Red Sox...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Oct 17 2003, 03:26 PM
i hear this same shit every year that the yankees play the sox in the playoffs and the yankees win. pedro was doing good against the yankees, he was pitching 90+ mph pitches. I think Grady wanted Pedro to work his way out of trouble, LIKE ALL TEAMS DO!!!! on that note, Yankees did it in game six, when Herdia walked one batter to load the bases, then Torre kept him in to work his way out of it and Heredia walked in the go-ahead run. MAYBE if Torre took Heredia out, they wouldnt of gone ahead.....So you could say that torre gave the sox game 6....(by keeping a ok pitcher in to walk in the leading run, then all hell broke loose) Yankees lost game 6 by a DUMB mistake by keeping Heredia in then bringing in White (two not so good relievers).

But everyone can go back and forth, back and forth alllll year about it, but what done is done. i guess you could say it was just luck that the red sox lost....or was it a curse....

no, again, you have no clue what your talking about. Torre DID NOT leave Heradia in ther to "work out his problems" He played the number sand percentages like any good manager should. He left heradia in because Damon is a lefty. Damon has not played well in the series, has struck out his share, and had not faired well against Heradia in the past. That was a good at bat for damon, and a good job of playing the numbers by Torre. Baseball is a game of numbers and stats. You can't deny it and as a manager your expected to follow those numbers to a T. Torre did it, and it was the very rare time that it bit him in the ass. Little ignored it and is a clear example of why you HAVE to play the percentages. Interesting stat for you. When pedro throws more than 105 pitches in a game, he is 3-11 as a red sox player......Look at last nights game when did all the hits just seem to start falling the way of the Yankees? oh lets see at 109 pitches......coincidence? I don't think so......

man i love you red sox fans, always calling us yankee fans dumb, retarded, stupid, assholes...blah blah blah. i guess whatever WE think is
broght over from other post....cuz i feel like it.

dumb, youre right, oh so right. im gonna let you go with this one. But i will say this, the game was not handed to them. I dont care that im not as "all knowing" (you make it seem that way) tha tyou are, maybe cuz im a yankees fan, but just cuz you know more than i do, doesnt make me a stupid/dumb yankee fan. and either in this thread or in another you said if anyone thought the yankees were to come back is stupid, or something like that. I sat on the edge of my seat the whole time, its called faith. I had faith in them that they could pull it off. Dont you get the same way when the Red Sox are down? Or do you turn it off when they are losing cuz you only like it when they win?

man i love you red sox fans, always calling us yankee fans dumb, retarded, stupid, assholes...blah blah blah. i guess whatever WE think is dumb, youre right, oh so right. im gonna let you go with this one. But i will say this, the game was not handed to them. and either in this thread or in another you said if anyone thought the yankees were to come back is stupid, or something like that. I sat on the edge of my seat the whole time, its called faith. I had faith in them that they could pull it off. Dont you get the same way when the Red Sox are down? Or do you turn it off when they are losing cuz you only like it when they win?

I never said all yankees fans are dumb. I am talking about the arrogant ones that have no clue what they are talking about and jump on the bandwagon because they have been a winning franchise since 96.....

The game WAS handded to them. Lets break it down:

over 7 2/3 innings, pedro allows 3 hits, one a meatball to Giambi

1/3 inninng in the 7th, he allows a second meatball to Giambi, he is at 100 pitches, he is starting to tire, all res sox fans know it because this is the Pedro we come to see every start for 30 starts a year for the last 6 years, Red Sox nation pleads to take him out.

8th 1/3 inning, he induces a pop up to Nomar, scary at that point because we all know Pedro is about to start allowing alot of hits, he is now at 106 pitches. Take him out. oops, a flare double, now at 109 pitches. Grady comes out to the mound asks pedro what he thinks, Pedro says, i want to stay in. Grady says ok, and walks back. lookat that, another flare double, and another flare double, and another double, oh look that one was a single!!!

Timlin, embry comes in who is one fot he members who hasn't allowed a run all post season, comes in and strikes out the first batter. Timlin then comes in next (another member who hasn't allowed a run all post season) and gets the next batter to pop out. He stays in for another inning and the Yankees don't score another run till wake comesin after 1 1/3 and gives up a meatball.

so lets look at this again ,because I know your having a hard time excepting it. one of the Two pitchers comes into the game with runners at 2nd and third and gets the batter out. A second pitcher comes in that doesn't allow a run and walks the first man, but then induces another out, stranding runner at 2nd and third that Pedro was responsable for......

Yeah ,that sounds like the Yankees magically came thru in the clutch. More like the red sox manager made a stupid decision and handed them the game.....

ill give you that, the manager did make a dumb decision. happy? and yes i got the feeling you said i was a dumb yankee fan, cuz you did say that. i was broght up a yankees fan, i didnt really get into till like 94ish, when i was 10. granted i am only 19. fine, coaching blew it, pedro blew it. BUT, (here we go again) in every game, some one has to blow it eventually. Like if the score were to not change after Clemens let the sox score, however many it was, i could say he blew it. its all just a blame game. you can be mad at Grady, go ahead, but the game is done, id say the same thing if i were a red sox fan. And i would cuz i said that everytime the yankees lost a game, whats done is done... can we agree?

no, I am not happy since the Sox lost on a stupid decision. It compounds the matter when people think that it was inevitable that the Yankees would come back anyways....your right nothing is guaranteed, but there was a very high probability rate that the sox would go on to win that game if it weren't for Grady.....

I am still brooding form the loss which should have been a win.......I have no managerial experince, but I honestly believe because I watch so much baseball, that I probably copuld have managaed that game better than what he did, and I am usualy the first to jump on people who say that, because he is a manager for a reason ,and I am not. One of the cardinal rules of managing is, you always stick with the numbers..grady went on his gut, and it cost us......

if they were blown out, or the game went back and forth, or even if he had played the percentages and they still lost, I would have at least been able to sleep last night, but to give it up on such a stupid decision...you have to see my frustration at this point.

This thread needs to be locked until next October when the Red Sox lose again. And I don't think all these people are bandwagon Yankee fans, I just think they fucking hate the Red Sox.

Well, I am here to defend quicksi. The Sox won because of awful managing. Somebody mentioned having a pitcher work himself out of trouble, great point, but you don't do shit like that in the seventh game of the series. When you are in trouble you get out of it right there. The Yankee's did get hits, and I will give them that, but it was when Pedro was getting tired, as stated before. The Yankee's won because of a mistake, plain and simple. I am not trying take away from their victory. The capitalized on that mistake, and therefore they deserved it. Anyway, I agree with everything quicksi said as well.

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Oct 17 2003, 05:12 PM
This thread needs to be locked until next October when the Red Sox lose again. And I don't think all these people are bandwagon Yankee fans, I just think they fucking hate the Red Sox.

why should it be locked? because most Yankee fans can't come up witha valid argument why they actually won excpet having the grace of a tired Pedro Martinez in there?

Too bad Whitey Bulger is on the lamb because he would have had Grady killed for those screw ups.....

No, it needs to be locked because there is no point in you repsponding to everyone who says something bad about the red sux.

Not a baseball fan here, but I thought this seven game series was great for the NBA in general. It got so many more that the regular loyalist fans watching. It was the 7th game and both teams were tired, whether it was from playing or the stress. I don't believe in second guessing the team managers. And yes it was way too bad that the Cubs and the Red Sox didn't move on to the next round. Well that said, I post this humorously!

BOSTON RED SOX TO NEW YORK YANKEES
CONVERSION FORM

Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the New York Yankees Fan Club. Due to an unprecedented volume of requests, we are currently processing only fan conversion registrations for Boston Red Sox fans. Conversion requests from other teams will be accepted once all Red Sox requests are processed. We expect this to take a number of weeks based on the current backlog of requests.

Please take a few moments to fill out the conversion form below to help us get to know you better and prescribe any required counseling to recover from your previous fan experience.

Name: __________________________________________________________________
Last (Please Print) First MI
Address: _________________________________________________________________
# Street

1. Please indicate the last time you watched the Boston Red Sox win the World Series:
[ ] 1918 (Please leave this form at the front desk of your nursing home)
[ ] Have never witnessed this event
2. Please indicate your favorite moments in Red Sox history: (Check all that apply)
[ ] Babe Ruth sold to the Yankees
[ ] Pesky holds the ball as the Yankees score the winning run in ‘48
[ ] Bob Gibson shuts down the Sox in the ’67 series
[ ] Sox trade Sparky Lyle to the Yankees for Danny Cater
[ ] Big Red Machine beats the Sox in Game 7 of the ’75 Series
[ ] Sox lose 14 ½ game lead to the Yankees in ‘78
[ ] Bucky Dent homers in ’78 playoff game
[ ] Bob Stanley throws wild pitch in 6th game of ’86 Series
[ ] Grounder goes through Bill Buckner’s legs in the 6th game of ’86 Series
[ ] Future Hall of Famer Wade Boggs signs to play with the Yankees
[ ] Wade Boggs rides policeman’s horse after Yanks win ’96 Series
[ ] Future Hall of Famer Roger Clemens traded to the Yankees
[ ] Yanks wipe out Sox in five games in ’99 ALCS
[ ] Roger Clemens wins game 4 for the Yanks to clinch the ’99 Series
3. Reasons you believe the Sox have not won a World Series since 1918: (Check all that apply)
[ ] The curse of the Babe
[ ] Lack of Pitching
[ ] Lack of Hitting
[ ] Lack of Defense
[ ] Bad calls by Umpires
4. Have you experienced any of the following after another inevitable Red Sox loss: (Check all that apply)

[ ] Headache [ ] Uncontrolled Anger
[ ] Heartache [ ] Holes punched in doors or walls
[ ] Nausea [ ] Smashed TV screens
[ ] Depression [ ] Avoided Yankee fans for days or weeks

5. Is October your least favorite time of year? [ ] Yes [ ] No
6. Are you tired of saying “Wait till next year� [ ] Yes [ ] No

7. Are you ready to admit that:

a. Joe DiMaggio was better than Ted Williams? [ ] Yes [ ] No
b. Thurman Munson was better than Carlton Fisk? [ ] Yes [ ] No
c. Derek Jeter is better than Nomar Garciaparra? [ ] Yes [ ] No
d. Don Zimmer is a managerial genius? [ ] Yes [ ] No
e. The Sox next century will be no better than the last? [ ] Yes [ ] No
f. The “Green Monster†is ugly and stupid? [ ] Yes [ ] No
Once you have completed this form, please forward to Yankee Stadium. Then burn all your remaining Red Sox clothing, memorabilia, and associated reminders. After reviewing your request, the Yankee Fan Club will contact you with notification of acceptance or rejection.
If accepted, you will receive:

A recommended recuperation program which includes a recording of Frank Sinatra singing “New York, New York†over and over again
An opportunity to obtain tickets to the 2003 World Series at Yankee Stadium
Posters of Boggs and Clemens in Yankee uniforms wearing their championship rings
A dart board sporting a picture of Yaz
A copy of our popular handbook, “Harassing Red Sox Fans for Fun and Profitâ€
A coupon for a future poster of Pedro Martinez in a Yankee uniform
A one-year subscription to a weekly support group for ex-Red Sox fans in your area
If rejected, you will receive:
Our pity and condolences, plus a 26 second video capturing the past 100 years of Red Sox highlights in head-to-head competition against the Yankees narrated by George “Boomer†Scott.

I hereby renounce the Boston Red Sox for all eternity on this the ______ day of ________________, 200__

[ ] Declined George M. Steinbrenner III

SM

and why shouldn't I be allowed to respond to thiings being said that are bad against the Red Sox. That is the basis for a discusion. This is a message board, you leave a message for someone else to respond to. I thought this was common knowledge....well then again, you do root for the yankees so I guess your just a lemming like the rest of them.....

but I thought this seven game series was great for the NBA in general

Its Major
League
Baseball

not the National
Basketball
Association

I normally not one to second guess managers also, but not playing to your teams strength and not going by the numbers is crazy.......

and that form is horrible :(

Originally posted by quicksi@Oct 17 2003, 01:57 PM
but I thought this seven game series was great for the NBA in general

Its Major
League
Baseball

not the National
Basketball
Association

I normally not one to second guess managers also, but not playing to your teams strength and not going by the numbers is crazy.......

and that form is horrible :(

Sorry about the mixup on those acronyms Bill, further proof that I am not a sports fan.

That form was just a funny that got sent to me this morning by email. So you have one of those Red Sox/Jimmy Fund plates on your car yet? I've seen two on the highways so far. One was number 65.

And sorry that your hurting so much... :(

Originally posted by quicksi@Oct 17 2003, 12:53 PM
and why shouldn't I be allowed to respond to thiings being said that are bad against the Red Sox. That is the basis for a discusion. This is a message board, you leave a message for someone else to respond to. I thought this was common knowledge....well then again, you do root for the yankees so I guess your just a lemming like the rest of them.....

If you could fucking read, I've told you on numerous occasions that I am not a Yankees fan (just as you said I was a Rams fan, which was also wrong.) I was going for the Yankees simply because I don't like the Red Sox, the Yankees were just the lesser of two evils in this situation--if it was almost anyone else against the Yankees, I would have gone for the other team.

Any particular reason you don't like the Red Sox? Most people have a reason why they don't like a team and we all hate the Yankee's, because they win too damn much, and have way too much money.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Oct 17 2003, 10:52 AM
7. Are you ready to admit that:

a. Joe DiMaggio was better than Ted Williams? [ ] Yes [ ] No
b. Thurman Munson was better than Carlton Fisk? [ ] Yes [ ] No
c. Derek Jeter is better than Nomar Garciaparra? [ ] Yes [ ] No
d. Don Zimmer is a managerial genius? [ ] Yes [ ] No
e. The Sox next century will be no better than the last? [ ] Yes [ ] No
f. The “Green Monster” is ugly and stupid? [ ] Yes [ ] No

:bo:

And part of the reason I hate the Red Sox (other than it's my God-given duty as a Yankees fan :) ) is alot of the Red Sox fans who think the Red Sox are the bet team that ev4r existed, despite their decided lack of World Series victories. All they do is badmouth the Yankees, who, laughable payroll argument (now) or not (in the past), manage to come out over the Red Sox year in and year out. The Red Sox fans who are Red Sox fans just because they hate the Yankees. The "trendy-ness" of being a Red Sox fan (this obviously doesn't apply to the real fans, and you can tell them apart by the lack of constant sorrow in their voices).

:withstupid:

But hey, the curse is still at work, and Babe Ruth is lauging his ass off in his grave, that is what it all comes down too.

Back