Saying goodbye

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
But he spends a grand a month to drive that BMW. Wow, holy stupid decisions, batman. Fuck dude you could rent one for that much.

why would i rent something when i can own it?

not a stupid decision. it's well within my means.

i've got a little bit of back debt to pay off (tires for the m3, buying the RS, buying snows for the RS, registration, taxes, and so forth hit me hard this month) and then x-mass gifts... so this month money is tight.

but after that, come february or so, i'm going to focus on paying off the M. I got 7.5% on the car (seeing as it was used... couldn't get a good rate)... so, i'm going to pay even on my condo, and dump every dime extra i have towards paying off the M in 2007.
come spring, i'm selling the RS... i hate the car already.
so that will be 7 i'll dump right towards the M.
have the car all paid off or near paid off before next winter, and then get something else for winter next year..... who knows. i might not even live here a year from now on top of the hill. and then a pos civic beater will suit me fine.

yuppp B, you make more than I. But I make hella good money in tips!

you should save it for a new igloo :p

Seriously though Em, when the time comes, be it 2 months, 2 years, or even 10, saving for that downpayment is the best thing you can do.

60 grand down will allow you to save more than DOUBLE that in the long term.

a $300,000 house with 0 down = 1,896 + taxes, points and any other crap like PMI.
with 60 down, your payment is 1,517

400 a month, for 30 years difference... = $144,000

144- 60 = 84,000 cash in your pocket, by NOT buying the car, but after your mortgage is paid off.

84k + some crazy car worth 60k in the future...

or 60k now, and nothing in your pocket.

I don't know what you make... but I'm pretty sure I make a lot more money than you... probably double.

I take home about 6500 a month after taxes.

I have a 150k condo that I put 10k down on. I've been here a year, and I owe 140,233 according to my latest statement.

After closing costs, and a year of paying my mortgage, and MORE than my payment each month, I still owe more than my orig down payment on the place a year later.

Why? interest. over 800 bucks a month of my payment goes to interest. Factored out, my payment towards principal is a wopping 89 bucks or something like that.

the more you put down up front, the less compound interest you pay on it for the next 30 years of your life.

a year ago, i wasn't making this kind of money, so i didn't have more than 10 to put down.
if i had 60 to put down, i assure you, i wouldn't have bought a condo. i would have bought a dope house instead.

but i was stupid......
i blew 20 grand on civics
5 on 240s
and 10 on an sti that i drove for a year

had i saved that money, and been able to put 45 grand down instead, i'd be in a LOT better shape. i'd have an 80-90k loan out on my place... something i can kill in 8-10 years.
instead, i'll be lucky to pay this place off in 20 years.

and thats if i'm still living here that long from now... and i doubt that will be the case.

I won't try to talk you out of it.... hell, i drive an M3 that I paid 40k for and have a 7k "beater". But, i'm living well within my means.

condo = 1400 (includes HOA)
m3 = 875
bills = 200 (power) + 50 (cable/internet) + 80 (cell) + (130) ins + 120 (gas)

thats just under 3 grand a month in bills... which leaves me roughly 3500 a month to play with, eat, smoke, drink, go out, or pay more towards other things, such as my car or condo, and invest.

You have a finacial advantage many people wish they had.

Don't live "ni**** rich" as the term goes.... wearing bling, driving caddys with 24's, and not a pot to piss in.

When it all comes down to it... that one line sums it all up. Big fatty :werd: for B's "been there done that" experiences.

and through my crappy decisions in the past, i started savingstalk in hopes to try to educate some folks a little more.

but, nick and I seem to be the only ones who care...

Just really don't want to sign up on another forum. I'm trying to ween myself off sitting on the internet all damn evening.

you should save it for a new igloo :p

Seriously though Em, when the time comes, be it 2 months, 2 years, or even 10, saving for that downpayment is the best thing you can do.

60 grand down will allow you to save more than DOUBLE that in the long term.

a $300,000 house with 0 down = 1,896 + taxes, points and any other crap like PMI.
with 60 down, your payment is 1,517

400 a month, for 30 years difference... = $144,000

144- 60 = 84,000 cash in your pocket, by NOT buying the car, but after your mortgage is paid off.

84k + some crazy car worth 60k in the future...

or 60k now, and nothing in your pocket.

I don't know what you make... but I'm pretty sure I make a lot more money than you... probably double.

I take home about 6500 a month after taxes.

I have a 150k condo that I put 10k down on. I've been here a year, and I owe 140,233 according to my latest statement.

After closing costs, and a year of paying my mortgage, and MORE than my payment each month, I still owe more than my orig down payment on the place a year later.

Why? interest. over 800 bucks a month of my payment goes to interest. Factored out, my payment towards principal is a wopping 89 bucks or something like that.

the more you put down up front, the less compound interest you pay on it for the next 30 years of your life.

a year ago, i wasn't making this kind of money, so i didn't have more than 10 to put down.
if i had 60 to put down, i assure you, i wouldn't have bought a condo. i would have bought a dope house instead.

but i was stupid......
i blew 20 grand on civics
5 on 240s
and 10 on an sti that i drove for a year

had i saved that money, and been able to put 45 grand down instead, i'd be in a LOT better shape. i'd have an 80-90k loan out on my place... something i can kill in 8-10 years.
instead, i'll be lucky to pay this place off in 20 years.

and thats if i'm still living here that long from now... and i doubt that will be the case.

I won't try to talk you out of it.... hell, i drive an M3 that I paid 40k for and have a 7k "beater". But, i'm living well within my means.

condo = 1400 (includes HOA)
m3 = 875
bills = 200 (power) + 50 (cable/internet) + 80 (cell) + (130) ins + 120 (gas)

thats just under 3 grand a month in bills... which leaves me roughly 3500 a month to play with, eat, smoke, drink, go out, or pay more towards other things, such as my car or condo, and invest.

You have a finacial advantage many people wish they had.

Don't live "ni**** rich" as the term goes.... wearing bling, driving caddys with 24's, and not a pot to piss in.
why did you waste your time typing something to

a)someone who won't listen
b)doesn't care
c)isn't your girlfriend or someone you can influence.

the point of this thread is what car to get. buy a fucking rx-7. they are moderately rare, fast if you build them and have a kick ass too fast too furious dominic toretto stigma about them.

i wish i had tits so i could flaunt my shit and get money for it. instead, i had to join the military and work my ass off to get my degree. i don't have gods fortune to give me 5 pounds of blessings on my chest for people to give me money for catching a section of pale skin.

props on the capability to spend money on what you want instead of what is right. buy the mazda, and if you can, get the nsx to. sounds like you can afford it. and yes, i'm jealous as a motherfucker that i can't do the same. props to you.

Maybe I didn't read all of this thread, but where the fuck do the tits come into this?

Oh, and did I miss the pictures? or what?

Maybe I didn't read all of this thread, but where the fuck do the tits come into this?

Oh, and did I miss the pictures? or what?
here's your answer. no pictures. i was referring to a womans ability to make money and not have to do shit for it because they are gifted from god.
yuppp B, you make more than I. But I make hella good money in tips!

Ah... I skimmed through since this thread went from 2 to 5 pages while I was at work.

Does anyohne else think this chick is full of shit or is it just me? like really an S2k, a supra, now an Rx7 or NSX? id trust the government more then this thread lol not fooled

He is talking about the fact that this thread is 4 years old from 2006. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back