say good bye... and hello, all at the same time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I still think Hondata is better than that aem POS....

And brian... If I recall, brembo blanks & EBC Green Stuff? I believe it was the FIRST THING you did when you pulled the car off the road.

Maybe its just been so long you don't remember. :p

Originally posted by spectacle+Nov 10 2004, 11:23 PM-->
BUY ANOTHER ONE YOU RICH MUTHAFUCKA!!!

wait you already did :D

I wish I had cash like that to burn...

I thought you didnt like b16's Brian??? what happened to, "I would take a LS over a b16 anyday" and all that
[post=415148]Quoted post[/post]​

for a project car, sure. adding a vtec head, or doing head work to the ls is easier to do than swapping a block later on. for all purposes, the b16 will make for a fine daily driver. hell, i considered getting another z6... but i just wouldn't be happy with it. im going to get the sir2 with the lsd tranny.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Nov 11 2004, 03:48 AM
and "hondata is the best"
[post=415211]Quoted post[/post]​

its a great system. i'm just tired of burning chips, tired of the serial->usb devices never conencting, having cables everywhere, and having no place to mount the blue box. the ems is a way cleaner system. i'm really considering scratching the ems and going to Neptune though.... but thats a big step, and its a propritary system- meaning, i'd HAVE to go see boosted hybrid in PA or hrtuning in AZ. but, all the full-race guys are using it and making way more power than i ever did on hondata. almost double my numbers at the same psi. and my block is more cc. go figure.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Nov 11 2004, 07:00 AM
I still think Hondata is better than that aem POS....

And brian... If I recall, brembo blanks & EBC Green Stuff? I believe it was the FIRST THING you did when you pulled the car off the road.

Maybe its just been so long you don't remember. :p
[post=415218]Quoted post[/post]​

have you ever used the ems on your car noah? what was your personal experince like? not trying to flame- just curious if you've used it/tuned with it before.

the blanks and pads are still in the box, minus the RR corner, cuz my caliper froze. i did the calpier and rotor/pad at the same time, but never got around to doing the rest. i also have a gsr master/booster sitting in a box.

it's been so long, but i still remember every pain staking headache that the car has given me. hehe

New2TheCarScene
@Nov 11 2004, 09:13 AM
scrapin bringing up the burns. :blink:

w00t w00t. owned sign.
[post=415227]Quoted post[/post]​

hardly....

not at all. it was bad timing. when the dyno was free, he wasn't. when he was free, the dyno wasn't.

if my car actually runs somewhat good this time, i will be making the trip to pa to go to his shop.
if not, im going to tow it.

no disrespect to phiz- he did great for what we had to work with... but jeff is a step above and has the shop, the dyna pak, the whole 9 right there.
either way- this is getting way too aheread of the game.
step 1, pull it out of the sol, buy and install the sir2, and then start the rebuild process on the gsr block

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 11 2004, 10:32 AM
the blanks and pads are still in the box, minus the RR corner, cuz my caliper froze. i did the calpier and rotor/pad at the same time, but never got around to doing the rest.
[post=415252]Quoted post[/post]​

That must stop kinda funny...

I've used the AEM EMS before in a few different cars. It was just a pain to setup basemaps, and I liked the hondata setup better overall...

As far as mounting the blue box... Do what I did...
p28.JPG

And since your car is OBD1, it can mount in the OEM Location. THEN, you can do what I was going to do, run a serial cable into the center console.

And once you get the car tuned, you should never need to swap chips. Or you can just run off the Romulator.

As far as Neptune goes... Thats another "Be like us... We're better than you" program.

That honda stuff don't matter to me anymore... :) I sold my hondata (For a nice profit might i add)... And I am now in the process of learning LS1Edit... Which makes Hondata Look like Sesame Street ABC's and 123's. :eek:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 11 2004, 10:41 AM
not at all. it was bad timing. when the dyno was free, he wasn't. when he was free, the dyno wasn't.

if my car actually runs somewhat good this time, i will be making the trip to pa to go to his shop.
if not, im going to tow it.

no disrespect to phiz- he did great for what we had to work with... but jeff is a step above and has the shop, the dyna pak, the whole 9 right there.
either way- this is getting way too aheread of the game.
step 1, pull it out of the sol, buy and install the sir2, and then start the rebuild process on the gsr block
[post=415258]Quoted post[/post]​

ah ic, the last i read was that he never got back to you. but on his site it looks like he is constantly busy, so that coulda been it

naw, it was last min palnning on my part. the dyno was booked for the day i orig planned for, so i moved it a day, and jeff couldn't make it. no biggie... phiz was much cheaper :) and i still wouldn't have gotten any better results. the motor needs work

Back