project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Take the braket off, come down here, and I'll weld a bolt head to the stripped bolt, then you can remove the bolt, and put a new one on.

welp, worked on the manifold issue today....

still not sure that its fixed.

taped everythign off to keep the metal shavings out of the block and stuff.

DSC00971.JPG

DSC00975.JPG

#4 all cleaned up

DSC00972.JPG

DSC00974.JPG

#1 all cleaned up

DSC00973.JPG

all back together

DSC00976.JPG

DSC00977.JPG

tuened her on, ran again... still smoking. :( but, i did clean it off with some brake cleaner to get the carbon off the head. and since i don't have an altenator at the moment, i couldn't let it run for more than a min.
it is DEF a lot less smoke than before... and it appears to be coming out the side of #1 instead of the top of 2&3, so... maybe after i have power, i can let it rnu longer, and burn off the cleaner and soot thats left over, and see for real if i did good, or if project pissedoffsol has yet again got the best of me.

after that, i just did some cleaning up and misc stuff.

put some hose clamps on my mani and boost C

DSC00978.JPG

the interior, is still a fucking disater zone

DSC00980.JPG

that's it for today... :(

7 hours.

thats all i got done.

i hate cars.

few stupid questions...

#1, do you have the gasket on correctly?

#2. Have you checked the head to make sure its level?

1- its a brand new gasket- and it only fits one way... i tried both.
2- i don't have a tool to do so, so no

if you wanna come down towards me, i have a granite stone at work and can check it. Or I'll be working in bloomfield coming up soon and can grab it one day from ya. I swear I won't test fit it... ;)

This just in... FEMA declairs Brian's car a disaster area and diverts funds to support the rebuilding process.

well, hot damn.

she runs.

0 codes.
0 leaks.

stupid fucking insane.

mind you, i don't have the fuel pump in yet (stock pump, rc 750s, hondata are in) and im not tuned, so i was taking it easy.

about 1/3 throttle at BEST, probably more like 1/4, and about 5 psi MAX, and about 5200 rpm MAX... the thing is just stupid insane.

2nd gear downshift- spools the turbo.

5th gear, 1500 rpms, 1/2 throttle, 4 psi by 1800-ish.

lag this.

tomorrow- re-tighten the alt tensioner- (she started squeeling on the way home)
install walbro 255lph hp
start/maybe finish welding up the cat-back 3"
thurs/friday, wiring... finishing the interior/guages and such...

saturday, while some of you folks are in VT, i'll be on the phone with Jeff to make an apopintment to tune this biotch.

sunday, make a check to cash for $500 for Mike to keep on hand, to bail my ass out of jail.
this car is going to get me in a LOT of trouble.

:)
1/4 throttle

ohh yeah... she holds idel fine.. a couple loops here and there... maybe some air in the coolant..? fan kicks on and off correctly...
holds idel at about 950 rpms

and all you hear is fucking weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
even running open downpipe.

the tial BOV sounds stupid inasane.

when the wastegate opens, its like OMG IM DEAF

and it runs hot... you could feel the heat coming in the heater vents...

and then, i realized i had the heater on.

lol

when it's fully tuned, and broken in and such, your going to hook us up with a video right?

Brian, I'm so glad to hear this. :)

That weeee will go away when you have a full exhaust.

Now do you see why I hate open wastegates? You'll hate the headaches from carbon monoxide poisoning even more... Get it routed in, man...

I demand you come up for a weekend as soon as you can.

Do you still want to sell it?

i might have a vid tomorrow. gotta charge my camera battery and find a tape :) tuned? gotta set that up with Jeff Evans...
broken in? bullshit. drive it like you stole it.... or break it in on the dyno. i don't beleive in this 1000 mile bullshit.

if the weeeeeeee is going to go away with an exahust, i don't want one. lol

it was fun. real fun. Neon Mike had a bigger hard on than i did i think :)

:eek: ITS ABOUT TIME B!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:burnout: :driver: :tpp: :toot: :beer: :thumbsup:

Wal-Mart ladies.........WATCH OUT!!!!!! :ph34r:

Back