Project del Sol - Part 2!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not trying to be a dick, but i told you. you draw attention from ricers because they see a "project car". if you had it painted a factory color and stock ride height, they probably wouldn't have looked at it.

unless of course it was someone who knows you or knows of you.

My mom says most likely it's someone that lives in our apartment building. We've only lived here for about a week now.

She said she saw a couple of spanish young guys eyeing my car.

where was it stolen from?

The apartment building I live in.

The bad thing is my parking spot is EXACTLY in front my the 3 windows in my home. I have no clue how I didn't heard them. If I had an alarm I would of heard them in seconds. I actually go to work early in the morning like around 3am so they must of took the car about an hour prior to that because the cops found them about 7 minutes away from my home.

so i'm guessing you dont' have any security at all then huh? no alarm, nothing

you got off easy. that could have been a hard lesson learned.

1) alarm
2) fuel cut off switch
3) wheel lock cable

Don't worry the Sol is all secured now! I got an alarm and killswitches, something I should of been had =/

Anyway I'm thinking about getting the Delly a real paintjob soon so I wanted to see how white would look on it, so I did a little work on the front bumper and lip!

1213000932.jpg

Looks good, but what's with the gaps around the headlights and fenders?

I need both driver's side and passenger side fenders. When the idiots stole it then pushed it into a pole or something while trying to push start it and dented the passenger side fender up. I used a hammer to knock it out just so my wheels wont rub. So it needs to be replaced

The drivers side however is slightly cracked, I got the car that way. That also needs to be replaced.

Also the passenger side headlight is completely broken off the tabs thanks to the idiot thieves. It's being held in by the hood and bumper. So now I'm looking for a pair of stock headlights and corners since they light up the road better than these aftermarket ones.

Finally got the front auxilary lights I've been trying to find. Got it from a local guy who was selling his del Sol shell. I convinced him to let me buy a few parts from him.

Also got a mint rear mount from him.

1218001559.jpg

1218001457.jpg

Painted my hood yesterday. And also forgot to mention I got my ECU chipped on Saturday. The B20 runs so much smoother now. Crispy throttle response and even added 2 Step and a anti theft code to it.

1219001319a.jpg

From bumper was a little dirty from sanding and washing it off.

got the turbogixxer special i heard.... did you just do a street tune for now, or was it on the dyno? i bet its a lot nicer to drive either way.

got the turbogixxer special i heard.... did you just do a street tune for now, or was it on the dyno? i bet its a lot nicer to drive either way.

He just chipped it and gave me a basemap. But the basemap he gave me was from a person who had the exact same setup as me. B20 with P8R head and LS Tranny.

All in all it runs much better than it did before with the stock LS P75.

I actually got my first run in last night. Went at it with a EK coupe with a Lsvtec with a built head and ls tranny. I beat him by a car length surprisingly.

the average car takes about 6 to 8 cans of flat to get a nice even coat.

i have done far too many of them.
the first car i ever rattled flat black was in hs, i had never seen a car done in primer, in my area, im not claiming to be an og of the trend (but i may be, lol) before mine, but saw plenty after.
when i did mine, you couldnt tell it was rattle can. everything was even and no runs, etc. i had people ask what shop painted it, and i told them it was done at home, they paid me to do theirs too.
easy money.

Rattle can job may not look the best but it does look better than the color it was before lol

This is just temporary until I decide to have it painted professionally. After all it is tax time ;)

Back