San Diego is on fire.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nealo

I don't know if this is broadcasted around the U.S. ( I highly doubt it) But Northern San Diego is damn near on fire. The Indian Gambling reservations are threatened along with 8901230512 houses. It's just weird because I live in South South San Diego and I could smell the smoke which is burning about 30 miles north from where I live.

As B would say reason # 203582 why cali sucks. Damn Santa Ana Winds and Arsonists.

yea. i just heard that 2 people died trying to escape the flames in their car. why the hell dont they understand that when the fire dept. says you need to get out NOW!! that they mean it!

Originally posted by 87B16CRX@Oct 26 2003, 02:08 PM
because are world is full of the world evolves around me ignorant people

that is so fuckin true :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Oct 26 2003, 02:05 PM
yea. i just heard that 2 people died trying to escape the flames in their car. why the hell dont they understand that when the fire dept. says you need to get out NOW!! that they mean it!

They actually showed photage of the guy that lost his 2 kids in a car soon after he found out. He was on his knees in the dirt w/ his head down crying, this whole thing is really fucked up.

Originally posted by preluderjs+Oct 26 2003, 02:30 PM-->
rixXxceboy
@Oct 26 2003, 02:05 PM

They actually showed photage of the guy that lost his 2 kids in a car soon after he found out. He was on his knees in the dirt w/ his head down crying, this whole thing is really fucked up.

mang that fucking sucks :(

UPDATE!!: 12 people are dead so far.

I live in Linda vista, which is about 2 miles from one of the fires, I work about a mile from it. When i woke up this morning at 9:30, it was basically still dark outside because of the smoke. when i went to work it was just a huge dark cloud above the whole city, with fuckin ashes all over everything, just like snow. We ended up closing the shop at 1:00 PM because it was too hard to breath. My GF actually works on the street where one of the fires was at, so no work for her either today. They also just said on the news that the destruction count for houses is most likely well over 300.

This is crazy shit. i wanted to get some pics with the digicam, but i couldn't get the color of the sky really good. its just something you gotta see to believe.

im pretty sure its natural. its been hot and dry as hell down there for awhile now. lots of those fires are started by believe it or not, cars tail pipes dragging and shooting sparks.

Actually they were just talking about the one up here in the north and they said that they are thinking it was from a hunter who had fired a flare when he got lost. As for the other big fire down in Chula Vista that burned into Mexico, i have no idea.

They just said that in one of the fires they are estimating 325 homes destroyed, and there were about 4 big fires today. That is a rise of 25 homes in just 10 minutes, Damn

Originally posted by senate_9427@Oct 26 2003, 09:10 PM
Actually they were just talking about the one up here in the north and they said that they are thinking it was from a hunter who had fired a flare when he got lost. As for the other big fire down in Chula Vista that burned into Mexico, i have no idea.

They just said that in one of the fires they are estimating 325 homes destroyed, and there were about 4 big fires today. That is a rise of 25 homes in just 10 minutes, Damn

I heard he fired it forward instead of upward too. :roll:

Say it with me, B... "reason # 2134985765 why Cali sucks." Hey all you poor bastards in SD... remember alll your comments about how at least you don't have to deal with snow? Yeah, well, at least I don't have to deal with my shit getting roasted!

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Oct 26 2003, 10:31 PM
Say it with me, B... "reason # 2134985765 why Cali sucks." Hey all you poor bastards in SD... remember alll your comments about how at least you don't have to deal with snow? Yeah, well, at least I don't have to deal with my shit getting roasted!

dude ur in oregon now.

/hello and welcome to 364 days of non-stop rain :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 27 2003, 02:23 AM

dude ur in oregon now.

/hello and welcome to 364 days of non-stop rain :lol: :lol: :lol:

Open your mouth more... we love hearing you spew forth festering belches of wisdom of which you've given little to no thought.

I'm in Central Oregon. We get about 0.065" of rain a year because someone was smart enough to put up this big ass mountain range called the Cascades between us and the coast, keeping all the rain over in Portland and Seattle. I've been here since September 4th, and it's been between 60 and 75 every day, no clouds, no humidity, and a very pleasant light breeze. It rained a few times. I think the longer rain lasted about 15 minutes... It was crazy- I had almost forgot how to use my wipers. Oh yeah, and also... Here in Central Oregon, on top of the perfect weather, we don't have to deal with asshole smog refs because, guess what..? NO VEHICLE INSPECTION AT ALL! Haha! FU California and your draconian DMV laws!

San Diego is basically shut down today. Just about ALL schools are shut down (YAY for me). And all employers were encouraged to keep their workers at home.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Oct 26 2003, 08:49 PM
is this a natural fire or a arson fire?

It could be either but more than likely natural with as hot as it gets out west. Back a few years ago around Brunswick, (Just North of JAX and about 100 miles from me) someone who was a ranger or something was pissed off and threw down a cig and the marsh (yes a marsh) was so dried up that it started a fire. The sky was yellow and smokey where I lived 100 miles away so I know those of you that live closer are suffering. Its best to get your stuff and head on to somewhere outta of the fire zone so your lungs don't get contaminated and so you dont end up like those peeps who decided to wait until it was in their backyard.

Originally posted by civicgirlracer97+Oct 27 2003, 10:42 AM-->
Tonyd0821
@Oct 26 2003, 08:49 PM
is this a natural fire or a arson fire?

It could be either but more than likely natural with as hot as it gets out west. Back a few years ago around Brunswick, (Just North of JAX and about 100 miles from me) someone who was a ranger or something was pissed off and threw down a cig and the marsh (yes a marsh) was so dried up that it started a fire. The sky was yellow and smokey where I lived 100 miles away so I know those of you that live closer are suffering. Its best to get your stuff and head on to somewhere outta of the fire zone so your lungs don't get contaminated and so you dont end up like those peeps who decided to wait until it was in their backyard.

the one in san diego was caused by a fagot hunter who was lost in ramona and he started a signal fire to get rescued, he got rescued and already has a court date. but he should be put on display in san diego, so he can be stoned to death.

Back