project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 4 2004, 10:11 PM
honestly, i don't care :shrug2:

you can do 34234 swaps, parts or whatever. its not a race. fuck it.

I'm so confused... lol. Is the Sol done except for tuning it?

I guess I forgot to mention the the point I wanted to get across.....I didn't do all those swap's, or parts changes all by myself....

But I enlisted the help of everyone...and one way or another...we got the shit done...

Granted...I didn't have a chance to swing up there and knock the Sol out, but if it had the chance to get down here when I had room, I'm sure we could have thrown a finishing party for it....get the shit together, have fun doing it, and chill.

But...even if it is not here, we can still do it up there, or at a shop somewhere....

Just make a list of what still needs to be done, the tools required, and beer preferences......

Hrmmm.....how about a dyno-party??? :ph34r:

And it's not a race to get it done...but it needs to get done so we can race B)

110 octane baby... Up to 6.5psi right now... Still gotta find where that damn oil smell is coming from though... :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 7 2004, 10:07 AM
110 octane baby... Up to 6.5psi right now... Still gotta find where that damn oil smell is coming from though... :)

Thats it?

Get some turbo blue > 116Octane Leaded babeeeeeeeeeeeeee, on tap about 5 miles from my house...hehe

leaded? Have fun with that.

b, the only problem with people suggesting helicoils and stuff like that, I would be scared to weaken the end tanks on the radaitor and cause leaks.

Steve! Where are you gettin 116?!?!? I haven't found anybody... i bought the 110 at the gulf station in bloomfield, and a gas station near me has 110 at the pump, but no 116.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Jun 7 2004, 03:27 PM
Steve! Where are you gettin 116?!?!? I haven't found anybody... i bought the 110 at the gulf station in bloomfield, and a gas station near me has 110 at the pump, but no 116.

THe garage I used to get my turbo blue is the distributor for LVD. :) Roll up in the back, they'll pump it out of the drum into your car, or into your container. Its in burlington...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 7 2004, 10:01 PM
hollands garage is the CT dist. of race gas.
rte 4, burlington

correct and for LVD :)

Locally its $4.30 for 110... A guy i know buys 116 by the 55 gallon drum and pays $250 for that.

welp, she's still dead, and most likely will not be making the meet.

:(

i fixed the fan tonight though...

here's the old melted fal...

DSC01007.JPG

DSC01008.JPG

the downpipe remnets of the fan

DSC01010.JPG

test fitting the autozone pusher-style on the front:

DSC01009.JPG

all back together--- zip tied for now. i have no more brackets left, and all the harware stores are closed.... it'll hold for now.

DSC01011.JPG

rear shot

DSC01012.JPG

top shot

DSC01013.JPG

yeah, its a little crooked, but everything clears this way- INCLUDING my hood.

I replaced the 15A fuse, turned the car on to see if i could get it to warm up to make sure it would kick on...

sure enough, popped the damn fuse before my revs even settled to 900.

walbro sucks.
that, or my car sucks.

its proabably a little of both.

remember the Carbon fiber brackets I was mentioning making...hehe...swing by real early and we can make one or two... ;)

Ohhh well...

Back