Saturday's car shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 90 accord@Feb 22 2005, 12:12 PM
95 hardbody, king cab, v6 2wd :)

stock with a loud ass sterio in it :ph34r:
[post=464553]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah, ok. That engine is harder to mod. Do you have the LSD out back? Can I have your rear axle? :lol:

I'd go with a WRX over 350Z. As much as I love 2 seaters, I think I enjoyed myself while driving the Subie over the 350Z. Get a subie, better buy for the money, and a beater truck. You will be good to go :)

Originally posted by Havok@Feb 22 2005, 02:26 PM
I'd go with a WRX over 350Z.  As much as I love 2 seaters, I think I enjoyed myself while driving the Subie over the 350Z.  Get a subie, better buy for the money, and a beater truck.  You will be good to go :)
[post=464616]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah thats the route I'm think I'm going. Subie is having a good lease rate right now (I have never kept my cars for more than 2.5 years so I think I might lease the rex) this way, my payments are going to be stupid cheap ($305 right now a month for a new WRX) Which is a decrease from what I pay a month on my heep.

:)

I'd go with a more nicer car - but like I said, I have issues with spending over 30k for a car, especially when I can build my dream car for that price, and I don't want to spend more than 350/month on a car payment as I just don't see it being worth it. I work my ass off for my semimonthly paycheck and I'm not going to live for my ride...

leasing is stupid IMO. pay all that money to just give it back... i dunno...

Originally posted by 90 accord+Feb 22 2005, 01:39 PM-->
i wish it was lsd.. it has a peg leg <_<
[post=464622]Quoted post[/post]​

Mine too. I'm looking for an LSD rear end for mine...

pissedoffsol
@Feb 22 2005, 02:33 PM
leasing is stupid IMO. pay all that money to just give it back... i dunno...
[post=464654]Quoted post[/post]​

Sometimes leasing can work out in your favor... rarely, but sometimes. You can always get a sweet deal on the balloon payment at the end of the lease- it's just another opportunity for more negotiation.

Typically, leases are better when being used for a company vehicle. Otherwise, as Mike said.....the leaser usually ends up on the bad side of the deal.

leases make excellent company expenses

leases also work out well for some people that like high end cars, but are too dumb to work on them themselves...
it will actually work out to be LESS expensive to just lease the car than to go through the actual ownership process

but this is assuming you take your car to the dealer for every bit of work from oil change to major maint...

normal people get FUCKED on leases...
royally i might add... and watch out for those mileage terms...
its like a free hooker yea, but then you end up paying in the long run cause you got herpes...

Originally posted by Oscar Mayer+Feb 22 2005, 01:26 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 22 2005, 12:15 PM
what happened to the 350z?
[post=464496]Quoted post[/post]​

I test dorve the Z on Saturday, and honestly, I fell in love with it. But then I figured I'd have to buy another car for the winter which for what I want is another 5k or keep the heep. So I moved onto a truck (I test drove the new Frontier) which was completely bad ass. I am still looking however as I am not sure if I can commit to a truck like Jeef has. I honestly miss heading up to LVD :( And I thought with the Z that if I am goign to spend 30k+ on a car that I would rather buy my Cobra kit car and build it from the ground up. NO better way to fall inlove with a car than to build one yourself.

So I am currently in limbo as to which route I want to do. If I purchase the WRX then I will be buying a beater pickup to haul shit around in (2g's or less...like bill's s10) or if I buy the Frontier, then I don't know what I will do for a fun car...

Cars suck period. They are such a waste of money, but god damn are they fun. :)
[post=464572]Quoted post[/post]​

Commiting to a truck is cool but it kind of sucks at the same time. I really need to buy a beater car because driivng a big truck all the time sucks. Other than the extra gas $$$, tight parking lots are a lot of fun. I got trapped at work yesterday because some dumb cunt parked too far out in her spot so she was stickng half way in the lot and the cars on the side of me were to close so I couldn't get out. Pissedoffjeef.

keep the Heep, get a trailer, and get a sweet car. Like you said before keep the payments down. B's pmt on his STI are more than my mortgage and property tax.

Originally posted by Oscar Mayer+Feb 22 2005, 01:26 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Feb 22 2005, 12:15 PM
what happened to the 350z?
[post=464496]Quoted post[/post]​

I test dorve the Z on Saturday, and honestly, I fell in love with it. But then I figured I'd have to buy another car for the winter which for what I want is another 5k or keep the heep. So I moved onto a truck (I test drove the new Frontier) which was completely bad ass. I am still looking however as I am not sure if I can commit to a truck like Jeef has. I honestly miss heading up to LVD :( And I thought with the Z that if I am goign to spend 30k+ on a car that I would rather buy my Cobra kit car and build it from the ground up. NO better way to fall inlove with a car than to build one yourself.

So I am currently in limbo as to which route I want to do. If I purchase the WRX then I will be buying a beater pickup to haul shit around in (2g's or less...like bill's s10) or if I buy the Frontier, then I don't know what I will do for a fun car...

Cars suck period. They are such a waste of money, but god damn are they fun. :)
[post=464572]Quoted post[/post]​

Get a truck if you have plans for getting a fixer-upper-house down the road.....

Scrap the shelby or build it...IMO...building up an old Z is just as fun as a shelby....I'm leaning toward the Lotus Seven when I build a car up from the ground....and keep the Heep if it's running the way it should. Cars will be a dime a dozen after you get a house.....And arn't you supposed to have been married already???? any plans yet for a house?

After sorting out my situation...it will be a beater or a half way decent truck down the road when I get my payments and bills sorted, The daily driver will be a few beater cars that will cost more to insure than to buy, and I'll have the race built cars to play with while I'm taking a break from rebuilding a house......

I'm starting to wish for a day that I don't have a project to do.... :(

Congrats to the guys playing with and getting new car's.....one of these day's I might get one......but it won't be for a while...

And welcome to HondaSwap.....where we discuss what cars to swap too when we get tired of old honda's :lol:

Originally posted by Airjockie@Feb 22 2005, 07:34 PM
Get a truck if you have plans for getting a fixer-upper-house down the road.....

Scrap the shelby or build it...IMO...building up an old Z is just as fun as a shelby....I'm leaning toward the Lotus Seven when I build a car up from the ground....and keep the Heep if it's running the way it should. Cars will be a dime a dozen after you get a house.....And arn't you supposed to have been married already???? any plans yet for a house?

[post=464792]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm no longer engaged or together with Abbie. We broke up last July.

As for the lease. I am tired of being upside down on a car note, the only time I haven't been was when I traded my Si in for my heep. Car's depreciate way to fast and I am not throwing down 10k for a downpayment to try and maintain that balance.

A lease option is much better now a days that you can break the lease anytime you want. Nissan, Subaru, Honda, etc. don't penalize for breaking a lease early. And I always work on my own car, saves me money and gives me self-satisfaction. I don't drive all that much now (I think I've put on 4k miles since I've moved back to Bristol, where as before I was driving 4k miles every two months). I like the Rex, I test drove one about a year ago and it was a blast to drive, so we'll see what happens. Although the Frontier is slowly becoming more and more enticing as it is much more suitable to my needs...

Car buying sucks.

not at all.

i'm 2 months shy of 25. that means 9 years i've had my license.

i've owned:
94 j-body z24
94 eh6
93 s13
92 EH2
and now the 05 sti.

3 of which, are still in my posession.
the z24 got totaled out by some douchebag who rear ended me.
the s13 got traded to corie for the hatch.
i've had the sol since the z24 got smashed.

on average, thats less than 1 car every 2 years.

Originally posted by Oscar Mayer@Feb 23 2005, 07:11 AM

I'm no longer engaged or together with Abbie. We broke up last July.

As for the lease. I am tired of being upside down on a car note, the only time I haven't been was when I traded my Si in for my heep. Car's depreciate way to fast and I am not throwing down 10k for a downpayment to try and maintain that balance.

A lease option is much better now a days that you can break the lease anytime you want. Nissan, Subaru, Honda, etc. don't penalize for breaking a lease early. And I always work on my own car, saves me money and gives me self-satisfaction. I don't drive all that much now (I think I've put on 4k miles since I've moved back to Bristol, where as before I was driving 4k miles every two months). I like the Rex, I test drove one about a year ago and it was a blast to drive, so we'll see what happens. Although the Frontier is slowly becoming more and more enticing as it is much more suitable to my needs...

Car buying sucks.
[post=465016]Quoted post[/post]​

Holey News to me....Batman...Sorry to hear about Abbie...

I was looking at a Frontier...bad ass truck...just out of my price range.. :(

ITs okay. It was for the better. But I'd rather talk about that subject in PM.

As for the Frontier...it is a badass mid-size. 4.0ltr 265 hp, Nismo Off-Road Package (32" Tires, Oil, Tranny, Steering Skid Plates) with the Utility Bed Package (FACTORY Spray in bed liner, utility track, extended bed thingy) 5Spd Auto, 6disc CD Changer that plays MP3, etc etc.

I get a discount through Nissan (actually, I get a discount at basically any car manufacturer except honda and subaru) so the sticker was 27,xxx. I am able to pick it up for 22,900.

I have my test drive of the Suby at 5pm with the hottie tonight so thats going to be my deciding factor...

hey B, how much is your monthly payment on that, if ya dont mind telling. i dont know if you already posted it, but i dont wanna read 9 pages to look.
NM, i jst looked. i was wondering becase i just found out that i am gonna move into a house with my friend and will only pay 200 a month for rent. so that saves me 300 right there every month, plus i will be getting 300 a mmonth from the Marines. Hmmm, i am tempted

Back