say good bye... and hello, all at the same time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nice man... the hatch > the sol...

good luck over the winter. :)

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Nov 8 2004, 07:26 PM
i'll sell you my pissedoffhatch AOL screen name :p

:worthy: EGs

edit: the problem is engine oil pressure . . . last i knew the compression was fine
[post=413950]Quoted post[/post]​

hey...bill's back!

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 8 2004, 03:32 PM
Come to the turbo AWD darkside.
[post=413890]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
i did and dont ever regret it :)

dennis- ct emissions is back effective nov 1st. my due date for the sol is dec 22nd.

edit: the problem is engine oil pressure . . . last i knew the compression was fine

naw, he means my motor is 9:1. it will make a poor all motor setup.

nick, i bought corries hatch when i sold him my 240.

yea why not just throw the gsr in the sol for now and then drop the 2.0 in the hatch ?

thought about it- but if theres a problem and it takes more than a weekend- both my cars are down, and i have to hoof it to work. im fat. i don't want to do that.

ji, thanks for the offer, but im going legit. i dont like to mess with the dmv. they a;ready hate me enough.

Originally posted by B16+Nov 8 2004, 11:22 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Nov 8 2004, 03:32 PM

[post=414047]Quoted post[/post]​

after i get a house....

i can swing the mortgage...

when I get a roomate. roomate = car payment :)

we'll see.

for now, two cars is enough... and i dont have a place to put a 3rd anyway...

the MR is looking pretty hot... but i dunno.

i have an idea of the car i want.

problem is, no one makes it :)

haha th eproject isn't going anywhere. It's all about the engine it always has been.The sol isn't going anywhere. The engine is also staying. I would be shocked if you did get rid of it. But you're not. The chasis is just changing that's all. good luck.

Originally posted by B16+Nov 8 2004, 09:22 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord

It's hard to regret NOT pushing through turns, NOT having wheelspin on a launch, and NOT feeling squirrelly taking a turn on ice at more than 2 mph. :D

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Nov 9 2004, 07:13 AM-->
Originally posted by B16@Nov 8 2004, 09:22 PM
dohcvtec_accord

It's hard to regret NOT pushing through turns, NOT having wheelspin on a launch, and NOT feeling squirrelly taking a turn on ice at more than 2 mph. :D
[post=414175]Quoted post[/post]​

haha, good point.... we're now spoiled :)

b, its nice to see your not actually giving up. However, if you take the engine out of the sol the one week, you'll be able to do the full engine swap (pull the hatches then drop in the gsr to the sol) that weekend. If not, I sure you can find a car somewhere for monday. There shouldn't be any hook ups since everything is new on both cars, so rusting isn't an issue.

yeah, i thought about doing it... i dunno. the 2500 bucks for the sir2 isn't an issue.... and having a spare gsr block lying around once the boosted one is working is always a plus anyway....
i just don't like down time.
we'll see.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 9 2004, 12:41 AM
thought about it- but if theres a problem and it takes more than a weekend- both my cars are down, and i have to hoof it to work. im fat. i don't want to do that.
[post=414050]Quoted post[/post]​

You're welcome to borrow my GS-R sedan anytime, take her for a week or so. She's really fun to drive these days thanks to Matt. :)

thanks for the offer- but im pretty straight on ordering the sir2 on friday.

so when is this all taking place? how much for the JDM GSR Motor?

So you are rebuilding the 2.0 motor over the winter? B... Do yourself a favor... Install the motor n/a... Drive it for a few weeks n/a to make sure there are no bugs... Then install the AEM EMS with an n/a program and drive it for a few weeks once again to make sure there are no bugs... THEN throw the turbo on...

DONT DO IT ALL AT ONCE... Thats why you had those problems with the sol... You took a motor you didn't know the condition of (remember the copper shavings in the oilpan), a head you didn't know what exactly it was (The exhaust leak because of the tabs), the popping fuel pump fuses from hanging wiring hitting the downpipe, and everything else... The less stuff you throw at something at one time, the less chance for things going wrong...

Think of if this way... In one swoop you did the following:
Engine Swap
Wiring Modifications
Hondata
Turbo Kit
Upgraded Fuel System
Suspension
Transmission/drivetrain work
brakes
traction bars

Thats ALOT to throw at a car all at once...

:fosho2:

that was a lot to throw in all at once, the racecar i drive/work on, thats definatly a no no, baby steps ensures you get everything right the first time, and takes out a lot of the guessing in figuring out problems

BUY ANOTHER ONE YOU RICH MUTHAFUCKA!!!

wait you already did :D

I wish I had cash like that to burn...

I thought you didnt like b16's Brian??? what happened to, "I would take a LS over a b16 anyday" and all that

Back