q6600 up to 3.6GHz

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i had it at 445x9. it ran identical really. so its hit it, but its no where near stable, it would run super pi, but thats it. the second i ran the prime test, it failed lol. so no 4GHz yet. not until i get it under water to keep the temps under control. temps were about 77.77.68.68 at the end of my 12+hr prime session on only 3.6GHz (400x9). but i was fighting so hard with this thing before to hit 3.6, and not its a cake walk lol

my FSB wall is around 475-480. i couldnt boot past that. not sure if its the CPUs limit or the MB, doesnt matter much though lol.

and yea im still on the zalman 9700NT. ill probably move to watercooling in the future.

Wow. Maybe I'll sell mine and get a 45nm quad. ;) I've been too lazy- haven't even put the water back into my base yet. One of my buddies did give me a monster Thermaltake case though, so after I get everything transferred over, I'll be overclocking again. The case is HUGE! It makes my current full tower look tiny.

fuck yeah, ive been trying to get my hands on one. its a rebadged lian-li and those things are usually money, worth it too.

This is the one he gave me:

Newegg.com - Thermaltake Xaser VI VG4000SWA Silver / Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

11-133-054-08.jpg

It's HUGE!

Back