Saturday's car shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I hate you Brian. You bought my car before me. :( I dunno if I will buy an STi, but it will def. be a blue WRX.

I'm sorry, I have HOUSE payments to make....So, let's look at the statistics:
House + WRX > Sti + basement :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 22 2005, 11:34 AM
wrx's suck.
:)
[post=464453]Quoted post[/post]​

You are making payments on a WRX :)

I'm test driving a rex tomorrow...with Ms. Gomez who used to work at Manchester Honda...soooooooooooooooooooooooo hot...want to touch the heiny...(She works at schaller now)

Yes!!!!

I am heading on spring brake in a week and a half. My freind who I bought my integra from, and then stripped it for all it was worth, now wants to buy my car when he heard I was selling it. Works out great. That means that I will only have to take out a $1000 or so loan (I have been saving money for a while) so now I WILL have my scoobie.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 22 2005, 11:59 AM
Yes!!!!

I am heading on spring brake in a week and a half.
[post=464479]Quoted post[/post]​

The last thing you need is a BREAK from school, lol. Congrats on the subie, tho.

Originally posted by Havok@Feb 22 2005, 11:59 AM
What's your daily driver now, Steve?

Me thinks you need a blue '00 Si again. :)
[post=464478]Quoted post[/post]​

98 Heep Wranglerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I miss my car...only when it was supercharged though :(

Originally posted by senate_9427+Feb 22 2005, 03:40 AM-->
BTW thats f'ed up that they dont want people swapping the wheels like that. Its not like they will lose cash if people do it.
[post=464365]Quoted post[/post]​

Why? Subaru isn't selling wheels to the aftermarket. There's a good reason why they swapped the lug patterns- the new 17x8 wheels probably won't clear the fenders/suspension on the 94 STi.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 22 2005, 07:47 AM
for the record, mine doesn't have gold wheels- it has silver :D so that stock photo is not right.
[post=464394]Quoted post[/post]​

Very cool. Yours looks just like Hugh's then- blue with silver wheels.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Feb 22 2005, 10:06 AM
lol, pretty soon, all of the mods and admins will be driving non hondas. Hopefully in 2 weeks I will have my scoobie
[post=464435]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm already driving a Nissan pickup. :) I think I'm too deep into the Civic to let it go though- but you never know...

Oscar Mayer
@Feb 22 2005, 10:48 AM
I'm test driving a rex tomorrow...with Ms. Gomez who used to work at Manchester Honda...soooooooooooooooooooooooo hot...want to touch the heiny...(She works at schaller now)
[post=464465]Quoted post[/post]​

Take pictures? :lol:

Originally posted by Havok@Feb 22 2005, 12:15 PM
Steve had a 350Z? Or are you talking to me?
[post=464499]Quoted post[/post]​

no, we was looking at a Z, not a wrx.

nice B! yes, my stock advans fucking suck ass in the snow too, almost dangerous. i'm using some pirelli pzero nero's right now which i've been very happy with in the snow and rain. i agree with dochvtec accord, you should have gotten the gold BBS's ;) .

congrats on the sti B, a buddy of mine and me went and looked at them on monday, hes thinking of trading his nsx in for a sti. you got a good deal on the price. Sti's are bad ass. I have a new respect for them after yesterday. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 22 2005, 12:15 PM
what happened to the 350z?
[post=464496]Quoted post[/post]​

I test dorve the Z on Saturday, and honestly, I fell in love with it. But then I figured I'd have to buy another car for the winter which for what I want is another 5k or keep the heep. So I moved onto a truck (I test drove the new Frontier) which was completely bad ass. I am still looking however as I am not sure if I can commit to a truck like Jeef has. I honestly miss heading up to LVD :( And I thought with the Z that if I am goign to spend 30k+ on a car that I would rather buy my Cobra kit car and build it from the ground up. NO better way to fall inlove with a car than to build one yourself.

So I am currently in limbo as to which route I want to do. If I purchase the WRX then I will be buying a beater pickup to haul shit around in (2g's or less...like bill's s10) or if I buy the Frontier, then I don't know what I will do for a fun car...

Cars suck period. They are such a waste of money, but god damn are they fun. :)

No better way to have a car that doesn't run than building it from the ground up lol. I would never build a kit car, too much can go wrong, but that's just me, you might have the needed skills to build one that runs!

Anyhoots, yes the 350z is a sick car. I've never driven one, but one of my co-workers took me on a "ride" to "jimmy johns" and was going sideways though corners. Needless to say, it was fun as hell and I was impressed by the power those things have. It felt almost as nice as my CRX :p

i hear ya steve-- thats a big part of the 350z not being in my top of the list. i'm thoughly happy with my decision to go with the sti

as for my earlier comment about wrx's suck...

the regular wrx shares next to NOTHING with the STi, besides the overal body.

different motor, turbo, IC, wheels, hubs, interior, drivertrain, and so on...

its like comparing a civic EX to a acura integra gsr or something.

It's not an entirely different motor. Many of the parts are completely interchangeable (IC, manifolds, cams, etc), so it's more like comparing a GSR to a Type R. :)

Back