shifter, and a Apexi V-afc 2 V-tech controller to tune your engine and take out the power steering. Then your engine will be fast as fuck. Don't bother with a turbo it's a waste of time. Go naturally aspirated it will be sick! get_nick, read about the gsr and untill then STFU! Because clearly you don't now anything about the gsr engine, besides its fast. L8er Meshca
if you think you get 100-200 from putting itr pistons and cams into a gsr, you're an idiot. oh yeah, i can already tell you're an idiot because you spell vtec with an "h" at the end of it. i'm sure i know a shitload more about hondas than you, but i dont' care about that. don't try to roast me noob. i'll own you.

Hey, No I'm no idiot because they even say it willm, So you look it up before you talk shit! I bought and customized my own B18c gsr Japanese engine. My car is know producing 250 hp and that is with out the type r conversion and no turbo which by the way is stupid for a naturally aspirated engine like the (gsr B18c). If you get the type r conversion it will produce another 100-200 hp. Don't tell me i'm a fucking idiot because the type r conversion does that. Research before you talk shit ! If you ask anybody with that conversion they will say it produce's that h.p. Don't talk shit unless you have researched it! It come's with a whole set not just that, It come's with cams, pistons, rocker arms, everything.

HONDAS DON'T HAVE FUCKING PUSH RODS
What you means to say are connecting rods, gsr don't come at 12:1
and no fucking stock gsr puts out 200 hp

Back