Project del Sol - Part 2!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that thing looks pretty rough on the outside the suspension makes it worth the buy and the b20 should make it a ton of fun.

Update!!!

Sooo today my mom asked me why do I have this non-running piece of shit in her driveway :(

So that motivated me to finish up this project and show her wtf a del Sol should look like :)

I haven't worked on this sucker in a few days since it was raining so I open the door and saw a big mess.

SDC11480.jpg

SDC11481.jpg

Soo start taking everything out and used my moms super vacuum!

SDC11487.jpg

And I found a few quarters in the process :)

SDC11482.jpg

Any here she is as clean as i could get it without sweating my balls off.

SDC11486.jpg

SDC11485.jpg

And then got some of the interior back in and called it a day.

SDC11488.jpg

SDC11491.jpg

Tomorrow I'm painting the remaining panels black, and swapping over my del Sol seats, steering wheel, and a/c!

Also gonna do some painting in the engine bay and put the bumper and fenders back on.

Still waiting for a tranny so I can yank this damn motor in already.

Update!!!

Integra Brakes!

SDC11448.jpg

get those off and do do the recommendation already stated..
get some brembo blanks.
you may have good luck with these, but me personally, i wouldnt wait til one cracks to get new ones, id do it soon. because, you may get the failure that results in more damage than usual, or lock up a wheel and leave you stranded on the side of the road.

safety first.

really? i had brembo crossdrilled rotors on my old DA for 6 years of hard driving with no problems.

you had brembo. these are most likely ebay parts.

almost forgot about this thread, didnt realize i hadnt subscribed.
looks good so far.
but, why swap over the seats and such before the motor is running?

Update!!!

Small update coming your way!

SDC11500f.jpg

I sorted out the "tucked" wiring madness I had on the drivers side. I got all the wires reconnected and fixed properly.

SDC11507.jpg

Just have the headlight wire and the A/C harness sticking out.

SDC11508.jpg

I also took out my A/C out the other Sol and put it in the new one. I just need to take off the compressor now and the harness.

SDC11509.jpg

SDC11510.jpg

Tomorrow I'm picking up a LS tranny. Only thing I really need now is a LS Bracket and Intake Manifold. This thing is gonna undergo heart surgery soon!

Update!!!

I picked up my tranny today :) It's a popo LS but at least I can get the damn car running.

Just need to get a clutch and the LS bracket so I can at least drop the motor in. Then I'll only need a few misc parts to get it started.

SDC11511.jpg

Are new tires on your list as well? Those things look pretty beat...

Subscribed, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!

question, on a scale of 1 to 10. how hard would this be for a newbie?

Back