Should I get a Civic SI?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

let's hear from the kid again... buddy? you out there?

be careful if you get a GSR because there is a big risk of it getting stolen, I know 3 different people who had LS tegs stolen and stripped

2k si is a good car if you can find one for 12k but I'd say get a 5th gen civic and play with that for a while and if you don't crash it right off the bat then do a swap. no point in haveing a nice car for your first one and ruining it because of lack of driving experience... no offense to you there are just lots of kids wrecking nice cars these days and it pisses me off

peace

id say go ahead and get the Civic Si. they are good cars and have alot of aftermarket support for them in case you plan on doing anything to it in the future. keep us informed as to what you do.

My parents are buying the car for me and they say that they will spend $12k tops. The Civic SI i found in the paper is a 1999 and has 69k miles on it for $9500. Even if they buy this car though, they wouldnt give me $2000 for extra stuff to modify it though.

By the way, I like the green Del Sol Afipunk21.

By the way, I was just curious of how fast/loud a 1999 SI would be...

:lmao: I can't believe you posted the show car wannabe.

But I agree with B, don't buy a honda and if you do, buy something very top notch.

That sounds like a good idea, but find one that's newer with less miles. You still have $2500 to go!

hey snakeman?
maybe you should tell us more about what you want in a car, cause it seems like you want the 2k si and were just hoping we would back you up on that choice

I'll tell you right now that I wouldn't be driving my civic if I would have been in your shoes a few years ago. I bought my car for the gas mileage cause I was comuting a lot, the only reason I did an engine swap was because I don't have money to buy a better car and don't want my insurance to go

If I were going to buy a car for under 12k right now I'd look for the following cars

1. Nissan 300zx
2. Mustang GT
3. Saab 9-3 turbo (viggen if you can get one for 12k)
4. VW gti (either vr6 or 1.8t)
5. Suburu Impreza

if you just want something loud and fast then just get one of the cars I mentioned and put a shitty muffler on it.
I'd say do some more research on cars before you blow 12k on something you won't want in a couple years. get something that you will still want to be driving after you graduate

Originally posted by seanjuan@Aug 27 2003, 12:55 PM

If I were going to buy a car for under 12k right now I'd look for the following cars

1. Nissan 300zx
2. Mustang GT
3. Saab 9-3 turbo (viggen if you can get one for 12k)
4. VW gti (either vr6 or 1.8t)
5. Suburu Impreza

if you just want something loud and fast then just get one of the cars I mentioned and put a shitty muffler on it.
I'd say do some more research on cars before you blow 12k on something you won't want in a couple years. get something that you will still want to be driving after you graduate

Good God. Please tell me you don't really think these are good cars for a 16 year old.

1. Nissan 300zx <--- PILE of shit in NA form/Turbos are 15k +
2. Mustang GT <--- Insurance/Death
3. Saab 9-3 turbo (viggen if you can get one for 12k) <--- Yeah. A Saab. Nuff said.
4. VW gti (either vr6 or 1.8t) <--- Best so far. Still a beaver box.
5. Suburu Impreza <--- For 12k he would get a na '85.

He should buy a Civic DX or a Kia with a fart can and washer nozzles.

I never said that his dad would aprove, the insurance would be affordable, or that have that car wouldn't get him killed or mamed...
I just said those are the cars I would look for if I were buying a car right now for 12k, not necessarily in that order though and I never said it would be easy to find all of them either

at any rate snake, let's hear what your requirements and stuff are for this car. we know you have 12k to spend and that you like honda's but we need to know more if you are going to help you out

This is just my first car. I want something a little sporty and fast. My sister has a '99 accord with a v4 and it sucks but i had heard that this car is alot better. I also need something with good gas mileage and that will last for around 150000 miles.

As some people on here have mentioned the Integra Gsr is another great choice and the Integra LS would not be a bad choice either. The LS will be a lot easier on the insurance too.

Peace*

hey solidsnakezero, so you did become a forum member, i guess AOL does help. o yea the guy that sed the 240 was a good choice, absolutely right. 240 gonna be my next car. 240s are good cuz of this""
1. low insurance cost (not considered sporty coupe plus having govenor on it)
2. cheap to find (anywhere from like 2500 up)
3. performance parts (not much 'ricer products' for them, mostly serious JDM gear)
4. motor swap is cheap (most honda guys pay 1500-4000 for a motor, you can get a front clip for 2500 and sell the other parts, make your money back)
5.sr20det (ooh baby simple motor swap and u get a turbo)
6.drifting (so much fun, even in FF, get to rock the Option2 sticker) dont rock it if u dont drift

OK, I also found a 1998 Integra GSR in the paper. It has 39k miles on it and is selling for $10,500. Which is the better deal, this or the civic si?

Originally posted by SolidSnakeZero@Aug 27 2003, 03:52 PM
OK, I also found a 1998 Integra GSR in the paper. It has 39k miles on it and is selling for $10,500. Which is the better deal, this or the civic si?

Let's see.... less miles, better engine, probably has leather.... hello!!! Yes, the GSR is a better deal than the high milage SI.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 27 2003, 04:02 PM
and no accord came with a v4 :lol:

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it was an inline 8. Or they came with an optional boxer 6 cylinder. ;)

Back